State of the Steelers

warfelg

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

whats the next trade, perhaps Sneed ;)

I've read the Colts are close to making that trade...so...no.  I'll take Gallup, or Boyd, please.  We still need WRs...and Connor Williams after his physical on Wednesday...

4 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

I've read the Colts are close to making that trade...so...no.  I'll take Gallup, or Boyd, please.  We still need WRs...and Connor Williams after his physical on Wednesday...

didn't williams tear his ACL?

He was playing really good no doubt prior to injury,  if they sign him , then it will be RT in RD1 or so I hope .  

Just now, 3rivers said:

didn't williams tear his ACL?

He was playing really good no doubt prior to injury,  if they sign him , then it will be RT in RD1 or so I hope .  

Yeah, but he should be able to return by mid-season, at the latest, if he heals properly, with no setbacks.  We have enough OC talent on the roster to suffice in the short run.

7 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Yeah, but he should be able to return by mid-season, at the latest, if he heals properly, with no setbacks.  We have enough OC talent on the roster to suffice in the short run.

In Week 3 against the Denver Broncos, Williams suffered a groin injury.[18] He was marked inactive the following Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, with Liam Eichenberg named starter instead. He suffered a season ending ACL tear in Week 14 against the Titans and was placed on injured reserve on December 13, 2023.[19]

How about drafting a Center in RD2 anyways  and Williams can be the swing OG/C later once healthy? No need to rush him back and then they are set on the interior now and if they let Daniels walk next year.  I would expect Williams to be costly, probably a reason he can't be a reserve and the knee injury and other injuries  is another reason the signing won't happen.

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

In Week 3 against the Denver Broncos, Williams suffered a groin injury.[18] He was marked inactive the following Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, with Liam Eichenberg named starter instead. He suffered a season ending ACL tear in Week 14 against the Titans and was placed on injured reserve on December 13, 2023.[19]

Correct.  ACL's are able to be come back from in 10 months time...is typically a shorter recovery than an achilles.  I tore my R ACL, in my mid-30s, was not an athlete, and was back to normal in 6 months.  Again, I was not an athlete, so it was easier for me, in that regard, but I didn't have a full-time training staff to work on me, either, so...

I'm sure they will make the right choice.  Yes, Williams will be expensive, so good chance we don't sign him, but man, he had something like a 93% win rate when pass blocking last year--he's good.

11 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

I'm sure they will make the right choice.  Yes, Williams will be expensive, so good chance we don't sign him, but man, he had something like a 93% win rate when pass blocking last year--he's good.

He might not be that expensive. I bet he signs a fairly short, fairly cheap, prove it deal.

56 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

good points and quite the ACL insight you have. Nice to know your healed well. I tend to remember the players that re-injured their ACL's and it is a concern IMO. 

45 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He might not be that expensive. I bet he signs a fairly short, fairly cheap, prove it deal.

1 year deal or 2 year deal? what is 'cheap' deal amount?

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

I just do not want to spend draft capitol and $25M for a QB to sit on the bench

For a 2025 6th I can almost guarantee that the 5th year option will not be picked up. Like I said, bring him in for nothing and have him be QB2 behind Russ for a year and see what happens.

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

For a 2025 6th I can almost guarantee that the 5th year option will not be picked up. Like I said, bring him in for nothing and have him be QB2 behind Russ for a year and see what happens.

but if wilson does well and wants a few more years, then what happens to Fields? Do they trade him? No way they pick up the 5th year option if he is QB2. 

Supposedly, (former Steelers scout Matt Williamson) we are targeting 3 solid WRs: Stefon Diggs, Deebo Samuels, and Brandon Aiyuk. 

Aiyuk is 26 years old and is a tremendous route runner. His blocking ability is almost Hines Ward's level. He's the one I want the most out of those three,

• Like 2