Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not buy the he can not change the play.  He has play choices and if you are a decent QB you should be able to tell when it is a play doomed for failure.  If he goes out there and sticks to a play he knows will not work I do not want him as my QB.

So you want a QB to go against the HC ??

21 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

So you want a QB to go against the HC ??

Yes when the head coach is wrong.  If he produces then there is nothing the coach can say.  Gannon and Gruden use to go at it on the sidelines all the time.  If Carr is good at reading defenses like some have said and he knows a play is not going to work you need to get out of it.  That is every QBs job.

A players job is to 1) execute what the 2) coach calls but if what the coach calls can not be executed then you revert back to #1.

Edited by drfrey13

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes when the head coach is wrong.  If he produces then there is nothing the coach can say.  Gannon and Gruden use to go at it on the sidelines all the time.  If Carr is good at reading defenses like some have said and he knows a play is not going to work you need to get out of it.  That is every QBs job.

Dude Gruden wanted the QB to change the play

3 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Dude Gruden wanted the QB to change the play

Do you not remember Gruden and Gannon on the sidelines fighting?  If you think a QB has zero autonomy then you are crazy.  If the coach really gives zero autonomy then he is crazy. 

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

With in the offense. You want Carr to do what the HC can't and its Carr's fault. 

Just saying that when Carr breaks the huddle it is now his job to decide whether the play works or not.  If he knows the play is not going to work and stays in it I do not want him as my QB.  If he is not able to tell if the play is going to work I do not want him as my QB.  If the coach does not give the QB the choice I do not want him as my coach.

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Just saying that when Carr breaks the huddle it is now his job to decide whether the play works or not.  If he knows the play is not going to work and stays in it I do not want him as my QB.  If he is not able to tell if the play is going to work I do not want him as my QB.  If the coach does not give the QB the choice I do not want him as my coach.

No it's not, it's his job to do what the HC wants.

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No it's not, it's his job to do what the HC wants.

The coach can not make play changes once the huddle is broke.  He has no idea what formation they have.  It is up to the QB to make the call once he is under center.  If either one of the 2 do not understand that then it is time they go.  If it is more important to be right over executing then they need to be gone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The coach can not make play changes once the huddle is broke.  He has no idea what formation they have.  It is up to the QB to make the call once he is under center.  If either one of the 2 do not understand that then it is time they go.  If it is more important to be right over executing then they need to be gone.

and the QB can't if the HC doesn't him want too.

I can't believe you're blaming Carr for Josh's terrible coaching. Are you watching the game??

The Raiders are killing it want they throw to Adams but poor coaching has them killing the clock to early.

45 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

and the QB can't if the HC doesn't him want too.

I can't believe you're blaming Carr for Josh's terrible coaching. Are you watching the game??

The Raiders are killing it want they throw to Adams but poor coaching has them killing the clock to early.

I am not blaming Carr for McDaniels bad play calling.  What I am saying from the beginning of this conversation is I do not buy the excuse that Carr can only do what McDaniels says when he calls in the play.  How is it so hard to understand that the QB has to be able to get out of a bad play call.

32 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not blaming Carr for McDaniels bad play calling.  What I am saying from the beginning of this conversation is I do not buy the excuse that Carr can only do what McDaniels says when he calls in the play.  How is it so hard to understand that the QB has to be able to get out of a bad play call.

Josh said it himself.