State of the Steelers

warfelg

4 hours ago, 3rivers said:

so the draft class isn't that deep at QB where something legit is there past 10?

I think there are at least 5 decent ones but YMMV.  I think Saunders is good but will be over drafted.  I am watching Beck, Ward, Quinn Ewers, Jaxson Dart and Greyson McCall.   Graham Mertz and Jalen Milroe are two more to watch

https://steelersnow.com/steelers-dt-montravius-adams-rises-as-unsung-veteran-leader/

another Tony Hills award candidate,

or since he actually plays and is a vet, can we call it the mason cole award?  Well liked vet teammate but isn't quite at the level of play required. 

the DL needs a revamp, and if they employ the rotation , it will cost the team.  Adams, loudermilk and leal should all be replaced

27 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I guess my question wasn’t so much would you pay him $9/m, but would his price tag be the same as Najee.  

I did t realize he was a RFA.  That certainly works in our favor.

this would be a team decision based on performance and ' intangibles '   

whoever has the much better season will be kept, if both excel , logic would say keep both but the player might want to leave. No idea how this will go for this season and then going into next, but with Warren' situation he is less costly and said to be more suited for the new scheme but only time will tell

with all the cap space this team is said to have next year, why not keep both? They had no problem wasting cap space on mitch and chuks when they didn't have any capspace so what gives?

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Warren is a RFA the next two years so unless we offer it up he’s going to be a 2/$4MM basically. 

I think they honestly extend him next offseason and draft a RB somewhere between the 2n-4th round long as they don’t trade the farm in a move up for a QB.

On 6/21/2024 at 5:50 PM, 3rivers said:

he will get paid, but maybe not by the steelers.

steelers might (finally?) have the OL and run game in 24, then in 25 have neither RB 

Khan waited and lost , unless he drafts suitable RB's next year. If he does that, and they are good, then he has played this well. Wait and see, no idea how this new offence will be until they play on sundays anyways  

Warren is going nowhere, they will draft a big back to compliment him and replace Harris. Plenty of options on day two and on into the fourth round, likely.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AFF said:

Thought there was only 1 year of RFA tenders?

Your right. Behind the Steel Curtain wrote that thought up in a misleading way. They said: with his RFA he’s tied down for two more years at $4M. I assumed they meant 2 years beyond this one. 

5 hours ago, rlon said:

Warren is going nowhere, they will draft a big back to compliment him and replace Harris. Plenty of options on day two and on into the fourth round, likely.

I always thought get the OL to elite level and have RB's at decent price total  level of rushing yardage near top of the league. I can see them following your idea with Khan.  

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Your right. Behind the Steel Curtain wrote that thought up in a misleading way. They said: with his RFA he’s tied down for two more years at $4M. I assumed they meant 2 years beyond this one. 

Warren seems like the viable option. Najee could have a great year, but might get better offers from other teams. No idea how this all goes, have to see the smith offence here with the new OL.