State of the Steelers

warfelg

I think we’re heavily trending to a trade down in the 1st round.  I’ve heard something about the face that some of these C’s might go early 2, so I wouldn’t be shocked to see Omar try to drop from 20 to 28-35 to get an extra mid day 2 asset and a 2025 pick. 

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think we’re heavily trending to a trade down in the 1st round.  I’ve heard something about the face that some of these C’s might go early 2, so I wouldn’t be shocked to see Omar try to drop from 20 to 28-35 to get an extra mid day 2 asset and a 2025 pick. 

This….I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded down and drafted Barton, Guyton, or a wide out with their resulting first pick. I wonder which of the second tier WRs (i.e. non top 15 WRs) they consider to be in the first tier. 

1 minute ago, rlon said:

This….I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded down and drafted Barton, Guyton, or a wide out with their resulting first pick. I wonder which of the second tier WRs (i.e. non top 15 WRs) they consider to be in the first tier. 

Barton is a projection type player. He's ok at Tackle but is he an upgrade over Dan Moore? The rest is pundits thinking since he struggles at one position that he can change and become a better prospect. So many have failed that way or are often late developers. Remember don't many CBs make the successful switch to play Safety.

1 minute ago, armsteeld said:

Barton is a projection type player. He's ok at Tackle but is he an upgrade over Dan Moore? The rest is pundits thinking since he struggles at one position that he can change and become a better prospect. So many have failed that way or are often late developers. Remember don't many CBs make the successful switch to play Safety.

I think Barton is an IOL only. I'd say any team drafting him is looking at him at OG or C. I'd bet if we take him it's because we're thinking of him as our C of the future.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think Barton is an IOL only. I'd say any team drafting him is looking at him at OG or C. I'd bet if we take him it's because we're thinking of him as our C of the future.

Barton’s question is going to be his ability to snap the ball.  I think if he can be quick with that and show speed and accuracy with the snap he goes late 1 early 2, if not I think he’s a guy that slides.

18 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That would be a huge project in my opinion. Most Tackles typically don't have to up against the bigger stronger defensive players. Being a Center or Guard, you gotta be a monster. I don't see that in Barton's tape. I'd rather get Limmer or Bartolini in id to later rounds over Barton early.

48 minutes ago, jebrick said:

With a draft deep in WR, why give up a pick when you can get the rookie contract?

Not saying I disagree with you but cap room isn’t an issue going forward with he team.

Plus there is nothing wrong with getting a proven weapon for the incoming QB of the future(or Fields if he develops)

34 minutes ago, AFF said:

Not saying I disagree with you but cap room isn’t an issue going forward with he team.

Plus there is nothing wrong with getting a proven weapon for the incoming QB of the future(or Fields if he develops)

By they could get Campbell or Reynolds or Brown

9 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

What exactly have either of those 3 done to warrant being anything that a WR3/4 at absolute max. 

Why trade a 1st for Aiyuk when you can draft solid #1 or #2 WR?  If you are taking a 2nd and can get your RT or center in round one that is different but Aiyuk is not worth a #1 pick

21 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Why trade a 1st for Aiyuk when you can draft solid #1 or #2 WR?  If you are taking a 2nd and can get your RT or center in round one that is different but Aiyuk is not worth a #1 pick

Again it’s cost benefit idea of rookie vs proven player 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I look at Barton as a center…

47 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I wonder if the Eagles are happy they traded a 1st for AJ Brown instead of keeping the pick and drafting Treylon Burks. 

75 - 1343 - 7, with a 17.9 ypc while sharing targets with Deebo, CMC, and Kittle. All while being one of the best run blocking WRs in the league. Agree to disagree.

• Like 1