2022 GDT Week Four Da Steelers Vs. Da Jets

Steeler Hitman

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

worried we would end up wasting claypool and Harris on rookie contracts, might have to throw pat in there now

I'm still optimistic. I feel like with a couple additions we're right there. I think we knocked the last off-season out of the park and I think the new crew will give us another good one next year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yes. Mind you he was helping Dan Moore a lot with Myles Garrett by forcing Myles back inside. I would say Freiermuth was a big part of the plan Thursday, it just wasn’t as a pass catcher. Considering the night Myles had I think it was a job well done. 

That's a good point about Garrett. I didn't think of him while looking at that list. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm still optimistic. I feel like with a couple additions we're right there. I think we knocked the last off-season out of the park and I think the new crew will give us another good one next year. 

speaking of the new front office. I wonder if our next OC(if they fire matt) could come from the philly coaching staff... Kevin Patullo is a young offensive coach who's gotten interviews to be a OC

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yikes, that's pretty bad. From my limited knowledge it looks like he was used as a blocker until we were playing catch-up? Is that an accurate take?

Yes, and they actually played Gentry alone in far more plays as the TE than I would think for a team with Freiermuth. Their primary concern was Garrett. And they slowed him, but at what cost? We saw a bunch of 3 man routes against 6/7 in coverage. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Yes, and they actually played Gentry alone in far more plays as the TE than I would think for a team with Freiermuth. Their primary concern was Garrett. And they slowed him, but at what cost? We saw a bunch of 3 man routes against 6/7 in coverage. 

It’d be cool to have a good LT that we could not have to worry as much about. Garrett is tough, though. 

13 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

It’d be cool to have a good LT that we could not have to worry as much about. Garrett is tough, though. 

I understand why they did it for Garrett, I didn't really get why we had the double wings so much to help both tackles. If I provided the Najee routes it would look awfully similar to Muth's, and often on the same play. We ran 2/3 verts with 2 chips/release routes on nearly 80% of our pass plays. 

They paid Chuks $10M per and he was going against a backup without Clowney. The Browns didn't send pressure that often, nor did they have the horses up front without Clowney to deserve that attention. That part of it didn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I understand why they did it for Garrett, I didn't really get why we had the double wings so much to help both tackles. If I provided the Najee routes it would look awfully similar to Muth's, and often on the same play. We ran 2/3 verts with 2 chips/release routes on nearly 80% of our pass plays. 

They paid Chuks $10M per and he was going against a backup without Clowney. The Browns didn't send pressure that often, nor did they have the horses up front without Clowney to deserve that attention. That part of it didn't make sense. 

Feels like it was a gameplan for both with the plays that ripped them to shreds 4 days before. 

took this from the brandon staley thread in the nfl general sub but it really ****s me what canada is doing here - i firmly do believe mitch has enough talent that if you use him right and give him the right weapons - which here we have - we ought to have won the pats and browns games. and imo this is backed up by what happens when we go nohuddle and ditch the canada concepts, which have us playing like we have 2015 peyton manning calling the plays ffs

6 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

but it really ****s me what canada is doing here - i firmly do believe mitch has enough talent that if you use him right and give him the right weapons

A couple of thing on this part:

- Here’s the follow up tweet:

For the most part, the offensive play caller controls ADOR, and I think ADOT is a split between the QB (70%) and OC/HC (30%)

- Trubisky has plenty of talent to work with. Hell I’ll say it. Skill position players are on part with what’s considered top 5 IMO. 

- For all the talk of verts and deep comebacks, this paints quite a different picture.

- Take the ravens out of it and the further away from where we are, the worse the offense gets. There’s no correlation there to ADOR, ADOT, and output. I think this chart shows how good Herbert/ARod are at sustaining drives, how much Lamar holds the ball, and how little chance Fields is being given to be successful. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

- For all the talk of verts and deep comebacks, this paints quite a different picture.

Not really. Key word for both the ADOT and the ADOR is average. His graph even says that this includes RBs. Would be more impactful in that to remove RBs and any checkdown route.

Personally, I don’t think this graph tells you much. It’s a small sample size (this was the first two games) and lumps all 5 receiving options in at one time. Claypools ADOT was 6.2 going into the third game where Pickens was 21.

Najee has an ADOT of 0.18 though 3 games and 10% of the targets which completely neuters Pickens windsprints on 13% target share for a graph like this to have much meaning. Same would be said for route run. That doesn’t even consider the vertical stemmed route to 15 that ends in a comeback to 10. 

These are the things that make me made about PFF. They took two numbers, slapped some logos on a graph, and said my work here is done. 

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Not really. Key word for both the ADOT and the ADOR is average. His graph even says that this includes RBs. Would be more impactful in that to remove RBs and any checkdown route.

Personally, I don’t think this graph tells you much. It’s a small sample size (this was the first two games) and lumps all 5 receiving options in at one time. Claypools ADOT was 6.2 going into the third game where Pickens was 21.

Najee has an ADOT of 0.18 though 3 games and 10% of the targets which completely neuters Pickens windsprints on 13% target share for a graph like this to have much meaning. Same would be said for route run. That doesn’t even consider the vertical stemmed route to 15 that ends in a comeback to 10. 

These are the things that make me made about PFF. They took two numbers, slapped some logos on a graph, and said my work here is done. 

You missed the sarcasm part.