Jaire BAMF Alexander

MacReady

I don't want to hear the "He shouldn't be saying that to the media" bull****.

We've given him top CB money. He has been here longer than anyone on defense other than Meek get curb stomped in the playoffs 5 times Clark and Dean Do Your Job Lowry.

He probably HAS said these things to Barry only to be ignored.
If he's saying this, it's because the entire defense is feeling it.

He's likely gone from his DB coach to assistant defensive coaches to Barry himself only to be ignored and overruled.

If it was one game, two games, 5 games you keep your mouth shut, but the scheme doesn't work and it won't work and it has made nobody quarterbacks look competent for two years running. We've got Alexander, Douglas, Amos and Stokes with a pass rush that includes Gary, Smith and Clark and we have one ****ing interception on the year.

And that was Jaire going all the way across the field to "**** you I'll do it myself."

When the same problems persist again and again and again, you can't keep doing the same thing. You can't keep going to the assistants, following the chain of command.

You need to speak up.

We always ask who is our leader, who steps up on defense. It's this man. This man right here.

This is a pivotal moment in Packer history. Rodgers and the team can't afford complacency and trusting the process. Serious changes need to be made, and they need to be made now.

This team needs a come to Jesus shout session.

A third string quarterback nearly beats the Packers vanilla defense, and a late pick rookie at that.

Follow that up with Daniel Jones looking like Tom Brady and puts together two 80 yard drives for touchdowns with Barkley out the majority of one of them.

And you're going to tell me and the Packer veteran defenders - the elite ones - that they need to shut up and express this behind closed doors when you all know they already have and nothing's been done to change it? The entire league knows what they have to do against Barry. It's why we have one interception against Zappe, Cousins, Brady with no receivers, Jones and Fields?

Are you kidding me?

Other than your apparent anger issues, this is spot on. Barry always comes up small in big moments. 

The way the Giants attacked us on 3rd and 4th and goal at the end of a game was a coach playing to win. Barry plays not to lose. It would be one thing if you are trying to cover for a lack of talent. This defense is STACKED with talent. 

There needs to be one big come to Jesus meeting with Barry and the players. If the players don't think Barry will listen or did listen, they need to elevate it to MLF, then Gute. 

Edited by Old Guy

Personally, I'd rather the defense go balls out blitzing the QB like crazy and playing straight man behind it than play soft as hell and allowing long, methodical drives that keeps them on the field and wears them down.  At least if you're attacking you have a chance to make a play.  Obviously the answer should be somewhere in the middle, but right now I'd rather have a raised from the dead Buddy Ryan blitzing 7-8 guys every play over what they're currently doing.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 2

Watched Dallas totally shut down the rams ! They play fast and aggressive ! With our current DC we will never know if this can be even a decent defence , so passive ! On paper it looks like we could have a top ten defense. With Rodgers declining play we need to unleash the athletes on d and get after the opposing QB like they do ours ! Fire Berry now !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Watched Dallas totally shut down the rams ! They play fast and aggressive ! With our current DC we will never know if this can be even a decent defence , so passive ! On paper it looks like we could have a top ten defense. With Rodgers declining play we need to unleash the athletes on d and get after the opposing QB like they do ours ! Fire Berry now !

Excuse me, you are not allowed to say those things

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Excuse me, you are not allowed to say those things

I know , I'm a big Rodgers fan , but he's not getting any younger . I just watched Jones do more with less . Rodgers needs more help now more than ever . we can't have a half where we get only three possessions again , we need to fix the oline . our coaches need to be able to adjust and right now they haven't show that they can ! Enough of this passive defense , we supposedly have a great secondary   well lets find out . Fire Berry now if he can't or won't change.

Just now, Maverick said:

Can the wiser minds chime in here? I thought the whole issue with Pettine was the defense was playing "too soft" - taking away the big plays, but allowing teams to dink and dunk them to death. Uh, what exactly is Barry doing differently? 

Nothing , which makes him a horrible hire. Its all on our head coach , beginning to think he can be bye bye with Berry.