GDT 9/25/22 Week 4 - Buffalo Bills (2-1) @ Baltimore Ravens (2-1) - 1pm EST

drd23

12 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Also y’all need to start capitalizing on these chokes. Got the bills at +530 at one point. Hate that i saw it coming. 

Maryland online betting still not up after 3+ years. 

Absolute joke. Have to drive to PA so can’t live bet

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Interesting. We’ll see what happens

I'll add that we should win this next game and it is very important to the division. I think missing playoff would be hard to do (barring disaster injuries blah blah). But, it will be a disappointment for everyone involved we won't win the division this year, so this coming game is one of the most important of the year.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I explained it a page back.

Basically...

Your defense HAS TO get a stop no matter what you do, right? You have no choice but to rely on them. Okay, so with that information you also know your defense is utter trash and hasn't stopped a nose bleed since the 1st Quarter. So...it's 4th and 3 so you can either take the points and leave Josh Allen 3-ish minutes to drive down the field and need a FG to tie.

Or you can go for the points and if you get it, he's gotta score a touchdown to tie OR you're basically in the same scenario as above, but a FG beats you.

You have Lamar Jackson as your QB and you need 3 yards to score. I go for that every time. The play call was good. Duvernay was open. Lamar choked. It's that simple.

I’m sure someone responded by now.

But this doesn’t make sense. You take the points there because it ensures that Allen HAS to score a TD to win. 

I agree that our defense sucks, but that’s WHY you do it. Because while they suck they have the propensity to force turnovers. If the Bills needed a score there’s more pressure and with the rain might’ve forced more errant throws that could’ve went for a pick. Getting the points would’ve played to our defenses’ strengths at the very least.

Had it been at the 1 yard line, I would agree with you. But 3 yards is too many yards to ask for in that situation with that much time left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Not to keep circling back to DeCosta. But Oweh wasn’t even a good college player. Didn’t even look like he belonged on the field against Ohio State and Michigan 

I’m coming around to this as well. Granted I think this 2022 class looks to be good… and we finally stopped going after traits and went back to selecting good football players that dominated on the field.

Lindy, Hamilton, Faalele all were productive play making talents in college. Ojabo caught lightning in a bottle and was a playmaker but it’s hard to trust someone coming off an Achilles injury.

But yeah, the Queen selection definitely has not worked out. Was a weak ILB class and felt like that was a need pick. Same with last year and Oweh, felt like a need with athleticism. Which he does have enticing athleticism if he “figures it out” but he’s absolutely got zero football IQ and has this season regressed as a run defender too, which he was at least a great edge setter in college.

Really I think it’s not EDC, but rather the coaches. Queen and Oweh aren’t the problem, I mean they are, but if you’re going to take risks with such enticing talents, then you need better defensive leadership and coaching. Harbaugh clearly has zero ability to recognize and develop coaching talent.

None of his coaching tree has done anything good in the league. If he’s going to be CEO HC then the least he could do is try and poach veteran coaches that could provide some actual leadership to the unit that have had legitimate success in the league. Yet instead he hires one hit wonder collegiate DCs instead.

One other coaching decision I’ve got a problem with. Mike Davis had literally not played ALL GAME LONG and we decided to trust him in a pivotal game winning situation?

If we’re going to go for the win, why not trump Dobbins out there for the last play. Pitch count be damned. I’m trusting him to be someone Lamar considers an outlet.

So sure Lamar missed Duvernay, but he didn’t even really look for Davis at RB, which I can’t fault him for, are you really going to trust a RB who has played like one snap with the game winning ball in the rain? The pass was there on the play and had Dobbins been in, I think Lamar looks in his direction.

I don’t think Roman does a good job of calling plays that Lamar is comfortable with executing in pressure situations; Lamar has never been consistently successful operating out of an empty set, yet that’s the playcall to win the game?

I was 60% for kicking the field goal and 40% for going for it, but if I did, I’m not calling an empty set. And if I did, no way Dobbins isn’t in there.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m sure someone responded by now.

But this doesn’t make sense. You take the points there because it ensures that Allen HAS to score a TD to win. 

I agree that our defense sucks, but that’s WHY you do it. Because while they suck they have the propensity to force turnovers. If the Bills needed a score there’s more pressure and with the rain might’ve forced more errant throws that could’ve went for a pick. Getting the points would’ve played to our defenses’ strengths at the very least.

Had it been at the 1 yard line, I would agree with you. But 3 yards is too many yards to ask for in that situation with that much time left.

they don't need a score. They're playing for FG range and if they score it's a bonus. It's literally no different than what actually happened.

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

why the **** don't we get these calls? literally any other team and this is OPI 100% of the time but Dawson Knox does it and suddenly the refs go blind...

Was obvious OPI live. These are how close games go. Sometimes refs bone you and that's what happened today.

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Was obvious OPI live. These are how close games go. Sometimes refs bone you and that's what happened today.

He couldn't have made it any more obvious, too. Normally you see dudes just run and turn around to act like they're getting a pass, but this dude straight up stalk blocked the CB 3 yards down the field WHILE THE BALL WAS IN THE AIR.

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He couldn't have made it any more obvious, too. Normally you see dudes just run and turn around to act like they're getting a pass, but this dude straight up stalk blocked the CB 3 yards down the field WHILE THE BALL WAS IN THE AIR.

Yeah these refs were trash. To not call that but to call the Mark Andrews play that IIRC forced us into a FG, OPI was ridiculous. Then the three defensive holds back to back on our defense the series after they “missed” a blatant DPI on the Bills against Andrews, also ridiculous.

Like people are blaming our offense for not doing enough and that may be true, but it’s hard to build offensive momentum when you’ve got terrible refs. The Bills capitalized on what was provided so I’m not castigating their actual efforts, but the refs were one way trash.

12 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

they don't need a score. They're playing for FG range and if they score it's a bonus. It's literally no different than what actually happened.

The Bills absolutely would’ve needed a score. It would’ve been 23-20, Ravens, on that drive if we kicked a FG. Which means they would’ve had to score at least a FG to not lose. They also don’t have the turnover on downs/interception momentum boosting their offense either.

They could’ve played for OT but at least at that point our offense would’ve had some momentum from having gotten a second half score finally and OT would’ve been back to neutral, allow the home crowd to get back into the game.

We’ve had too many failed conversions of late and it needs to stop. This isn’t Madden. If it’s one yard, sure. But three yards, with the way our defense is looking was an instant death knell. Scoring a TD there doesn’t instantly win us the game anyway it simply forces the Bills to have to score 7 on that drive. So it literally does nothing.

The FG was the absolute right decision there. Take the momentum. Lastly while people want to blame Lamar for not seeing Duvernay at first, it’s raining with the defense having no threat of the run so they ALL have their hands up and are blocking passing lanes to see what’s clear to the viewer.

Roman consistently makes boneheaded calls in those situations where he does something COMPLETELY different from what’s worked in the game up to that point- in those situations.

JK Dobbins is catching passes left and right? Let’s throw Mike Davis out there. We’ve had success forcing the Bills to overcommit to the run and getting outlet receivers. Let’s just remove our RB from out of the backfield entirely.

But again, there’s no reason to put it there. Scoring 7 there doesn’t win the game. Had it been 20 seconds left in the game, going for 7 there is the right call. But 2 minutes left in the game? Absolute wrong call.

In the end of the day, it's a QB driven league. It's why they make by far the most money.

Ours didn't play well enough to win. It's as simple as that. We get good Lamar, we win this game by 2 scores. Hell, even average Lamar wins this game.

Argue about going for the TD vs the FG all you want, but there's one giant reason we lost this game and you can't ignore it.

He had a bad game, it happens.

Edited by M.10.E

18 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

STRONG disagree. They forced the early turnovers, and then our offense dominated TOP but as soon as our offense slipped just a little, they got taken behind the proverbial shed 4 of the last 5 drives of the game.

Dude, even dating back to last year the decisions were on-point and dudes didn't execute. Mark dropping a pass, Huntley making bad throws or missing wide open guys. Failing to execute does not mean the decision was wrong.

If we kick the FG and the Bills go down the field and score and win, do you feel better about it because "we took the free points"? Even after not taking the free points the defense still collapsed! The result was still the same. We still needed them to hold the Buffalo offense and they couldn't, so why are we pretending like if we kick a FG they would've?

Hard disagree? 

By my count our defense turned it over twice and had two red zone stops. Not to mention a 3 and out right after a turnover at midfield. Held them to 4-11 on third downs. They're the best 3rd down team in the NFL and also a top 5 offense. 

Our offense didn't score a point in the 2nd half.. 

• Like 1