Jaire BAMF Alexander

MacReady

25 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Watched Dallas totally shut down the rams ! They play fast and aggressive ! With our current DC we will never know if this can be even a decent defence , so passive ! On paper it looks like we could have a top ten defense. With Rodgers declining play we need to unleash the athletes on d and get after the opposing QB like they do ours ! Fire Berry now !

Quinn is a good coach. Barry should be on notice. Cracks are forming in that locker room. This can be a stifling defense. They are not built to play soft, and it's demoralizing to them to expect that.

(I don't agree that Rodgers is declining: where he has lost  in athletics, he has gained in smarts. But he has no time. I remember 2020 when he had forever on every throw.  We have the worst line issues twenty plus years. Let's see how that cleans up and develops.)

Edit: The Rams are done. They have (for now) much worse line problems than the Packers. I didn't think they would win their division at season's start. Now, I don't think they make the playoffs.

Edited by JaireAlex

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think there's a shot that Barry can adjust enough this year, I truly doubt he gets fired. Even though it would probably help the most, IMO.

Well, I hope so too.

OTOH they have a coach (or two) who can take over on the team now if indeed he does lose that locker room, at which point you kind of have to pull the plug. That's why MM got fired as I saw it. Just can't let that happen.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think there's a shot that Barry can adjust enough this year, I truly doubt he gets fired. Even though it would probably help the most, IMO.

MLF needs to be the main guy and tell him put up or get out. I hope we wont have to wait until Buffalo blows our doors off to have that moment. Changes need to be made, even if we can beat the Jets this way. This season needs to be about getting better and becoming the finished project that is ready to get over that hump in the playoffs. You see things coming a long on offense. Not so much defense. Adjustments need to be made now.

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

MLF needs to be the main guy and tell him put up or get out. I hope we wont have to wait until Buffalo blows our doors off to have that moment. Changes need to be made, even if we can beat the Jets this way. This season needs to be about getting better and becoming the finished project that is ready to get over that hump in the playoffs. You see things coming a long on offense. Not so much defense. Adjustments need to be made now.

You have to believe there's going to be talk.

I wonder if another big part of it the last two weeks and playing that way was just thinking that TOs are definitely coming, just ya know, bc. Possibly not a lot of respect for those two QBs? 

The **** part is, MLF shouldn't have to go tell his DC how to do his job.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Completely agree , can't let this go on too long . its obvious they Berry is more comfortable coaching this scheme and doesn't want to or can't adjust. Time for him to go before its to late and we are stuck with a soft loser mentality !

11 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

Quinn is a good coach. Barry should be on notice. Cracks are forming in that locker room. This can be a stifling defense. They are not built to play soft, and it's demoralizing to them to expect that.

Fully agree

11 minutes ago, JaireAlex said:

(I don't agree that Rodgers is declining: where he has lost  in athletics, he has gained in smarts. But he has no time. I remember 2020 when he had forever on every throw.  We have the worst line issues twenty plus years. Let's see how that cleans up and develops.)

Rodgers is smart.   He does get fooled by the defense a decent % as is evident on the 4th down on the next to last drive.   See below and fast forward to the 7:55 mark.  NYG is showing full blitz.  The left side is fine, the right side has 2 unaccounted for players.  The fake to Dillon removes him as a blocker for those right side players.   Watch Meyers, he blocks his man into the endzone. Jenkins also ends up past the LOS.   I think the correct read on that is giving it to Dillon and it looks like he has some options up the middle/left between Meyers and Runyan

• Like 1