State of the Steelers

warfelg

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I don’t believe that.

Yeah.    I believe they liked Jackson, but I think they saw a way to dump a frustratING and frustratED player like DJ and get a player at another position of need.

Would I have made the trade?   I dont know.   Certainly not a big fan of Dionte, but I probably would have waited a bit.

Essentially, all we did with that trade was rob Peter to pay Paul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Yeah.    I believe they liked Jackson, but I think they saw a way to dump a frustratING and frustratED player like DJ and get a player at another position of need.

Would I have made the trade?   I dont know.   Certainly not a big fan of Dionte, but I probably would have waited a bit.

Essentially, all we did with that trade was rob Peter to pay Paul.

I’ll reserve full judgement until we see how WR2 is addressed. I have been somewhat of a DJ apologist but moving on from him does feel like somewhat of a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1

The other part of the DJ pressure was his upcoming roster bonus. It tightened time to try something done. So if you got someone you have eyes on then that move needs to happen fast. 

• Like 1

Interesting. A Panthers beat reporter is saying when Mike Williams visited the Jets, he got his offer, then called every other team he was booked to meet, and shared what the offer was. 

Every team passed except the Jets. 

10 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/jfowlerespn/status/1772272686686732477?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

We signed deep threat and former Eagles Quez Watkins 

I like that he has a career 67% Catch Rate.  Nice that he has decent size, speed, and hands.  Looks like last year that he had some hamstring injury problems; hope those aren't lingering.  He's shown the ability to produce, as well, with 650 yds back in 2021. 

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

My reaction to this is they are not very high on Calvin Austin.

Obviously could be true....or could be because our depth chart behind Pickens are guys that would probably struggle making most teams active rosters.

They haven't even really given CAIII a real shot yet.    He may suck, but again....we have nothing outside of ONE guy.   

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

https://x.com/alex_kozora/status/1772304285780279392?s=46&t=qcRuXjH2St1oLeP8Aph7Og

John Lynch heavily shuts down Aiyuk trade rumors. 

Good.  That would be a waste of a 1st Rd pick.  Not saying he isn't worth one; I'm saying we can likely get a similar projected talent in the 2nd/3rd Rd this year, with as deep as this class is.  Especially if we trade down with Detroit--their 1.29 + 3.73 for our 1.20 + 6.195--then make another trade with two of our, now, 3 x 3rds, up into the 2nd, giving us 2 x 2nds.  We could easily get a top 3 OC, a top 10 WR, and a RT.  All should be day one starters with 3 picks in the top 51, no??

I'm gonna be honest.I don't think Quez Watkins or Van Jefferson really does a whole lot to address the position. Neither one of them were very reliable catching the football last year.

I would argue this means Tyler.Boyd is not coming to Pittsburgh and I would say Josh Reynolds is not either.So I would be really surprised if we don't draft a wide receiver in one of the first two rounds

• Like 1