State of the Steelers

warfelg

3 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Try DJ and 2 1sts to get the Vikings to even start listening.

JJ is one of my favorite non-Steelers in the league but @43M is right. Without a QB. investing multiple firsts and dishing out a mountain sized contract to him makes 0 sense until the QB situation is figured out.

A trade to the Chargers would be fun…I would do Mike Williams (who could be a cap casualty anyways) or Quentin Johnson and pick #5 for Justin Jefferson. 

Texans and Jags are two other teams who should be calling the Vikings if this is true (I doubt it is).

Colts should call and offer 2 1sts, 2 3rds. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Colts should call and offer 2 1sts, 2 3rds. 

I thought about adding the Colts to that list but they could just bring Pittman back and I love AR15 but is he the type of QB that would really maximize having a WR like Jefferson? Not a bad call though.

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I thought about adding the Colts to that list but they could just bring Pittman back and I love AR15 but is he the type of QB that would really maximize having a WR like Jefferson? Not a bad call though.

I think they should do both. They are likely to take Bowers so Bowers/1st/2role players or Jefferson? I take JJ to be honest, because every time we get the “next best” as a flex TE they almost never breakout. 

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

*Marginal upgrade from Kenny Pickett*

Nah. Let's be real fellas/ladies. Adding a QB like Justin Fields makes our offense way more dangerous and way more explosive. The threat of Fields running with the ball causes LBs to hesitate rather than attacking downhill aggressively. Prime example was Patrick Mahomes on that Option when Bosa crashed down hard for the RB. PS: Patrick Mahomes is the pinnacle of a dual threat QB but the media won't say that.

In the passing game, some defenses would be harder to run vs us because of the threat of Fields scrambling ability. The league wants dual threat QBs because they are the equalizer vs a great defenseive scheme. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Nah. Let's be real fellas/ladies. Adding a QB like Justin Fields makes our offense way more dangerous and way more explosive. The threat of Fields running with the ball causes LBs to hesitate rather than attacking downhill aggressively. Prime example was Patrick Mahomes on that Option when Bosa crashed down hard for the RB. PS: Patrick Mahomes is the pinnacle of a dual threat QB but the media won't say that.

In the passing game, some defenses would be harder to run vs us because of the threat of Fields scrambling ability. The league wants dual threat QBs because they are the equalizer vs a great defenseive scheme. 

Just so we’re clear my comment was in jest 😁 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Not sure.  Jefferson gets open.  Pittman is a contested ball catcher.

10 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Try DJ and 2 1sts to get the Vikings to even start listening.

JJ is one of my favorite non-Steelers in the league but @43M is right. Without a QB. investing multiple firsts and dishing out a mountain sized contract to him makes 0 sense until the QB situation is figured out.

A trade to the Chargers would be fun…I would do Mike Williams (who could be a cap casualty anyways) or Quentin Johnson and pick #5 for Justin Jefferson. 

Texans and Jags are two other teams who should be calling the Vikings if this is true (I doubt it is).

Point is it’s not f-ing worth it beyond what I suggest and will never happen for us, nor should it

Edited by rlon

22 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

What was said? It had limited views and was unavailable.

Dulac said the Steelers already have their starting LT and RT on Moore and Jones respectively and aren’t in the tackle market. 

• Like 1