State of the Steelers

warfelg

5 minutes ago, AFF said:

Supposedly Steelers only paying $5 mill or less on this years cap hit..:still softens the blow but I don’t see the point even though he did play some slot last year if I remember correctly.

I think you have it backwards. Rams are paying 5 and we are on the hook for 10. That’s what makes me think we might be the ones getting a late pick back.

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

I think you have it backwards. Rams are paying 5 and we are on the hook for 10. That’s what makes me think we might be the ones getting a late pick back.

Rams already paid a roster bonus of $5 mill a few weeks ago…he has $10 mill base salary this year, I read that Steelers only paying $5 mill or less of that base salary.

• Like 1

Allen Robinson for Diontae Johnson (indirectly) is not a good trade.... I can't see this leading to that so it's likely they are both on the same roster (or at least should be). 

I don't really get this one. Allen Robinson is 3 years removed from his last good season. Has struggled with athleticism decline and just had season-ending foot surgery. He is (was?) better against man than zone and will likely need to play more slot now. 

We gained a body, but I don't know what his presence changes? Can't cut Gunnar because of it unless Calvin is fully trusted as the return guy. Doesn't fit the Matt Canada style slot (blocker/jets). 

I get the mentor aspect, but feels like you could accomplish that at a lesser cost. Guess we wait to see what the compensation is. 

• Like 1

I hope Mitch is in the trade but doubt it. Probably a late round pick and definitely not a high profile player because that would be big news and known.

Still get a WR  later on like BFW, Mingo or Wilson depending where he falls  especially for next year if dionte is traded. 

what is Robinsons 24 and 25 cap hit? I see orange typeset on spotrac , whats that ?

On 4/15/2023 at 8:34 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

I’d be happy with him. If we can come away with Dawand Jones and Joe Tippman in this draft our offense will be mauling defenses next year. 

what about Avila since he could play OG if required?  Trade dotson (rams?) and draft Jones, Avila and Stromberg or other C (Tippmann, Oluwatimi, Patterson never allowed a sack in 4 years)  or a few others are good. Deep draft for C, a good time to get one. 

Trading DJ does not make sense at this point unless some team is overpaying…probably a 2nd or early 3rd.

Robinson can man the slot til Austin ready, provide depth on the outside and mentor Pickens and Austin.

https://youtu.be/szoefcJGln8

One area A Rob is still elite in is 50/50 jump balls and back shoulder throws. He can absolutely still be a weapon for KP in the red zone. 

Maybe they are looking at Robinson to be the Chase Claypool replacement, without the ability to do the jet sweep stuff. I kind of like it a little more when I think of it that way.

Edited by bigben07MVP

23 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

what about Avila since he could play OG if required?  Trade dotson (rams?) and draft Jones, Avila and Stromberg or other C (Tippmann, Oluwatimi, Patterson never allowed a sack in 4 years)  or a few others are good. Deep draft for C, a good time to get one. 

I think that's too much draft capital spent on the interior OL. Tippmann and Avila are redundant.