State of the Steelers

warfelg

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I certainly think it’s in play. 

I don’t understand why they didn’t bring Mason back if they knew they were trading Kenny.

From the sounds of it they didn’t know they were going to lol. 

Wow!  Honestly, though, I don't blame Pickett EDIT: FOR BEING UPSET (just to be clear on what I meant).

Two weeks ago, they had full confidence in him being our starter...then they sign Russell Wilson out of the blue.  I can see why he'd feel as if the communication was, ermm, confusing.

I wish him the best of luck in Philly, but now, they almost have to trade a 4th for Fields, yeah??

Edited by Ward4HOF

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

Wow!  Honestly, though, I don't blame Pickett.  Two weeks ago, they had full confidence in him being our starter...then they sign Russell Wilson out of the blue.  I can see why he'd feel as if the communication was, ermm, confusing.

I wish him the best of luck in Philly, but now, they almost have to trade a 4th for Fields, yeah??

They said it would be a competition all offseason. So he’s being a baby by whining about it. 

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

They said it would be a competition all offseason. So he’s being a baby by whining about it. 

They also said they had full confidence him in as a starter...I'm just saying, I can see how he'd feel the language/communication was confusing.

I'm not upset by the move; and I agree, he's being a bit of a baby about it...BUT...I can still see why he wouldn't be happy.  He should have faith in himself to believe he could eventually beat out Wilson, or at least learn a thing or two from him...now he goes to be a definite #2--no question, like, at all... 

Edited by Ward4HOF

2 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

They also said they had full confidence him in as a starter...I'm just saying, I can see how he'd feel the language/communication was confusing.

That's how FO's talk. I'm sure they would have confidence in him as the starter if he won the job. Saying you have confidence in someone starting doesn't mean he was going to have the job handed to him. Every member of the FO and Tomlin said they were bringing in competition and Kenny wasn't getting the job handed to him.

• Like 2

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

That's how FO's talk. I'm sure they would have confidence in him as the starter if he won the job. Saying you have confidence in someone starting doesn't mean he was going to have the job handed to him. Every member of the FO and Tomlin said they were bringing in competition and Kenny wasn't getting the job handed to him.

Yup. Communication was clear IMO. We have confidence you can win the job. We have full faith in you should you win. But you need someone who will challenge is because you haven’t shown it’s your job unquestioned. 

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We all, as fans, can say that, but tell me, you are a 1st Rd pick, 25 YO QB, who was unquestionably the starter, played a great game after the OC is fired...first and only 400yd output, in what, 2 years.  Then gets injured, then doesn't get his job back when he's healthy, and then is told, he will have to fight for his starting QB position, before even given a chance to show how he might do in a different offense, while also being told, they have faith in him as a starter, then, out of nowhere, sign Russell Wilson.

I am just saying, I can see how he would be upset, BUT, I also feel he's handled it poorly, and has now, just put himself in an even worse situation.  Just because we all know that communications during this time period are filled with smokescreens, doesn't mean a 25 YO believes he's been given a fair shot, is all.

I simply stated, I can understand how he'd be upset; let's not turn this into a debate as to whether I feel it was the right decision, etc.  That's not what I am saying...I'm just saying...I feel for the guy.  It's unfortunate he didn't think through the situation a bit, before getting all huffy and puffy.

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

We all, as fans, can say that, but tell me, you are a 1st Rd pick, 25 YO QB, who was unquestionably the starter, played a great game after the OC is fired...first and only 400yd output, in what, 2 years.  Then gets injured, then doesn't get his job back when he's healthy, and then is told, he will have to fight for his starting QB position, before even given a chance to show how he might do in a different offense, while also being told, they have faith in him as a starter, then, out of nowhere, sign Russell Wilson.

I am just saying, I can see how he would be upset, BUT, I also feel he's handled it poorly, and has now, just put himself in an even worse situation.  Just because we all know that communications during this time period are filled with smokescreens, doesn't mean a 25 YO believes he's been given a fair shot, is all.

I simply stated, I can understand how he'd be upset; let's not turn this into a debate as to whether I feel it was the right decision, etc.  That's not what I am saying...I'm just saying...I feel for the guy.  It's unfortunate he didn't think through the situation a bit, before getting all huffy and puffy.

I see where you're coming from. I just don't feel like he had earned the right to be the starter. He's played 1 good game in two years, and was thoroughly outplayed by someone we all have agreed long ago wasn't good enough to be a starter. I'm sure Kenny was upset, you're right. I agree with you that he didn't handle it well. I really don't think the FO/Coaching staff had given up on him. If the reports are right about him refusing to dress are right, then he has some serious growing up to do. 

• Like 3