State of the Steelers

warfelg

tired of cliche's and quotes. Just make the team legit and solid week in and week out. If Moore plays well, then stay with him. Depth at OT is lacking currently and I hope they don't ignore this.  This FO seems more intent on the trenches unlike in previous years

• Like 1

So this thread sure evolved as the season went on and the Steelers finished 9-8 and with a few bounces would have made the playoffs in their first year w/ Kenny at QB.

I think they’re actually in a decent position after the 1st & 2nd waves of free agency. 

When I look at the roster, I’d like to see a CB, OT & SS added in no particular order with their first 3 picks. They also should draft a WR, interior DL & OL depth & both ILB & OLB depth.

All in all, their young rookies broke out & they look like they have a bright future & will be back to being a perennial playoff team/SB contender w/in a few years once Pickett develops more & they solidify their OL & CB positions.

Edited by turtle28

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So this thread sure evolved as the season went on and the Steelers finished 9-8 and with a few bounces would have made the playoffs in their first year w/ Kenny at QB.

I think they’re actually in a decent position after the 1st & 2nd waves of free agency. 

When I look at the roster, I’d like to see a CB, OT & SS added in no particular order with their first 3 picks. They also should draft a WR, interior DL & OL depth & both ILB & OLB depth.

All in all, their young rookies broke out & they look like they have a bright future & will be back to being a perennial playoff team/SB contender w/in a few years once Pickett develops more & they solidify their OL & CB positions.

in agreement with this,  but they are a ways from being legit  threat to KC as it is. See how the draft and rest of the offseason goes and then how the team stays healthy.  It shoul dbe a fun season anyways, other than canada if he ruins it which is the odds on favorite to do

20 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

in agreement with this,  but they are a ways from being legit  threat to KC as it is. See how the draft and rest of the offseason goes and then how the team stays healthy.  It shoul dbe a fun season anyways, other than canada if he ruins it which is the odds on favorite to do

Well it’s true that they are a ways away from being a threat to KC, most teams are. The only way they get to be a threat to KC like Cincy & Buffalo are is if Kenny makes a huge leap over the next two years to be a definite top 10 QB, arguably top 5 QB.

A guy in the Commanders forum who I really trust a lot as a talent evaluator & was actually thinking of pursing a career as a scout but ended up becoming a lawyer was way out in front on Kenny in 2020 & 2021. The guy is E16ball and he’s a Commanders fan. He comped Kenny to Joe Burrow. I was more of a Sam Howell & Matt Corrall guy but again, I trusted E’s evaluation as he’s been so right about so many players over the last 15 years for ex. he wanted Washington to take Jordy Nelson over Devin Thomas in 2008 & I loved Thomas but I was dead wrong. He also was so right about Terry Smith.

Anyway, he was right about Pickett I think. I don’t know that Pickett has the ceiling that Burrow has - IMO he doesn’t - but Kenny has a high floor. If he can turn into a little bit lesser version of Burrow then the Steelers will eventually be a SB contender again.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

👍🏻

Variety is the spice of life, so I am sure we will see that too. But I also think this is part of why Kazee was prioritized over Edmunds. There is a second safety they can trust playing 2 high more. 

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Variety is the spice of life, so I am sure we will see that too. But I also think this is part of why Kazee was prioritized over Edmunds. There is a second safety they can trust playing 2 high more. 

Kazee is JAG

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Kazee is JAG

That's fine. He is still a coverage focused safety who can play 2 high. One of the reasons Sutton inverted as much as he was is because Edmunds was the second safety. I'd be willing to bet with someone more adept to cover a half they would likely do that less. Lots of risk inverting to 2.