2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-4 Visit the Miami Dolphins 3-3

Steeler Hitman

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

We should all know by now though that this is Tomlins MO of keeping dysfunctional crap under wraps. And he telegraphs himself so much. He was highly involved in the defense, then a whole bunch of changes happen and coaches change. He’s getting more involved in the offense, which means a change should be coming. 

Ehh....Tomlin becoming "more involved", especially on offense, really scares me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Ehh....Tomlin becoming "more involved", especially on offense, really scares me.

It does for me too but the overhaul the defense went through in that time encourages me. Personally I don’t think that Tomlin is going to be in it too much to all the details but more, nothing happens without my approval. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That’s Tomlin’s effing excuse, really? He hasn’t played in a STADIUM? News flash Mike, that’s how it usually works with rookies.

Yea man let’s just sabotage this kids entire rookie year. We are making tons of explosive plays on offense right now, not sure we could really use a 4.2 dynamic WR who tore it up in camp anyways. 

Pathetic.

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

That’s Tomlin’s effing excuse, really? He hasn’t played in a STADIUM? News flash Mike, that’s how it usually works with rookies.

Yea man let’s just sabotage this kids entire rookie year. We are making tons of explosive plays on offense right now, not sure we could really use a 4.2 dynamic WR who tore it up in camp anyways. 

Pathetic.

That’s easy to say, but no one sees practice. What if he’s constantly running wrong routes?

Just now, warfelg said:

That’s easy to say, but no one sees practice. What if he’s constantly running wrong routes?

Then someone needs to be held accountable for wasting a 4th round pick on a guy who can’t learn the most bland, boring, and simple offense in the league 7 weeks into the season.

43 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yep Yes GIF by State Farm

Again, if you would let go of Sullivan at the end of the year anyways it’s just as detrimental as keeping Canada around. I’m asking what’s the point then?

Because we'd need someone to call the plays if Canada is gone. Sullivan has experience doing that. If we fire them both, we have no playcallers on staff that I know of. 

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Because we'd need someone to call the plays if Canada is gone. Sullivan has experience doing that. If we fire them both, we have no playcallers on staff that I know of. 

I pointed out someone who has done it. I’m more wondering what exactly Mike Sullivan has done to not deserve sticking around as QB coach. 

13 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Then someone needs to be held accountable for wasting a 4th round pick on a guy who can’t learn the most bland, boring, and simple offense in the league 7 weeks into the season.

Would be great if that guy that oversaw that pick didn’t step down after the draft. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Yep Yes GIF by State Farm

Again, if you would let go of Sullivan at the end of the year anyways it’s just as detrimental as keeping Canada around. I’m asking what’s the point then?

How is elevating Sullivan to play caller (when he is the only real candidate) but not wanting him back at the end of the year the same as just keeping Canada?

I don't understand what the problem is here. It's pretty clear we need some new ideas in the building. I, personally, wouldn't stop at just the OC. 

What are the alternatives? Someone would have to call plays the rest of the year. So cut the cancer at the top to remove them from imprinting any further on the team, hand Sullivan the reigns, but find your long term answer in the off-season. 

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

How is elevating Sullivan to play caller (when he is the only real candidate) but not wanting him back at the end of the year the same as just keeping Canada?

I don't understand what the problem is here. It's pretty clear we need some new ideas in the building. I, personally, wouldn't stop at just the OC. 

What are the alternatives? Someone would have to call plays the rest of the year. So cut the cancer at the top to remove them from imprinting any further on the team, hand Sullivan the reigns, but find your long term answer in the off-season. 

I tossed the alternative out there. A guy who could go back to his role after the season. 

I feel as though using Sullivan as the OC for the rest of the year means you aren’t bringing him back next year unless you can work something out ahead of time to make him ok in stepping back or being re-evaluated by the new OC. 

But again, I just don’t understand what warrants setting up to cut bait with Sullivan no matter what when it’s year one in the building. I’m all for the new ideas but I’m not for wanting to cut bait after one year on a QB coach who has a good history. 

13 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I tossed the alternative out there. A guy who could go back to his role after the season. 

I feel as though using Sullivan as the OC for the rest of the year means you aren’t bringing him back next year unless you can work something out ahead of time to make him ok in stepping back or being re-evaluated by the new OC. 

But again, I just don’t understand what warrants setting up to cut bait with Sullivan no matter what when it’s year one in the building. I’m all for the new ideas but I’m not for wanting to cut bait after one year on a QB coach who has a good history. 

Your alternative was an offensive coordinator of 2 seasons at Ball State over 10 years ago. I am not sure that's a viable option vs a guy who was at least a coordinator at the NFL level 5 years ago. 

I answered the second part before. The only reason you couldn't get Mike back is if he had any demand to go anywhere else. Coming from Army as his last gig, I am not sure that's going to happen. 

And while you are wondering what warrants cutting him, I am not sure I understand what warrants keeping him. His time with Eli Manning? The most tenured player under his current watch is Mason Rudolph, who the team thought so highly of in an "open competition" for QB that they immediately found 2 other players and moved him to third on the depth chart after Mike's first year with him. 

I wouldn't hate it if Mike was back, but I am not sure what should make him untouchable to the point that the idea of moving on from him is related to keeping Canada. 

Couple full quotes from Tomlins presser to things we have seen clipped on twitter.

This first one scares me.... I really am not sure he thinks there is an issue or at least there isn't an issue that putting your head down and working can't fix. This is too many years of really, really bad offense for this to solely be coach speak. 

Reporter: "Mike, what can you do as an offense to get more chunk plays"

Tomlin: "Ya know, keep working. Keep working. With continuity it raises your floor. When you raise your floor and minimize negativity you increase the potential for positivity. And so, sometimes the changes that need to occur are not significant ones and just continuing the work and understanding that the dams going to break in terms of those opportunities happening.  

This one isn't as bad for Austin, because I only think Tomlin is talking about THIS week. 

"Do you have an indication he (calvin austin) could be ready to be activated?"

Tomlin: "I haven't asked. It's the early portions of the week. We have been more into the schematics in the game plan and I am sure I could get some clarification a little later, maybe even later on today. It just hasn't been higher priority for me at this juncture. This guy hadn't played in a stadium yet anyway. He hasn't played in a pre-season stadium. And so it's more about development for him and that's the perspective that I have, I'm just being realistic. Up or down, active or inactive his overall readiness this week is probably not a high probability. I'm just being straightforward. 

I at least hope it's just for this week. Losing an entire season of opportunities to get him "inside of stadiums" would be a tough pill to swallow if we are talking a few more weeks until he would be game ready.

Austin not being ready to play in a game this week makes all the sense in the world. Opening up his practice window early just to slam it shut with 11 weeks left in the season would not. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Couple full quotes from Tomlins presser to things we have seen clipped on twitter.

This first one scares me.... I really am not sure he thinks there is an issue or at least there isn't an issue that putting your head down and working can't fix. This is too many years of really, really bad offense for this to solely be coach speak. 

This one isn't as bad for Austin, because I only think Tomlin is talking about THIS week. 

I at least hope it's just for this week. Losing an entire season of opportunities to get him "inside of stadiums" would be a tough pill to swallow if we are talking a few more weeks until he would be game ready.

Austin not being ready to play in a game this week makes all the sense in the world. Opening up his practice window early just to slam it shut with 11 weeks left in the season would not. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

I hate twitter so much

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No one said anything about untouchable. If we’re going to put a fall guy in at OC I rather put in the guy who 100% shouldn’t have his job because play has gotten worse under him

What does this mean? Is this in regards to Faulkner? I really hope not....