Week 7 GDT Texans @ Raiders

lumberjackchris

26 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Aren’t some of y’all traveling out to Vegas??

Had to cancel my trip, kiddo obligations took priority. Still gonna get out there for a game, pretty sure we’ll end up playing Las Vegas again next season.

27 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Also, HBD @ET80!!

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

HBD @ET80!!!

Thanks!

(I can’t help but to think Easterby’s demise the day before my birthday is ordained. I don’t think it’s a secret on how much I loathed that guy… so him getting fired has made today THAT much sweeter).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

Raider fan here.

Lovie is going to have his players ready. The Texans offense should look decent against the Raiders defense. DC Patrick Graham actually found a way to make Russell Wilson look decent. The game should be close.

But I still think the Raiders win. 28-24.

I think it'll be more lopsided than you think. Texans cannot tackle a runner on first attempt, so Josh Jacobs should go for 100+ and a few scores. Derek Stingley Jr has flashes of greatness, but he's inconsistent on a snap to snap basis, so I expect Davante Adams to have a monster day regardless of who is on him. Derek Carr plays with extra oomph when he's squaring up against the team that nearly killed his older brother, so I expect the Raiders O to impose their will.

Texans will keep it closer than expected, but I see it collapsing in the 4th and Vegas walking away with a 28-17 W. Nico Collins might look like a unique playmaker with his game this week...

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think it'll be more lopsided than you think. Texans cannot tackle a runner on first attempt, so Josh Jacobs should go for 100+ and a few scores. Derek Stingley Jr has flashes of greatness, but he's inconsistent on a snap to snap basis, so I expect Davante Adams to have a monster day regardless of who is on him. Derek Carr plays with extra oomph when he's squaring up against the team that nearly killed his older brother, so I expect the Raiders O to impose their will.

Texans will keep it closer than expected, but I see it collapsing in the 4th and Vegas walking away with a 28-17 W. Nico Collins might look like a unique playmaker with his game this week...

We will see. Every Raider game this season has been decided by 1 score.

EDIT - Forgot about the Bronco game.

Edited by Steins Gate
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

We will see. Every Raider game this season has been decided by 1 score.

EDIT - Forgot about the Bronco game.

Likewise, the Texans have been in a bunch of one score games, it's been a tight slate of games thus far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Nico Collins might look like a unique playmaker with his game this week...

I swear, that guy is the next great Texans WR. They just got to get him some more targets, I don't  even think he's drawing #1 CBs yet. They should call the offense like Collins is Deandre Hopkins. That guy is a flat out beast. If he starts producing to the level I'm thinking he's capable of, suddenly the whole ball game changes. Between Collins and Pierce, we'd have some serious threats that have to be accounted for, and I think we've maaaybe got enough around those guys to actually do something this year, assuming Collins is the next AJ, Hopkins type player for us.