Best landing spot for McCaffrey?

notthatbluestuff

Just now, iknowcool said:

Who from that list, outside of Hurts, are you taking over McCaffrey? 

And in general, look at the average 2nd round pick from every team every draft.  There is no way you are taking that over Christian McCaffrey.  You are seriously overvaluing and overrating the impact of the average 2nd round pick if so.  

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

And in general, look at the average 2nd round pick from every team every draft.  There is no way you are taking that over Christian McCaffrey.  You are seriously overvaluing and overrating the impact of the average 2nd round pick if so.  

Caff is going to be lucky to play 12 games imo, and he's expensive, so yes, I would take several of them over Caff, particularly the OL and our stud TE. Caff doesn't look as explosive as he did prior to injury either. You aren't trading for 2018/2019 Caff.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Jeezla said:

Dickerson, Jurgens, Goedert

Is Jurgens starting for the Eagles?

I disagree on Goedert but even if I didn't, that still only makes 4 out of 9 2nd round picks that you are taking over Christian McCaffrey.  So how can you legit say you wouldn't trade a 2nd for McCaffrey when he's better than 50% of the 2nd round draft picks ya'll make?  And at the very least, you could accept McCaffrey is equal in value to Dickerson/Jurgens/Goedert (who has also dealt with injuries).  

I get not wanting to give up a 1st for McCaffrey.  But I don't see the logic into why a 2nd round pick would be too much for him.  He's far better than any teams average 2nd round pick. 

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

So how can you legit say you wouldn't trade a 2nd for McCaffrey

because he's injury prone and not as good as he was and he's expensive. A 2nd round pick is going to cost 2 million a year for 4 years, and we have bigger fish to fry than RB, which isn't important to winning SB's.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Caff is going to be lucky to play 12 games imo, and he's expensive, so yes, I would take several of them over Caff, particularly the OL and our stud TE.

He only costs $1.5m or something against the cap this year.  So what are you talking about?

And he's played 16 games 3 seasons.  Goedert hasn't played 16 games since his rookie season.  So again, what are you talking about?

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

He only costs $1.5m or something against the cap this year.  So what are you talking about?

And he's played 16 games 3 seasons.  Goedert hasn't played 16 games since his rookie season.  So again, what are you talking about?

How many games did Caff play over the most recent 2 seasons?  RB isn't important.

What does Caff cost next year?

Edited by Jeezla

18 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The RB hate on this forum never ceases to amaze me.  How successful do you guys think the average 2nd round pick is?

Eagles last 9 2nd round picks: OL Cam Jurgens, OL Landon Dickerson, QB Jalen Hurts, RB Miles Sanders, WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside, TE Dallas Goedert, CB Sidney Jones, CB Eric Rowe, WR Jordan Matthews

If anything that lists proves you shouldnt trade a 2nd.

• Like 1

Just now, iknowcool said:

I promise you, if the Panthers offered the Eagles Christian McCaffrey for Cam Jurgens straight up, the Eagles would accept that in a second.  

i promise you you don't know our GM as well as I do, and that trade ain't being accepted by Howie

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

If anything that lists proves you shouldnt trade a 2nd.

How?  At best you are taking 3 out of 9 players from that list over McCaffrey (Hurts, Dickerson, Goedert).  So in what world does the math say you don't trade a 2nd for McCaffrey when he's far better than your average 2nd round pick?  

And look at every teams 2nd round pick.  If you are taking the average 2nd round pick over freakin' Christian McCaffrey, then clearly you don't know what the average 2nd round pick is.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

How?  At best you are taking 3 out of 9 players from that list over McCaffrey (Hurts, Dickerson, Goedert).  So in what world does the math say you don't trade a 2nd for McCaffrey when he's far better than your average 2nd round pick?  

And look at every teams 2nd round pick.  If you are taking the average 2nd round pick over freakin' Christian McCaffrey, then clearly you don't know what the average 2nd round pick is.

I also take Jurgens over McCaffrey without thinking twice about it. So that means the eagles last 3 picks have been players they'd rather have over an overpaid injury prone running back.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I also take Jurgens over McCaffrey without thinking twice about it. So that means the eagles last 3 picks have been players they'd rather have over an overpaid injury prone running back.

That still leaves only a 44% chance that your last 9 2nd round pick will be better than Christian McCaffrey... and that is we even accept that having Jurgens, Dickerson, or Goedert as being more valuable than McCaffrey.  So, again, that's my point.  A team's average 2nd round pick is not better than Christian McCaffrey.

Look at the Chiefs... Skyy Moore, Bryan Cook, Nick Bolton, Creed Humphrey, Willie Gay, Mecole Hardman, Juan Thornhill, Breeland Speaks, Tanoh Kpass.  Who are we taking over McCaffrey?