State of the Steelers

warfelg

16 minutes ago, AFF said:

Totally forgot about Dotson TBH…maybe a TC injury to a contending teams OG might present itself.

I really hope that happens so that some team throws us a draft pick because they need a body who can start, but I think he may end up being cut if not anyway. Tough to give a guy a raise and demote him two spots at the same time. 

20 minutes ago, AFF said:

I just think this is another “transition” year…I’d be prepping the team to make a huge push starting in 2024

Totally agree. Last year was about raising the floor, this year is where you start to raise the ceiling -- next year you aim to smash it. 

Feels a lot like the 2021 Eagles team. Second year QB. Team has a lot of boxes checked but not a lot of guys who dunk on people. They go 9-8, get crushed in the playoffs, but go out and get those dudes - Reddick, Gardner-Johnson, AJ Brown, and James Bradberry. 

Biggest change will be that they took their first year OC and expanded on what he did in the following year and we might be installing a new offense under a new OC. 

Still hoping the bottom falls out on the Vikings so that your Justin Jefferson dream can be a real possibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Well the QB room is set. I'm glad they lowered Mitch's hit. There are definitely worse backups than Mitch and Mason. 

but does the cap hit in future years become higher than would be expected? I don't like this at all, but will have to learn to live with it.  He was good in a back up role, but as a starter had issues, but lets not blame him entirely. Remember the canada effect was real for the first half of the season. 

The FO seems intent on clearing cap space for some reason for the 23 season. I thought the roster was set and the UFA signings were done. .  Maybe Khan isn't done just yet?  We expect Edge, but could he  trade for a high priced playr?

3 hours ago, AFF said:

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Been calling this one for a while. Mitch makes all the sense in the world as a long term QB2 but his cap hit never made sense.

We’ve seen what Mitch can do coming off the bench when all the pressure of being the starting QB is off his shoulders. Great team guy and I think him and KP get a long really well.

27 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Doing some money clearing feels like Khan has something up his sleeve.

The Mitch extension alone doesn’t make me feel like there’s something brewing. But when you combine that with cutting both Maulet and Witherspoon all in the same week…that has me intrigued.

Then again, it could just be Highsmith’s extension right around the corner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Doing some money clearing feels like Khan has something up his sleeve.

this is what I was thinking, but as mentioned later here, it could be the Highsmith deal, which is a great move.  But won't his new deal go  on next years cap, and the remainder of current deal is on the books for 23 season? Maybe a big signing or trade is on it's way :ph34r: