• Chris Johnson
    • Jamaal Charles
    • Priest Holmes
    • Shaun Alexander
    • Edgerrin James
    • Derrick Henry
    • Todd Gurley

4 minutes ago, MontanaBronco said:

LT was soft as a pillow? Based on what, the 07 championship game?

I wish the broncos would find a soft as a pillow running back. Maybe he would end up in the hall of fame and have elite production for almost a decade.

And the way he acted after the Chokers choked against us in the 2006 divisional round. Wasn't a big fan of him after those two incidents.

First two are pretty easy to lock in.  That 3rd place among all those guys is really tough though.  They all had different strengths and weaknesses, and you have to try to account for situation and longevity, health, etc.

Tempted to go with Chris Johnson, for the absolute gamebreaking at his peak.  Lynch was also an absolute force at the other end of the style spectrum.  Gore never really struck me as an absolute "best in the league" top guy per se, but i could see the argument that his durability and longevity put him in the conversation because you could always count on him to be very good.  Others also have their respective merits.

But i kinda drifted toward Shady McCoy.  Feels like he's got a good balance of being dynamic but also a bit more versatile and well rounded, and over a pretty long period of time.  It's weird though, because unlike some others...i'm not sure he was ever really "the best".  But it feels like it might be the best "overall player" compromise.  Not really going to stand hard and fast by that though.

1 hour ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Maybe it had something to do with The Patriots trotting over to midfield and mocking the Lights Out celebration.

Who cares? Roid Boy did on other teams' turf all the time.

Tomlinson was a sore loser and sat on the bench when his team needed him the most while Rivers played on a torn ACL.

36 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Who cares? Roid Boy did on other teams' turf all the time.

Tomlinson was a sore loser and sat on the bench when his team needed him the most while Rivers played on a torn ACL.

Not directly over the other teams logo.

Tomlinson knew that a 100% Michael Turner would help the team more than a 60% LT. If LT played, and performed poorly, you would've called him a choker. One game doesn't undo 164 TDs, a 31 TD season, the first 1000 Yard Rushing/100 Catch season ever, and complete dominance of the 2000's. To even consider anybody besides AP over LT for best RB of the ones listed is laughable.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Not directly over the other teams logo.

Tomlinson knew that a 100% Michael Turner would help the team more than a 60% LT. If LT played, and performed poorly, you would've called him a choker. One game doesn't undo 164 TDs, a 31 TD season, the first 1000 Yard Rushing/100 Catch season ever, and complete dominance of the 2000's. To even consider anybody besides AP over LT for best RB of the ones listed is laughable.

LT's injury was not that serious lol

• 3 weeks later...

I see I'm firmly in the majority.  Struggled back and forth between Peterson/Tomlinson, but went with Peterson.  He had the 2000 yard season, the huge comeback from injury, and the same dominance.  But it's really, really close imo.

Henry third, because he's still going at a pretty high level, and was on pace to have the biggest back to back seasons ever before he got injured.  He'll have to have a couple more huge seasons to be in the same conversation at the top two though.

I think the first two were simple. So the battle for third place was Derrick Henry and Chris Johnson for me.

I think CJ2k has become criminally underrated. His speed was truly something just as freakish as what Henry brings to the table. He could operate as a RB and had some relevance as a pass catcher as well.

Sure his prime wasn’t as long as some of the others, but I feel especially with a position like RB the peak is the most important component that they bring to the table. I don’t know if there are many RB peak seasons higher than what CJ2k put forth. Really I feel I’d go 3a/3b with him an Henry. They’re both freaks.