State of the Steelers

warfelg

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

Legal troubles? Byard has much left in the tank. I think he was more salary cap than performance.

From an Eagles fans perspective he was quite bad. Jackson had an arrest warrant out for failing to pay fines during the season and it’s part of the reason he couldn’t report to NE right away.  Additionally, I think it’s always telling when teams with cap space let someone go and NE has huge amounts even if they kept him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I was going to come in here to say, that’s the target right there.

Pretty sure they brought him in for a pre draft visit when he was coming into thr NFL…the Steelers like Coming back to those guys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I remember Jerome Baker visits, but how good is he now as a pro?

He’s really good. Big leader of the Dolphins D. Is a warrior, played through several serious injuries last season and still played at a high level. He’s exactly what has been missing from our LB room.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

He’s really good. Big leader of the Dolphins D. Is a warrior, played through several serious injuries last season and still played at a high level. He’s exactly what has been missing from our LB room.

And this year he had a big-ish cap hit from the last year of a 3 year deal and even after his release and Howard’s release Miami is 15MM over the cap. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we signed two ILBs. We did it last year. We'll need a replacement for Alexander and Holcomb. Roberts is a good guy to have, but he worked a lot better in a rotation. I'd love to bring in Baker and Drue Tranquill. 

43 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

100% expect us to go after him and have a very good chance of landing him. Tomlin very much liked/likes Baker. 

If there was one guy in the league that I would say Tomlin would be interested in at a reasonable price my bet would be on him. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

That alone is something we need.