State of the Steelers

warfelg

5 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Allen Robinson released

Good…even at the reduced salary he is upgradable so to speak. He started to show up when Mason was in, but he was nearly invisible most of last year, terrible offense and all taken into account. Current depth chart = Pickens, Johnson, Austin, Mims, and  Fitzpatrick(?). Definitely need a solid draft pick here, two if Johnson leaves, but maybe Robinson eventually comes back at the minimum.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

does that Fraizer kid from WVU need some developing? I can see the plan in signing Morse to start 24 while Frazier leans on him and prepares to take over in 25

Sounds like a perfect plan to me. 

Steelers must be at like 15 mill in dead cap money by now. That used to be a big no no for the Rooneys as a recall, inevitable in the current NFL. Steelers may very well end up in a very favorable cap situation in 2025. Hopefully, the development to the point that they only need a couple more pieces then.

38 minutes ago, rlon said:

Steelers must be at like 15 mill in dead cap money by now. That used to be a big no no for the Rooneys as a recall, inevitable in the current NFL. Steelers may very well end up in a very favorable cap situation in 2025. Hopefully, the development to the point that they only need a couple more pieces then.

They save on cash flow which is really different from cap and far more important. 

54 minutes ago, warfelg said:

They save on cash flow which is really different from cap and far more important. 

Really? They save on cash flow if they cut salaries? Who’d have thunk it…

Hopefully they get whatever they’re going to do with Heyward done soon.

Thats a lot of $$$ sitting there.

I’m assuming they’ll do the Highsmith restructure for their usual in season cap room of $6 mill Or so sometime in the summer.

10 minutes ago, AFF said:

Hopefully they get whatever they’re going to do with Heyward done soon.

Thats a lot of $$$ sitting there.

I’m assuming they’ll do the Highsmith restructure for their usual in season cap room of $6 mill Or so sometime in the summer.

They will either extend him a year or let him play it out.  My guess is the later

12 hours ago, jebrick said:

They will either extend him a year or let him play it out.  My guess is the later

Yea we know where I stand.

I honestly think they give him a fake “extension” for 1-2 years and shave some $$$ off the cap.

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Yea we know where I stand.

I honestly think they give him a fake “extension” for 1-2 years and shave some $$$ off the cap.

I think this is exactly what is going to happen. And, Highsmith is the prime candidate for a restructure to save cap space and put more money in his pocket now. I don’t know who would be next in line after those two, as I don‘t believe it is as desirable/worth it to do with other players. 

LAC for 69 and 139. First off don’t want to help KC. Second off 69…nice. Third off for LAC this let’s them take Brock Bowers and an Allen, DJ, Bowers passing attack is amazing.