BDL 2022 Week 2 - Cuba Smugglers @ Death Valley Nightmare

RedGold

Who Wins?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cuba Smugglers
    • Death Valley Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2022 at 04:00 AM

This is a tough matchup but I think I'm going to give Cuba the edge in this one. There were a couple of things from DV's gameplan that confused me a little bit. Like they talk a lot about how they're going to sub in a bunch of players and run all of these different personnel packages but then say they want to run a lot of no huddle offense. Or how they want to run that no huddle offense but they also plan on playing the time of possession game to limit Cuba's offensive opportunities. It just doesn't feel super cohesive. On the other side I felt like Cuba had a clear plan and explained why they were running the concepts they decided to run. Ultimately I think the DV offense will put up points but the inconsistencies in gameplan will limit them a little bit.

10 minutes ago, rackcs said:

This is a tough matchup but I think I'm going to give Cuba the edge in this one. There were a couple of things from DV's gameplan that confused me a little bit. Like they talk a lot about how they're going to sub in a bunch of players and run all of these different personnel packages but then say they want to run a lot of no huddle offense. Or how they want to run that no huddle offense but they also plan on playing the time of possession game to limit Cuba's offensive opportunities. It just doesn't feel super cohesive. On the other side I felt like Cuba had a clear plan and explained why they were running the concepts they decided to run. Ultimately I think the DV offense will put up points but the inconsistencies in gameplan will limit them a little bit.

What I need from everybody is to tell me what you want in a game plan so that I can write it because if I get too specific it's bad and if I don't get specific enough it's bad so what the **** am I supposed to write.

Not running 100% no hudfle,  There would still certainly be plenty of opportunities to make substitutions and run different schemes.

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What I need from everybody is to tell me what you want in a game plan so that I can write it because if I get too specific it's bad and if I don't get specific enough it's bad so what the **** am I supposed to write.

Not running 100% no hudfle,  There would still certainly be plenty of opportunities to make substitutions and run different schemes.

Welcome to a league with 16+ individuals voters with different preferences. 

I'm not saying anything about how specific or non-specific your gameplan, it's about what I view as inconsistencies. Obviously I know you won't run 100% no huddle but the idea of doing a ton of personnel packages and substitutions and running "a lot" of no huddle isn't very cohesive. But that's just my opinion, I'm just one voter.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Welcome to a league with 16+ individuals voters with different preferences. 

I'm not saying anything about how specific or non-specific your gameplan, it's about what I view as inconsistencies. Obviously I know you won't run 100% no huddle but the idea of doing a ton of personnel packages and substitutions and running "a lot" of no huddle isn't very cohesive. But that's just my opinion, I'm just one voter.

You do not have to explain yourself I have already accepted defeat

Not sure where to go here. Cuba wants to run the inverted cover 2 which is usually a disguised coverage used to bait QB's into throws over the middle they think are left open by a traditional cover 2.....but he's going against a wildly run heavy team so I don't see the point.

And Death Valley wants to key on stopping the run but Cuba wants a heavy workload for Cook. 

Coming back to this one.

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Not sure where to go here. Cuba wants to run the inverted cover 2 which is usually a disguised coverage used to bait QB's into throws over the middle they think are left open by a traditional cover 2.....but he's going against a wildly run heavy team so I don't see the point.

And Death Valley wants to key on stopping the run but Cuba wants a heavy workload for Cook. 

Coming back to this one.

The inverted cover 2 is more for presnap preference. Having Douglas and Griffin play 8-10 yards from the LOS so James and Reid can come closer to defend Lamar as a rushing threat.

Screen_Shot_2021_12_15_at_2.00.57_PM.png

this a 4-6 look which is not our 4-2-5 but the idea is by the time ball is snapped our safeties are closer to the LOS then the CBs. The S playing flats and looking out for the QB to keep the ball in his hands. Our preferred blitzes are early in the game to prevent Henry getting a groove.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:
2 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Big time matchup between 2 good teams.  I think ultimately LJ and company fades down the stretch behind some shaky o line play from DV, while Brady keeps his cool under similar pressure  

Cuba takes it 18-15

As a Brady Hater (you) i find it interesting that suddenly you love him. LJ didnt fade at all on Sunday.

For as bad as Brady played Sunday he came through late in the game.  

LJ with a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter had the following drives

-5 plays, 3 minutes, turnover on downs

-3 plays, 1 minute, punt 

-6 plays, 3 minutes, fg

-4 plays, 14 seconds, end of game 

In a matchup this close who is gonna be clutch late and who is gonna fade.  

Imo your o line has more problems and you have the qb that faded irl while his qb came up clutch when it was needed.  Your running game is also sub par to his and your wr's are not really feature guys irl.

You want to pound the middle with Henry but at 2 yards a pop or less it won't produce much 

You want to focus on deep routes but your o line ain't gonna hold up long enough.  

Its just not in the cards this week for you imo

15 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Screen_Shot_2021_12_15_at_2.00.57_PM.png

this a 4-6 look which is not our 4-2-5 but the idea is by the time ball is snapped our safeties are closer to the LOS then the CBs. The S playing flats and looking out for the QB to keep the ball in his hands. Our preferred blitzes are early in the game to prevent Henry getting a groove.

That is a cover 2 invert if I'm not mistaken. Safety stays in the middle like a high MLB or plays contain.it does look like a Cover 3 or 46 defense pre snap, although a 46 usually has both Outside LBs on one side, a MLB almost right in the middle (not law but it's usually because the one OLB is always rushing or going wide) and the safety essentially becomes the new OLB on the other side where there is no true LB. This has 2 coverage LB and 2 DBs playing wide coverage. Not the same, but if disguised properly it can really fool an opponent.

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

For as bad as Brady played Sunday he came through late in the game.  

LJ with a 21 point lead in the 4th quarter had the following drives

-5 plays, 3 minutes, turnover on downs

-3 plays, 1 minute, punt 

-6 plays, 3 minutes, fg

-4 plays, 14 seconds, end of game 

In a matchup this close who is gonna be clutch late and who is gonna fade.  

Imo your o line has more problems and you have the qb that faded irl while his qb came up clutch when it was needed.  Your running game is also sub par to his and your wr's are not really feature guys irl.

You want to pound the middle with Henry but at 2 yards a pop or less it won't produce much 

You want to focus on deep routes but your o line ain't gonna hold up long enough.  

Its just not in the cards this week for you imo

Let me explain something to you.  Let me dumb something down for you. IRL statsdon't mean a whole lot in this league because the make up of the individual rosters in this league are far different different they and what they are IRL

I find it pretty cute though that you're sitting here making an entire post  Basically telling people why they should vote against me don't ever tell me again that you're not bias AF

28 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let me explain something to you.  Let me dumb something down for you. IRL statsdon't mean a whole lot in this league because the make up of the individual rosters in this league are far different different they and what they are IRL

I find it pretty cute though that you're sitting here making an entire post  Basically telling people why they should vote against me don't ever tell me again that you're not bias AF

I could care less how others vote in any matchup, mine included.  I certainly don't care how they vote here.  You said LJ didnt fade on Sunday and he clearly did so I showed it

Stats and play irl do matter in this league to me, not in the same sense that they do irl but more so in is a player playing well or not/will they be able to execute the gameplan well or not

If you don't want me to go further into detail about my vote then don't question it lol.  

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I could care less how others vote in any matchup, mine included.  I certainly don't care how they vote here.  You said LJ didnt fade on Sunday and he clearly did so I showed it

Stats and play irl do matter in this league to me, not in the same sense that they do irl but more so in is a player playing well or not/will they be able to execute the gameplan well or not

If you don't want me to go further into detail about my vote then don't question it lol.  

So by your logic Lamar Jackson did not play well except that he did