State of the Steelers

warfelg

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

We never pick high enough to get a blue chip QB talent.

Even in 2004 we didn't pick high enough...we just got lucky.

And the chances of finding a franchise guy outside of the top 5 to 10 is slim.

we're due a terrible yr. it's going to happen lol just hope its a yr where the draft has a good QB class or else we're gonna have to trade the house to get in that position.

Edited by August4th

1 hour ago, August4th said:

we're due a terrible yr. it's going to happen lol just hope its a yr where the draft has a good QB class or else we're gonna have to trade the house to get in that position.

We've be "due" for awhile.

• Like 1

If the Cowboys fire their entire staff, I would be interesting in seeing Brian Schottenheimer come interview for the OC position.  He was with Seattle in 21-22 as the OC and with Dallas this year as the OC despite the fact McCarthy was the play caller.

Just now, August4th said:

when can we expect news on a Tomlin extension or resignation? today? 

If he’s walking away I would expect it to take a week at least. If it’s an extension it will take about a month.

24 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I wouldn’t hate that at all. He’s a little old school but certainly the “adult” in the room that we desperately need. What he did with the Cowboys offense this season without Kellen Moore was impressive. 

And although Dak had a couple of back breaking interceptions, I put that embarrassment against the Packers more on the defense than offense.

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I wouldn’t hate that at all. He’s a little old school but certainly the “adult” in the room that we desperately need. What he did with the Cowboys offense this season without Kellen Moore was impressive. 

And although Dak had a couple of back breaking interceptions, I put that embarrassment against the Packers more on the defense than offense.

Yea. I wouldn’t love it but I wouldn’t hate it. It would give me the same feeling as Haley. A former HC who’s designed offenses who you can let run the offense with check ins rather than oversight and input. 

• Like 1