State of the Steelers

warfelg

Robinson and Peterson should be next and they should be easy calls.

Id consider Ogunjobi but I don’t think they Steelers will do anything due Heyward age and lack of options behind them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Robinson?  By the time you do the Rule of 51 displacement it saves you nothing.

Allen Robinson, saves you quite a bit. I did see you say you were thinking of someone else. I personally wouldn't cut Roberts.

Edited by VigilantZombie

48 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Just get this guy an average QB! I don't care who I just want him to throw it to George Pickens!!

#1 WRs tend to do well in Smiths offense. As long as that’s his billing he’ll do good. I think he’s got some AJ Brown in him. I also anticipate Washington to have a decent year. 

Personally, I know how good Muth can be, but he’s not a great blocker and in Smiths offense you have to block as a TE. It’s why Jonnu Smith got so many looks in ATL and Pitts was basically a big slot. So I would not be opposed to moving Muth to someone for a mid round pick and taking in a better blocking TE. 

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

*Emperor Palpatine menacing voice….”good….good”

Would you do DJ and a third? Probably…but would you do DJ and a second? I’d do DJ and a second for Jefferson and a 5th, maybe. That wouldn’t get him…lol.

15 minutes ago, rlon said:

Would you do DJ and a third? Probably…but would you do DJ and a second? I’d do DJ and a second for Jefferson and a 5th, maybe. That wouldn’t get him…lol.

Hill went for 5 picks 2 years ago…2022 1/2/4 and 2023 4/6 and was 26 or 27 at the time.

Jefferson just turned 24 and while I think the Dolphins overpayed pick wise, I would assume Jefferson would cost roughly the same.

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

Hill went for 5 picks 2 years ago…2022 1/2/4 and 2023 4/6 and was 26 or 27 at the time.

Jefferson just turned 24 and while I think the Dolphins overpayed pick wise, I would assume Jefferson would cost roughly the same.

I was gonna say DJ and 2 1sts. DJ worth at least those 2 4ths and 6th. 

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I was gonna say DJ and 2 1sts. DJ worth at least those 2 4ths and 6th. 

My initial thought was a 1st and 2nd this year along with a 2nd or 3rd next year.

Then you probably give him something like 5/$175 mill.

I know it’s 99% chance of not happening but I’m currently in the denial stage

• Like 2

Hard pass on Jeffereson.

Not that it has any chance of happening, but it makes literally zero sense for us to do that given how much he will cost both in terms of trade capital and cap space and the current condition of this team.

Beyond that, if you WERE to trade for Jefferson, you should just include Pickens in on that trade.    The guy would not take kindly to the Steelers shelling out huge resources for a number 1 WR, when he is trying to reach that level.    Best case (and most unlikely) scenario, he and Jefferson would be a pretty lethal duo, but he would ultimately leave in free agency to be the "star" on some team.    Worst case....he is a major headache and distraction after we acquired JJ and would either be traded the following year for less than he is worth because of bad behavior ala Martavis Bryant and Antonio Brown.

Thanks, but I will keep Pickens, DJ  our cap space and picks and build this team as opposed to trading for a guy who wouldnt make us much better considering we dont have a decent QB to get him the ball, and what we would have to give up for JJ would make it even more difficult to get one until at least 2026.

Jefferson would make sense if this roster was much better overall and we thought Kenny just needed that type of player to help him break out.....but alas, neither of these are the case.      Our roster is middling and Pickett wont even get the 5th year option.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rlon said:

Try DJ and 2 1sts to get the Vikings to even start listening.

JJ is one of my favorite non-Steelers in the league but @43M is right. Without a QB. investing multiple firsts and dishing out a mountain sized contract to him makes 0 sense until the QB situation is figured out.

A trade to the Chargers would be fun…I would do Mike Williams (who could be a cap casualty anyways) or Quentin Johnson and pick #5 for Justin Jefferson. 

Texans and Jags are two other teams who should be calling the Vikings if this is true (I doubt it is).