State of the Steelers

warfelg

On 12/14/2023 at 1:37 PM, BStanRamFan said:

Quick question Steelers fans, does Joey Porter Jr trail the opposing teams WR1 or does he stick strictly to one side?

Assuming he gets Pittman this week, but wanted to confirm.

good luck with your fantasy team  this week -_-

porter has been good 

Edited by 3rivers

5 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/steelernation/status/1735810578600374652?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

Sure is a shame that Mike made this dude switch positions and then put him in his dog house for years after he showed crazy potential as a rookie.

Kendal Green was doing good prior to injury too.  Maybe we will be able to trade cole and chuks since it seems whoever the OL is that we trade do play good for the new teams they go to for some reason -_-

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

They are playing Green at OG so he is doing better.  They are playing Dotson at RG rather than LG so he is doing better.

we don't play players where they can do better. 

GP can only be allowed to  run  at max 5 yard routes,  never allow KP to use the centre of the field (other than bengals game for some reason) . 

will the tradition of drafting OL for the wrong spot on the OL continue? wait and see, because we need a OT preferable they can play both LT and RT since Moore is only a reserve LT.  We need a legit C, not a convert  either.

On 12/16/2023 at 8:51 AM, jebrick said:

They are playing Green at OG so he is doing better.  They are playing Dotson at RG rather than LG so he is doing better.

I'm ready to duck tomato's so to speak here:

He's good there because RG is the easiest OL position to play.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I'm ready to duck tomato's so to speak here:

He's good there because RG is the easiest OL position to play.

I think the point is that the OLinemen are doing well in other positions that the Steelers wanted them.  I realize that that the Steelers love position flexibility and neither Green or Dotson were flexible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I think the point is that the OLinemen are doing well in other positions that the Steelers wanted them.  I realize that that the Steelers love position flexibility and neither Green or Dotson were flexible.

I’m willing to be tougher on them with Dotson than Green. After taking Green off C he failed to beat out Dotson at his “weak” spot. 

11 hours ago, jebrick said:

will this regime continue this tradition of getting/wasting players because they aren't playing the position they are suited for?

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

This may sound harsh but I would rather him play and put more bad tape out there so we are more inclined to find a replacement in the offseason. 

I actually think it would help him come back as starter next year…not due to performance but then the excuse of “he came back too early from injury” can be used.

I still think he’s their guy for next year(not saying I agree with it).

1 minute ago, AFF said:

I actually think it would help him come back as starter next year…not due to performance but then the excuse of “he came back too early from injury” can be used.

I still think he’s their guy for next year(not saying I agree with it).

I think we will do something stupid like bring him back and replace Trubisky with Jacoby Brissett or Baker Mayfield. Moves that will keep us in a never ending state of mediocrity 

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think we will do something stupid like bring him back and replace Trubisky with Jacoby Brissett or Baker Mayfield. Moves that will keep us in a never ending state of mediocrity 

Yes I don’t think they’re going to trade up and draft a guy.

I think theyll build up the OL some more, add another weapon or 2 depending on if they trade DJ and give Him another go with a new OC.

Baker has had a decent season but he maxes out as an averageish QB.

The most I can see them doing is trading for Fields.

• Like 1