State of the Steelers

warfelg

1 minute ago, August4th said:

browns just traded for moore. traded their 2nd for moore and jets 3rd. they were rumored to be going after jeudy. How would you guys feel if we got in on jeudy?

I really like Jerry Jeudy. I don't know much about how he's been in Denver, but I liked him a lot coming out. I see him as Diontae with better speed. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

browns just traded for moore. traded their 2nd for moore and jets 3rd. they were rumored to be going after jeudy. How would you guys feel if we got in on jeudy?

Price tag is too high. They are looking for a 1st. I probably wouldn’t do it for #32 either. He’s had constant nagging injuries and some drop issues since entering the league. I honestly don’t think he’s currently a better player than DJ.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I really like Jerry Jeudy. I don't know much about how he's been in Denver, but I liked him a lot coming out. I see him as Diontae with better speed. 

had neatly 1,000 yards in 15 games playing in that terrible den offense last yr. wonder why he's on the block tho

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Price tag is too high. They are looking for a 1st. I probably wouldn’t do it for #32 either. He’s had constant nagging injuries and some drop issues since entering the league. I honestly don’t think he’s currently a better player than DJ.

ok

I might consider 32 if a pick was coming back. similar to what NYJ/cle just did for moore

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

ok

I might consider 32 if a pick was coming back. similar to what NYJ/cle just did for moore

Yea, I mean I like him a lot but again just a little too redundant to Diontae. If he had more than 2 years left on his rookie deal and he was our built in transition from DJ I would be on board, but he’s due for a pay day similar to DJ in 2025. Would rather just take JSN at 17 or Addison at 32/49 and have them on a rookie contract for 4/5 years. 

As to why he’s on the block my best guess is Denver is transitioning to be a heavy running team next year and they also want to recoup some draft capital from the Russ Wilson trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yea, I mean I like him a lot but again just a little too redundant to Diontae. If he had more than 2 years left on his rookie deal and he was our built in transition from DJ I would be on board, but he’s due for a pay day similar to DJ in 2025. Would rather just take JSN at 17 or Addison at 32/49 and have them on a rookie contract for 4/5 years. 

As to why he’s on the block my best guess is Denver is transitioning to be a heavy running team next year and they also want to recoup some draft capital from the Russ Wilson trade.

a lot this makes since. the timing might not be right for us

I can def see Den embracing becoming a running team. I believe that's what the saints did when brees started to fall off. imagine that's payton's vision to save wilson career and that situation.

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I don't mind Edmunds not coming back, but it does really make me wish we did more at slot CB/SS. 

It’s why I think Branch is a possibility, we’ll know more if Kahnlin go to Bama’s pro day today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I don't mind Edmunds not coming back, but it does really make me wish we did more at slot CB/SS. 

There are still some possibilities out there. Plus, as @AFF mentioned, Branch would look pretty good in black and gold. We could still bring in Rock Ya-Sin and shift Pat Pete to a more rover type. I believe Taylor Rapp and Adrian Amos are still available as well.