2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:
6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So the Lakers grossly downgrade their big man for a backup PG, a late FRP, and a couple of lottery picks?

I thought he meant Cam Johnson. If Payne then yeah, reject

But honestly, I'd still consider it. The Lakers suck. They aren't even going to make the play-in. Get younger and get assets.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

He doesn't if he's no longer a top 10 player. And right now, he's not playing like it.

The Lakers are terrible and still have a ton of nationally televised games and pack out the Staples Center on a nightly basis because of their star power. LeBron will remain in LA this year so that he can break the scoring record as a Laker. I can't imagine that they'll move on from him after he resigned. And even if they tried to trade him in the offseason, who's giving up a ton for a 39 going on 40 year old LeBron on a 1+1 deal?

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

But honestly, I'd still consider it. The Lakers suck. They aren't even going to make the play-in. Get younger and get assets.

It's getting close to the final days of Kobe's career bad at this point. Crazy how badly that Russ trade tanked their chance to be competitive. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cam Johnson would start immediately for the Lakers. I don't think the gap between AD/Ayton is that substantial anymore especially considering Ayton is like 6 years younger. Cam/Ayton plus three firsts would be a win.

My bigger issue is that I think Ayton's offensive production is in LARGE part due to the play of CP3.  His FG% the previous 2 seasons went up drastically which coincided with CP3's arrival.  That might have been part of his natural growth but I'm a strong believer that he's a huge benefactor of CP3's passing.

Just now, CWood21 said:

My bigger issue is that I think Ayton's offensive production is in LARGE part due to the play of CP3.  His FG% the previous 2 seasons went up drastically which coincided with CP3's arrival.  That might have been part of his natural growth but I'm a strong believer that he's a huge benefactor of CP3's passing.

Of course, any big is going to benefit from playing with arguably the greatest PG in NBA history. He averaged 18/11 the year before CP3 got there and in a lesser role has still averaged 21/11+ PER36 over the last two seasons. I think Ayton/CJ would actually make the Lakers better this season and you'd recoup draft assets. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers are terrible and still have a ton of nationally televised games and pack out the Staples Center on a nightly basis because of their star power. LeBron will remain in LA this year so that he can break the scoring record as a Laker. I can't imagine that they'll move on from him after he resigned. And even if they tried to trade him in the offseason, who's giving up a ton for a 39 going on 40 year old LeBron on a 1+1 deal?

Well they can't trade him this season anyways.

I'm not saying they have to trade LeBron or should look into it. What I'm saying is if he's not keeping them in contention for even a play-in and now that he's signed through next season, then he no longer has leverage to "control" the front office like you said.

I also don't think they'd actively shop AD. What I'm saying is if someone came to them with an offer like @DirtyDez put out there, then they should take it and not worry about appeasing LeBron anymore since even with AD they can't even play like a mediocre team.

The Lakers have very few assets and no chance of competing for the next few seasons if LeBron isn't an elite player anymore. If the offers come to them, they need to at least consider them. That's my point. And if LeBron doesn't want to be around for that, then trade him for whatever. They won't get some huge haul, but he'd still get them a couple assets.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Then flip him. Plenty of teams still like Ayton and would offer picks for him. If he's not a building block for the Lakers, then he's an avenue to more picks or other young players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Well they can't trade him this season anyways.

I'm not saying they have to trade LeBron or should look into it. What I'm saying is if he's not keeping them in contention for even a play-in and now that he's signed through next season, then he no longer has leverage to "control" the front office like you said.

I also don't think they'd actively shop AD. What I'm saying is if someone came to them with an offer like @DirtyDez put out there, then they should take it and not worry about appeasing LeBron anymore since even with AD they can't even play like a mediocre team.

The Lakers have very few assets and no chance of competing for the next few seasons if LeBron isn't an elite player anymore. If the offers come to them, they need to at least consider them. That's my point. And if LeBron doesn't want to be around for that, then trade him for whatever. They won't get some huge haul, but he'd still get them a couple assets.

I think LeBron and Klutch Sports are essentially running the Lakers at this point, they're so dysfunctional. Wasn't the main reason LeBron resigned there so that they'd trade assets to try and win? 

According to Bill Simmons there have been rumors circulating that keep getting louder and louder about the Lakers being willing to move AD.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Then flip him. Plenty of teams still like Ayton and would offer picks for him. If he's not a building block for the Lakers, then he's an avenue to more picks or other young players.

Lakers receive: Myles Turner, Buddy Hield, Cam Johnson, 2 FRP (via PHX)

Pacers receive: DeAndre Ayton, Kendrick Nunn, 1 FRP (Via PHX)

Suns receive: Anthony Davis

Just now, NYRaider said:

I think LeBron and Klutch Sports are essentially running the Lakers at this point, they're so dysfunctional. Wasn't the main reason LeBron resigned there so that they'd trade assets to try and win? 

According to Bill Simmons there have been rumors circulating that keep getting louder and louder about the Lakers being willing to move AD.

They were when he was still an elite player. Maybe this is just a small sample size and LeBron picks up his play soon, but if this continues then the Lakers have no reason to mortgage anymore of the future for him because he's not giving them anything close to a contender now. If he turns it around and the Lakers start winning, then maybe there can be a conversation.

It was before the season started. Pelinka even said they'd look to make moves and LeBron re-signing was an investment in the team and they'd hold up their end of the bargain...but at this point there's really no reason to. LeBron can't do anything about it anymore since he did re-sign.

The Warriors bench has been awful all season and Poole's play has plummeted but I am not all too worried. I want to wait until Divincenzo gets back on the floor and see how they look. Will still need to make a move for one proven vet bench player at some point but nothing needs to be done yet. The silver lining is the West does not have any scary teams. Jazz are playing good ball but no one will confuse them for true contenders. The Suns are always going to be a great regular season team but with CP3 looking like this, they aren't getting to the finals. The Blazers are looking nice but the Warriors own them in the playoffs. The Nuggets and Grizzlies are going to be the two biggest threats unless Kawhi gets healthy and shows he can actually stay on the floor for multiple games at a time. 

The East on the other hand.....Sheesh! 

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They were when he was still an elite player. Maybe this is just a small sample size and LeBron picks up his play soon, but if this continues then the Lakers have no reason to mortgage anymore of the future for him because he's not giving them anything close to a contender now. If he turns it around and the Lakers start winning, then maybe there can be a conversation.

It was before the season started. Pelinka even said they'd look to make moves and LeBron re-signing was an investment in the team and they'd hold up their end of the bargain...but at this point there's really no reason to. LeBron can't do anything about it anymore since he did re-sign.

LeBron is clearly just there to break the scoring record. If they did decide to trade him I'm just not sure what they'd get back because of his cap hit, age, and the fact it'd be a one year rental for whoever trades for him.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jazz are playing good ball but no one will confuse them for true contenders.

Put some respect on our name, lmao. I legit watch every game expecting us to regress into a terrible team but it just isn't happening.