My 1st Mock

Bobby816

2018 New York Jets Off-Season

Cuts:

Buster Skrine: disappointing Jets career.

Matt Forte: respect the guys career, but it’s time to go.

Mo Wilkerson: he isn’t worth 1/2 his salary anymore.

Resign:

Quincy Enunwa: him getting injured might have been a good thing. It’ll save us a ton of money.

Morris Claiborne: when healthy he’s still a very good starting CB.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: finally using that talent God have him.

Demario Davis: no player has earned a contract more than this guy.

Kony Ealy: a change of scenery has seemed to spark his career. Losing Mo means nothing with resigning him.

Chandler Catanzaro: he’s been a solid K for us.

Wesley Johnson: I was hoping he’d improve more, but he takes at earns a spot back in the roster.

Terrance Brooks: good rotational safety behind our young guys.

Dakota Dozier: good OLine depth.

Julian Stanford: ST value.

Free Agency:

Teddy Bridgewater: the way Case Keenum is playing I’m not sure he gets very many snaps the rest of the year. He should be at a discounted price bc of injury and lack of playing for 2 years. He’s still very young. Guys like this don’t hit FA often.

Trumaine Johnson: sures up our #1 CB spot. Allowing Claiborne to be our #2. Makes our secondary one of the best in the league.

Allen Robinson: another guy coming off an injury that can be had for a discount. Has #1 WR potential. Robinson, Enunwa, Anderson is a good WR group.

Tyler Eiffert: injuries have hurt his career. I don’t see why not to take a shot on him. Should come cheap bc of injury issues.

Draft:

1st: Mike McGlinchey (LT/Notre Dame)

Beachum hasn’t been bad, I just think getting a great LT is a big need. McGlinchey and Shell will be cornerstones for this OLine.

2nd: Josh Sweat (Edge/Florida State)

Freakish athlete more so than a great football player. I feel like Kevin Greene can make him a star. He can be our edge rusher we’ve all been craving.

2nd (from Seattle): Sony Michel (RB/Georgia)

Chubb gets all the love for Georgia, but this guy is just as good. Michel and McGuire make a great young combo backfield.

3rd: Billy Price (C/Ohio State)

I wanted Eflein bad last draft and now I want Price. He’s filled in great for Eflein at Ohio State. McGlinchey Price and She’ll give us a backbone to this offensive LOS.

4th: J’Mon Moore (WR/Missouri)

Good value with this pick. Good size at 6’3”. He isn’t a burner but has tools to be useful in a Morton offense. I’m not sure some of these young WRs have any holding power on this roster.

5th: Micah Kiser (ILB/Virginia)

Highly intelligent LB, makes tackles with great instincts. Not the fastest guy and that’s why he’s available this late. Playing alongside Lee, we can afford a drop in speed for instinct and tackling.

6th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP)

ST guy and depth at CB. Likes to play press coverage.

7th: Jed Blazevich (TE/Georgia)

Competition at TE for guys like Tomlinson and Leggett.

I'll be happy with this. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Bridgewater.

My only thing with your off-season is I don't think Price makes it to the 3rd.

Having resurrected the careers of ASJ and Claiborne will hopefully gives us some sway to get players like Bridgewater and Robinson. 

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

I'll be happy with this. It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Bridgewater.

My only thing with your off-season is I don't think Price makes it to the 3rd.

Having resurrected the careers of ASJ and Claiborne will hopefully gives us some sway to get players like Bridgewater and Robinson. 

I think the main thing that helps us get these big name injured guys is the opportunity to play and be a star as well. Regarding Price... I originally thought that too. But I think Efflein was better than Price, and he didn’t get drafted until Round 3 pick 70. And that’s right at what I have our pick right at. 

I like it Bobby but the only thing that concerns me is the amount of guys you have us signing that are coming off injuries.

I’m all for gambling on a couple of players as low risk high reward but not 75% of our FA signings. 

I really like the draft, we need to find a top talent at LT for sure and also get a fast rushing outside linebacker this offseason.

Once we get those two pieces in place it gives us the ammo next year to go get our qb of the future. I’d love one of the top talents at QB but Rome wasn’t built in a day and this process still needs at least two free agency’s and drafts. 

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

2018 New York Jets Off-Season

Cuts:

Buster Skrine: disappointing Jets career.

Matt Forte: respect the guys career, but it’s time to go.

Mo Wilkerson: he isn’t worth 1/2 his salary anymore.

Resign:

Quincy Enunwa: him getting injured might have been a good thing. It’ll save us a ton of money.

Morris Claiborne: when healthy he’s still a very good starting CB.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: finally using that talent God have him.

Demario Davis: no player has earned a contract more than this guy.

Kony Ealy: a change of scenery has seemed to spark his career. Losing Mo means nothing with resigning him.

Chandler Catanzaro: he’s been a solid K for us.

Wesley Johnson: I was hoping he’d improve more, but he takes at earns a spot back in the roster.

Terrance Brooks: good rotational safety behind our young guys.

Dakota Dozier: good OLine depth.

Julian Stanford: ST value.

Free Agency:

Teddy Bridgewater: the way Case Keenum is playing I’m not sure he gets very many snaps the rest of the year. He should be at a discounted price bc of injury and lack of playing for 2 years. He’s still very young. Guys like this don’t hit FA often.

Trumaine Johnson: sures up our #1 CB spot. Allowing Claiborne to be our #2. Makes our secondary one of the best in the league.

Allen Robinson: another guy coming off an injury that can be had for a discount. Has #1 WR potential. Robinson, Enunwa, Anderson is a good WR group.

Tyler Eiffert: injuries have hurt his career. I don’t see why not to take a shot on him. Should come cheap bc of injury issues.

Draft:

1st: Mike McGlinchey (LT/Notre Dame)

Beachum hasn’t been bad, I just think getting a great LT is a big need. McGlinchey and Shell will be cornerstones for this OLine.

2nd: Josh Sweat (Edge/Florida State)

Freakish athlete more so than a great football player. I feel like Kevin Greene can make him a star. He can be our edge rusher we’ve all been craving.

2nd (from Seattle): Sony Michel (RB/Georgia)

Chubb gets all the love for Georgia, but this guy is just as good. Michel and McGuire make a great young combo backfield.

3rd: Billy Price (C/Ohio State)

I wanted Eflein bad last draft and now I want Price. He’s filled in great for Eflein at Ohio State. McGlinchey Price and She’ll give us a backbone to this offensive LOS.

4th: J’Mon Moore (WR/Missouri)

Good value with this pick. Good size at 6’3”. He isn’t a burner but has tools to be useful in a Morton offense. I’m not sure some of these young WRs have any holding power on this roster.

5th: Micah Kiser (ILB/Virginia)

Highly intelligent LB, makes tackles with great instincts. Not the fastest guy and that’s why he’s available this late. Playing alongside Lee, we can afford a drop in speed for instinct and tackling.

6th: Nik Needham (CB/UTEP)

ST guy and depth at CB. Likes to play press coverage.

7th: Jed Blazevich (TE/Georgia)

Competition at TE for guys like Tomlinson and Leggett.

Nobody has been a bigger advocate of drafting Mike Mc Glinchey, than me. No question he is a huge powerful man, and smart. After watching the ND, Miami game I thought he look slow footed, it could have been the over whelming speed of the Miami team. I really shouldn't judge him on one game. We will see how he does in the  Stanford game, that should be a good test. I sure hope I am wrong.

I really like the idea of trying to get Tyler Eiffert, he was another player I wanted us to draft. When he played he looked great. The only thing can he stay healthy?

Another player I like on your list is Allen Robinson, WR.

The real sleeper on your list is Billy Price C. That could be a real steal in the draft.

The other players on your list I don't know much about them, so I will make no comment on them

I don't think Mac, would like your mock draft, not one SAFETY on your list, only being facetious. As of right now 11-21-17 how much cap space do we have?

5 hours ago, xenajets said:

I like it Bobby but the only thing that concerns me is the amount of guys you have us signing that are coming off injuries.

I’m all for gambling on a couple of players as low risk high reward but not 75% of our FA signings. 

I really like the draft, we need to find a top talent at LT for sure and also get a fast rushing outside linebacker this offseason.

Once we get those two pieces in place it gives us the ammo next year to go get our qb of the future. I’d love one of the top talents at QB but Rome wasn’t built in a day and this process still needs at least two free agency’s and drafts. 

I think we are the perfect team to take risks on injured players. We can offer all the guys I have mocked to us starting spots. A lot of teams can’t offer that. We Laos have the money to pay them a tad more than other teams that will low ball them bc of injury. I’m also looking at the injuries as well. Apparently Bridgewater is ready. Keenum is just playing too good to bench. So he’s not really a guy off injury completely anymore. Getting him can totally be gone if he does play and looks good. Minnesota won’t let him go if that’s the case. But if he doesn’t play, I don’t see them paying to keep him there without seeing him in the field much 1st. As for Robinson he tore his ACL. Not the awful injury it once was. I feel like he’ll be just fine to play next season. Eiffert is the only big injury risk. Bc he has repeatedly been injured.

If we going into next season with Bridgewater, Petty, Hack as our QB options I'll be calling for Macc's head. I have no problem with signing Bridgewater but we better be going QB early in the draft because there is no guarantee that Teddy will be able to come back to pre-injury form. I hate Josh Sweat, I don't think he's a very good pass rusher. I think there should be better candidates left on the board at that point. I don't see the point in paying 2 TEs in FA when Eifert can't stay healthy and hasn't produced in the last 2 years. It's tough for me to grade because I can't see what type of money/years you are committing to FA. I like Robinson but contract would be the question mark for me.

Keenun is not a lock as 5 year starter so there is no reason for Bridgewater to walk away from Vikings who will have to fill up many holes after this season.

The nsons are solid and aggressive signings.

Eiffert?  Since you did not include contract details inthis mock I let it slide. However, why should Jets carry 3 similar TEs, Eiffert, ASJ and Leggett?

Draft is fine but where is one that would replace Wilkerson.  If Ealy plays more time then someone needs to replace Ealy's role. You did not address that in FA nor draft. umm.

On 21/11/2017 at 9:43 AM, rdelaney89 said:

If we going into next season with Bridgewater, Petty, Hack as our QB options I'll be calling for Macc's head. I have no problem with signing Bridgewater but we better be going QB early in the draft because there is no guarantee that Teddy will be able to come back to pre-injury form. I hate Josh Sweat, I don't think he's a very good pass rusher. I think there should be better candidates left on the board at that point. I don't see the point in paying 2 TEs in FA when Eifert can't stay healthy and hasn't produced in the last 2 years. It's tough for me to grade because I can't see what type of money/years you are committing to FA. I like Robinson but contract would be the question mark for me.

I'm with rdelaney89 on this one. Bridgewater is fine as a stop-gap veteran type, regardless of his age, but as the guy we stake the next decade on? No thanks. The only reason why Bobby has gone in this draft direction is because he still believes in Hackenberg. I think he might be the only one left. Bowles and Morton have definitely lost all hope. Maccagnan is probably getting close, too. 

I like a lot of things from this mock:

- cutting Skrine and Forte (though I think trading Powell may make more sense).

- re-signing everybody except Wesley Johnson. I think we can do better in free agency, an older, wiser, more savvy center.

- I'd be OK with signing Trumaine and Robinson, though I don't necessarily think we NEED either player.

- I like the two 2nd rounders and the 3rd round selections. Pretty much a perfect scenario in that part of the draft.

I don't like:

- a LT in Round 1, ignoring once again the QB position. I really hate that option. For me, Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield HAVE to be our pick if either is there.

- hate signing both ASJ and Eifert AND drafting another TE. We have Leggett to back up ASJ. I don't think we need more than that. Tomlinson is serviceable, too.

- I don't like cutting Wilkerson. Is he overpaid? Yes. Is he a big factor in stopping the run? Yes he is. Ealy cannot replace Wilkerson. Ealy is a 4-3 end, whereas Wilkerson can play 3-4 end or 4-3 tackle. So if we go 4-3, there's room for both Wilkerson and Ealy (and in that scenario, McLendon is the cut candidate). If we stay 3-4, we need Wilkerson to bookend Williams.

In our off-season, if we could land Lamar or Baker, plus Bridgewater or Alex Smith, plus Michel, Price, Sweat and then add a Robinson and Trumaine, and then bring back all our FA's save for Wesley Johnson, then we're talking about a contender. But for me, it starts with Lamar or Baker. 

Instead of quoting multiple people. I have us resigning Johnson as a backup C. As a backup he won’t cost much and is actually not a bad backup. That’s why I have us drafting Price to start. Linsley or someone in FA will costs a decent amount when I’d rather address C in the draft and a cheap backup. I still have no clue how Elflein wasn’t drafted by us last draft.

Now regarding the QB position. Honestly I don’t see anyone better than what we have outside of Rosen or Darnold. So I don’t think spending a high pick on a guy like Jackson, Allen or Mayfield is smart. QB isn’t our only need. And if we are drafting in the 5-10 range, I see all those QBs as reach picks in that range. I also view Bridgewater as a lot more than a bridge an. I see him very much as a potential franchise qb. He literally just turned 25 a couple weeks ago. So there’s a future with him. He’s going to get paid big money and I can’t see Minnesota doing that with Keenum playing like he is. We have that money to spend and have a starting spot for him. Like I stated. Guys like Bridgewater rarely hit FA and we shouldn’t miss the opportunity to try and get him. He will cost significantly less than Cousins and is 5 years younger. Bridgewater looked every bit of the part of a franchise qb before his injury. If he’s already ready to play the doctors can evaluate him in the offseason and see if they think the injury is something that won’t be an issue down the road. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Instead of quoting multiple people. I have us resigning Johnson as a backup C. As a backup he won’t cost much and is actually not a bad backup. That’s why I have us drafting Price to start. Linsley or someone in FA will costs a decent amount when I’d rather address C in the draft and a cheap backup. I still have no clue how Elflein wasn’t drafted by us last draft.

Now regarding the QB position. Honestly I don’t see anyone better than what we have outside of Rosen or Darnold. So I don’t think spending a high pick on a guy like Jackson, Allen or Mayfield is smart. QB isn’t our only need. And if we are drafting in the 5-10 range, I see all those QBs as reach picks in that range. I also view Bridgewater as a lot more than a bridge an. I see him very much as a potential franchise qb. He literally just turned 25 a couple weeks ago. So there’s a future with him. He’s going to get paid big money and I can’t see Minnesota doing that with Keenum playing like he is. We have that money to spend and have a starting spot for him. Like I stated. Guys like Bridgewater rarely hit FA and we shouldn’t miss the opportunity to try and get him. He will cost significantly less than Cousins and is 5 years younger. Bridgewater looked every bit of the part of a franchise qb before his injury. If he’s already ready to play the doctors can evaluate him in the offseason and see if they think the injury is something that won’t be an issue down the road. 

Winters can be at C with Price at RG. It is not out of question.

I had Bridgewater and Norv Turner in my mock. It may improve the chance to be long term fix at QB. Do you agree?

Archived