Best landing spot for McCaffrey?

notthatbluestuff

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

and that is we even accept that having Jurgens, Dickerson, or Goedert as being more valuable than McCaffrey

In what bizarro world are you living where OL isn't more important than RB? It's universally accepted that OL and most other positions > RB when it comes to positional value. Stud RB is about as important as stud Punter. Jonathan Taylor is better than McAffrey. What's he doing with an OL that can't block?

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

In what bizarro world are you living where OL isn't more important than RB? It's universally accepted that OL and most other positions > RB when it comes to positional value. 

One individual OL doesn't make a great OL.  In your own post alone you admit the Colts OL is bad and yet they have arguably the best guard in the NFL, Nelson.  Jurgens at this point is all projection.  I seriously doubt a team without a good RB would take Cam Jurgens straight up over Christian McCaffrey.  Just as I'm sure the Panthers wouldn't even consider that trade.  

Stud RB is about as important as stud Punter.

And yet teams take RBs in the 1st and 2nd round every year and never do a punter... but I'm sure you know more than them.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Panthers wouldn't even consider that trade.  

The Panthers are a bad franchise. Of course they wouldn't. That's why they'll never win a SB. They do dumb things like over-value RB.

Edited by Jeezla

18 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

That still leaves only a 44% chance that your last 9 2nd round pick will be better than Christian McCaffrey... and that is we even accept that having Jurgens, Dickerson, or Goedert as being more valuable than McCaffrey.  So, again, that's my point.  A team's average 2nd round pick is not better than Christian McCaffrey.

Look at the Chiefs... Skyy Moore, Bryan Cook, Nick Bolton, Creed Humphrey, Willie Gay, Mecole Hardman, Juan Thornhill, Breeland Speaks, Tanoh Kpass.  Who are we taking over McCaffrey?

Cheifs can feel free to trade for him. I don't think the eagles would have any interest. 

10 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

One individual OL doesn't make a great OL.  In your own post alone you admit the Colts OL is bad and yet they have arguably the best guard in the NFL, Nelson.  Jurgens at this point is all projection.  I seriously doubt a team without a good RB would take Cam Jurgens straight up over Christian McCaffrey.  Just as I'm sure the Panthers wouldn't even consider that trade.  

And yet teams take RBs in the 1st and 2nd round every year and never do a punter... but I'm sure you know more than them.

Cam Jurgens played pretty much every preseason game snap for the eagles this year. Go find some clips most teams in the NFL would take him over a RB.

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

In what bizarro world are you living where OL isn't more important than RB? It's universally accepted that OL and most other positions > RB when it comes to positional value. Stud RB is about as important as stud Punter. Jonathan Taylor is better than McAffrey. What's he doing with an OL that can't block?

A whole bunch of ridiculous hyperbole. But you're also ignoring what makes CMC valuable. He's a very good runner, yes. But his receiving skills are on par with good/very good NFL slot WRs. In today's NFL, that sort of receiving threat at HB is extremely valuable. My concerns about CMC revolve around his injuries. On the field in a good system with a good QB, he's dynamite.

57 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Rams look like the destination that makes the most sense. A team known to trade 1st round picks

We're not going to deal a first for McCaffrey. (Well, we probably won't.)

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

i promise you you don't know our GM as well as I do, and that trade ain't being accepted by Howie

I think this is where iknowcool is losing the conversation and point.

Howie Roseman does not value the RB position like he does the OL. Period, end of sentence. 

12 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I promise you, if the Panthers offered the Eagles Christian McCaffrey for Cam Jurgens straight up, the Eagles would accept that in a second.  

So when you suggest something like this when it is clear to everyone in that building that Cam Jurgens is the eventual replacement for HOF'r to come Jason Kelce, No he wouldn't make that trade in any way shape or form.

Not if it in the slightest meant OC was a hole going into the 2023 season because Kelce reitires!

With all of that said and the fact the Eagles have 2 first rd picks, I personally wouldn't have a problem with trading a 2nd for a stud RB, but that's me. 

My two hesitations with this particular RB are CMC inability to stay healthy and his ridiculous contract the next 3 years with a base salary of $12M.

So pass as well.

Howie literally took a RB with the 2nd round pick 3 years ago and yet Eagles fans claiming he wouldn’t trade one for CMC because of “positional value”. Makes sense.

Eagles in their literal spot wouldn’t but it has nothing to do with CMC’s worth. They simply don’t need him. But still no Eagles fans has explained to me how the NFL average 2nd round pick is better than CMC 

Edited by iknowcool

17 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why would of team like the Panthers devoid of talent / draft picks in 2023, want to wait till 2024 to cash in on your 1st?

Now in typical Rams fashion

2024 1st

2025 1st

I could see 

I want to be clear that I am not arguing we should trade a first for CMC, but why would a bad, rebuilding team be willing to wait a year for a first? I think the answer is obvious.

If Panthers want multiple first for McCaffrey then he will remain a Panther. I thought the Rams would do something with Akers for McCaffrey (2nd or 3rd) but can't see a first trading hands. No team would put up a first for 26 year old running back that's dressed for 16 of the last 39 games, as good as he is... and he is really good.