Week 6 Thread: Commanders (1-4) at Bears (2-3) - Thursday on Prime Video. MikeT14 will be at the game!

MikeT14

9 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

The org has done fields no favors if we are being fair. Weapons suck. Line sucks. Drafted him into a situation where they knew they were going to get a new HC, and then stuck him with this lameo 

All fair. He also sucks. Very apparent last night. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Ugly win but let’s least be positive about the defensive line and st juice .

And the run game. If we run the ball more then do ply action off that run action then we probably have better chances of winning games & it keeps our D fresh.

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

And the run game. If we run the ball more then do ply action off that run action then we probably have better chances of winning games & it keeps our D fresh.

For sure … problem is turner doesn’t commit to it enough imo. Next game I wanna see the same thing , feed Gibson/ Rob and just limit wentz throws to 20-25xs a game .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Montes sweat is already 3 tackles Away from his total last season(24) and currently he has 21. 

also 2 sacks away from ( 5 ) last season.

That’s bc last year he broke his jaw during the Broncos game & missed a month or more & with his brothers death. I’m sure if Sweat had played 17 games last year he would’ve gotten near 10 sacks again like in 2020.

Hopefully he gets double digit sacks this year, he sure looks the part.

6 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

For what it’s worth per PFF we are the #1 pass rushing when not doing blitzes.

Yeah, our pass rush isn’t the problem. It wasn’t the problem last year either, it’s our back 7 that’s the problem. We have 3 good young DBs, our vets have played poorly this year & our LBs are average at best in coverage too, especially Holcomb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s bc last year he broke his jaw during the Broncos game & missed a month or more & with his brothers death. I’m sure if Sweat had played 17 games last year he would’ve gotten near 10 sacks again like in 2020.

Hopefully he gets double digit sacks this year, he sure looks the part.

He had 10 games last year

he already has this in 6 tho 

he’s going have a career year and come back 

11 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Montes sweat is already 3 tackles Away from his total last season(24) and currently he has 21. 

also 2 sacks away from ( 5 ) last season.

I just think last season was a total outlier for this DL. Something however has happened . Either JDR is just letting the DL play and staying out of it or Mills was a serious problem. Daron Payne is dominant this year. Monster. Montez Sweat has been unblockable for most of the year and he’s finally getting home. Allen is Allen. Hell, even Obada is crazy. If Chase Young comes back and makes no impact or just can’t get to the QB then it’s Chase Young and not the coaching. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just think last season was a total outlier for this DL. Something however has happened . Either JDR is just letting the DL play and staying out of it or Mills was a serious problem. Daron Payne is dominant this year. Monster. Montez Sweat has been unblockable for most of the year and he’s finally getting home. Allen is Allen. Hell, even Obada is crazy. If Chase Young comes back and makes no impact or just can’t get to the QB then it’s Chase Young and not the coaching. 

I agree 

I’ll give Ron Rivera credit for firing the previous defensive line coach. Kerrigan also being part of the staff was a good move etc. 

• Like 2