Week 8 GDT Packers @ Bills: Sunday Night Football in Orchard Park, NY.

Trentwannabe

A game that once looked like a daunting cross conference battle and potential Super Bowl preview has now turned into an 10.5 spread in favour of the Bills.

Buffalo is coming off the bye week where they have never lost under Sean McDermott (5-0) and QB Josh Allen is a clear MVP favourite. Their win over KC in week 6 was arguably the most complete game they've played. Green Bay has lost 3 straight including 2 at home to the Giants and Jets. Rodgers isn't himself, the young WR's haven't stepped up, Lazzard is potentially hurt and the once fearful 1-2 punch at RB is now looking like an after thought.

Allen and Diggs are special. The Bills may have Tre White playing some snaps. This isn't a game they should take lightly but they should win and win big.

Bills 34
Packers 14

As long as we aren't overlooking GB and Rodgers (which I doubt we are), I think we should win this one pretty convincingly. Their offense hasn't been able to move the ball much and our defense has looked great + they just had a week off of rest + potentially Tre White is back. 

On offense I think Allen continues his great play, especailly on primetime night games. I also think he's going to want to stick it to AR and all the trash talk Rodgers/Brady gave JA during the golf match in the summer lol. 

I'll go Bills 35-Packers 17 

Rodgers is still a great QB, he's just having a tough time getting his WRs on the same page. Lazard looks to be out too, which should benefit us. 

Hopefully we come out calm, cool, collected. March down the field and BOOM 7-0 before they know what hit them.

Josh & Co. seem to get OVERLY hyped sometimes in big games, evidence by the 1st Q of the MNF game this year, obv they settled down but I'd like for them to come in cool and just do their job.

Bills 38
Packers 17

4 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

Rodgers is still a great QB, he's just having a tough time getting his WRs on the same page. Lazard looks to be out too, which should benefit us. 

Hopefully we come out calm, cool, collected. March down the field and BOOM 7-0 before they know what hit them.

Josh & Co. seem to get OVERLY hyped sometimes in big games, evidence by the 1st Q of the MNF game this year, obv they settled down but I'd like for them to come in cool and just do their job.

Bills 38
Packers 17

I'd go the other way and say Josh & Co. step up the most in big time prime time games and typically falter at the noon games when playing a bad opponent. 

Primetime games:

• LA Rams - 31-10 W
  • Titans - 41-7 W
  • Chiefs (325pm huge game) - 24-20 W
  • Chiefs 38-20 W (2021)
  • Titans 31-34 L (2021)
  • Patriots 33-21 W (2021)
  • Patriots 47-17 W (2021 playoffs) 
  • Chiefs 36-42 L (2021 playoffs) 

Then even the 49ers game in 2020 and others. Thats a combined 6-2 record and in every game Josh had great stats. I think he shows up and lives for big primetime games but I do get what you're saying about at times getting too amped up.

18 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

I'd go the other way and say Josh & Co. step up the most in big time prime time games and typically falter at the noon games when playing a bad opponent. 

Primetime games:

• LA Rams - 31-10 W
  • Titans - 41-7 W
  • Chiefs (325pm huge game) - 24-20 W
  • Chiefs 38-20 W (2021)
  • Titans 31-34 L (2021)
  • Patriots 33-21 W (2021)
  • Patriots 47-17 W (2021 playoffs) 
  • Chiefs 36-42 L (2021 playoffs) 

Then even the 49ers game in 2020 and others. Thats a combined 6-2 record and in every game Josh had great stats. I think he shows up and lives for big primetime games but I do get what you're saying about at times getting too amped up.

Oh, Im not debating that they show up. But in the beginning of big games it feels like the whole team is so wired that they start to play sloppy, they however do settle down. I just want to see them come out and be calm and collected and make it happen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

No Spencer Brown this weekend. Still dealing with the ankle injury. Quessenberry is a very safe replacement though. 

Not too concerned about that. Q has shown he can play in the league. He'll do fine. Gary might give him some trouble but I trust they'll make adjustments as the games goes.