2022 GDT Da Steelers 1-4 host Da Bucs 3-2

Steeler Hitman

Gave smoke to the defensive coaching last week so gotta give props so far. 

Really like the way they are using their personnel available. Loudermilk is playing DE in a 4 man line at in neutral situations because there’s no reason to focus on pressuring Brady when he gets rid of the ball, but we need bodies to defend the run. 

Would need to watch it back, but seems like we are switching coverages a good bit too. 

Brady does look off. Maybe why you shouldn’t go to weddings on game weeks? But who am I to judge? 

Canada, however, looks to have run out of calls. He was great to open the game. Need to see him be able to adjust and keep moving. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

all good SH, I liked the game more back then, and this team had guts back then on defence anyways

Me too 3rivers. I was responding to the fact that we had to go back to then 80's & 90's. I have been saying that this team needs to be more like some of those teams of tough offensive line that can run and a dominant defense, especially with a young QB. Heck I said that since Ben started getting older.

16 minutes ago, 43M said:

I wasn't comparing their "talent" as much as I am pointing out that none of them have shown much and in that regard, are much closer to the Brister trio than the B's.

It was a weak 1st round that year.   It is what it is.  I am never a fan of 1st rd RBs unless they are special AND you have a good OL.   Neither of those were the case, and this is the result.

Yep. Facts!!! No argument, just an optimistic prediction.

11 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Me too 3rivers. I was responding to the fact that we had to go back to then 80's & 90's. I have been saying that this team needs to be more like some of those teams of tough offensive line that can run and a dominant defense, especially with a young QB. Heck I said that since Ben started getting older.

agree. Problem is with tomlin, it seems OL isn't a priority and his defence is also not quite as good either. I know Watt is out but still there are issue on that side.  Those teams were tough in a tough era. Now, it's a different game, not sure how they move forward either.  Just kinda hope for the best and don't become a serious fan about it.  We won't have colbert to blame moving forward either.

This team on paper could be decent, but coaching is the main issue IMO. Canada needs to be gone and Warren needs more snaps since Harris is only good with a good OL

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Canada, however, looks to have run out of calls. He was great to open the game. Need to see him be able to adjust and keep moving. 

I think he’s good at designing stuff. Just has so little feel when he can’t script it all. Maybe he should work on scripting the next drive when we’re on defense.