MNF Titans vs. Bills

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Last year we were seeing results of what he had done up to 2019 (alongside us winning a lot of coin flips). It takes 2-3 years for a draft class to take full effect.

This year we're seeing the results of trading away he best player from the 2019 draft class and drafting horribly in 2020 and 2021.

That's why he's not on the hot seat now, but if 2022 and 2023 aren't solid draft classes that will be 4 straight years of not improving the team and he should be gone.

I hear ya.
I think 2022 has already proven to be better than 2020-21 combined. You have guys that can actually contribute. Even if they aren't fully ready they are doing things. 

Malik will be the determining factor. If he can prove to be a starter the timer for Robinson is reset and is given at least another 4-5 years. Vrabel? Not as much.

13 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

O, this year. I was gonna say. He has had some chances with us, 😂. Didn't read that correct, my b.

These were the most important last years of his career, with us, though. He had his chances, I ain't sorry for him. He is just another middle of the road QB. Not a bad dude. I don't even know if a perfect situation gets him a super bowl. That doesn't really exist either in the NFL.

He would have needed a Flacco like hot run to win a chip. And he ain't got that in him. We know that 

Oh yeah, he had chances. It’s just tough that he was the QB for the two best offenses in Titans history and every year he had a worse supporting cast than the year prior.

Not a ton of sympathy from me. He had his chance last year and picked a bad time to play his worst game. But he’s been compensated well and played on some good teams. He’s obviously not a victim.

Just a shame we bet on Downing and this system after Art left. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Oh yeah, he had chances. It’s just tough that he was the QB for the two best offenses in Titans history and every year he had a worst supporting cast than the year prior.

Not a ton of sympathy from me. He had his chance last year and picked a bad time to play his worst game. But he’s been compensated well and played on some good teams. He’s obviously not a victim.

Just a shame we bet on Downing and this system after Art left. 

Side note. This is why I think the Colts defense is in trouble. I think that DC was more important than people know. 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

If the keys ever get handed over to Malik

and we don't make a concerted effort to give him the best chances to thrive...even if that entails coaching changes at various levels....

i will complain SO much more than I usually do in this forum!! and I complain a lot!!!

I think it will be ground to really start thinking about finding a new team. I refuse to keep giving myself emotionally to something like this if they have no idea what they are doing.

I will become as casual as can be. You'd only see me around draft time because I love that part so much. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think it will be ground to really start thinking about finding a new team. I refuse to keep giving myself emotionally to something like this if they have no idea what they are doing.

I will become as casual as can be. You'd only see me around draft time because I love that part so much. 

We just have attached ourselves with this "ground and pound / black and blue" football style that has resulted in exactly 0 super bowl titles

it's baffling. I'm not saying it's a style that doesn't work w/ the right team, but the reluctance to evolve in order to improve is baffling.

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

We just have attached ourselves with this "ground and pound / black and blue" football style that has resulted in exactly 0 super bowl titles

it's baffling. I'm not saying it's a style that doesn't work w/ the right team, but the reluctance to evolve in order to improve is baffling.

As I told my coworker. I actually love the idea of it. I love being able to just bully mofos in this pass happy pretty boy style game now. 

But, you gotta know how to do it right...
You can't have a 250 lb guard.  A TE that can't block or catch. A coach that doesn't know what to call or when to call it. 

Our line should look like freaking Wisconsin's line. lol
We should have Five 1st round pick linemen and go from there. 

What do I know. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It really is incredible that, with the exception of the 22 game Whisenhunt disaster, we’ve maintained the same identity and philosophy across four head coaches, countless coordinators, and 25 years.

That scares me too. 
We went and got an offensive mind and just completely sucked at it....I mean succccccked. 

It's weird you'd think with the Houston Oiler roots and ownership, they'd remember the Warren Moon days of 50 passes a game. 

I also think who is the OC we should have hired as HC?  Lafleur? Art?  
Looking at the HCs now, who new in the last 4 years is really just killing it?

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

As I told my coworker. I actually love the idea of it. I love being able to just bully mofos in this pass happy pretty boy style game now. 

You can't have a 250 lb guard.  A TE that can't block or catch. A coach that doesn't know what to call or when to call it. 

What do I know. 

Exactly

Outside of WHIFFS in Wilson/Radunz...what has Robinson's plan been?

Trying to turn backups like Lamm, Ques, Jamarco Jones, now Daley into starters?

No real plan for post-Saffold. Brewer should be a center and backup.

RT has been a revolving door.

LT is now an issue (and was bound to be one sooner than later)

I mean let's say Wilson even panned out. And Radunz doesn't even get picked because of it. We're still looking at a line last night of: Lewan/Daley, Brewer, Jones, Davis, Wilson (NPF)

that's a terrible OL.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I also think who is the OC we should have hired as HC?  Lafleur? Art?  
Looking at the HCs now, who new in the last 4 years is really just killing it?

I don’t really want Vrabel gone. And obviously the tough part is that any competent young OC is inevitably going to get poached. I just hate that we went with the most generic hiring possible after Art left. Just a complete lack of creativity to hire a proven failure of an OC that’s only positive trait was that he was already in the building.

18 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

What do I know. 

Exactly.

I love the idea of it to. But it needs to be modernized. And you have to hit on the picks to make it happen. Can’t whiff on two o lineman.

Beast offensive line.

For heavens sake anyone but Swaim, invest in TEs, draft multiple, the Ravens did it and they hit on Andrew’s. Imagine Andrew’s in our offense of the last three years. Imagine two solid tight end pass catchers.

A backup running back who can actually spell Henry and catch.

A qb who can hurt you with his legs often.

Sucks, cause AJ fit that bruiser idea so well. Maybe Trey can be that dude.

Idk man, I love our style but it needs to be ever so slightly modernized. Maybe Malik can take that modernization there. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by twotonebluenation