GDT - Week 11 - The One Way Rivalry

Hunter2_1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:24 AM, Crimmage said:

I have way too much confidence in Matt Groh for no reason.... I feel like Al Davis yelling at the tv MORE SPEED. 

Yup, all for speed however. I hope Groh isn't a (stat) Baseball GM!!!  I'm not sure yet. 

1. I'm not a fan of our 1st pick. IMO he's a stat/measurable pick. I see his future at center!!!!  I think all said and done our 6th Round, pick Chasen Hines will be a better player.

2. Tyquan Thornton, WR  Has no clue how to play football at the NFL level and he might never reach his potential. He doen's play at 4.2. speed.   I don't blame the kid, I blame BB.  Our offense coaches, wait we don't have any!!!!!  It a shame becasue he could be something down the road.

You can have all the measurable in the world however you have to know how to play and have the physical FOOTBALL skill to do it.  Going back to Strange there is no way a 1st pick get should be pushed off his feet and that happens frequently. Sunday game, I watched him. Awful.  I had to watch something on the O side!!!!

12 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Yup, all for speed however. I hope Groh isn't a (stat) Baseball GM!!!  I'm not sure yet. 

1. I'm not a fan of our 1st pick. IMO he's a stat/measurable pick. I see his future at center!!!!  I think all said and done our 6th Round, pick Chasen Hines will be a better player.

Strange is a BB pick I feel .. or at least an initiative that said " I need a day 1 LG, take one in the first" .. so Groh traded back as many times as he could find a partner.. and took the most athletic LG he could find. I like Strange, he's a rookie so he isn't perfect.. but I think we will see a good year 2 jump from him when he is in the offseason weight program. Have him gain some more muscle and he can hold up better against a rush. From what I hear Kenyon Green has been awful in Houston too.. it's tough for these guys to make the transition year 1, I think we see big improvement next year. 

I also love Chasen Hines, I think he could be a starter too. I know you say Strange at Center like it is a negative.. but I could be totally fine with Hines/Strange/Onwenu in the middle. I just don't think Strange has that kind of experience to be the leader of the OL. 

12 minutes ago, m haynes said:

2. Tyquan Thornton, WR  Has no clue how to play football at the NFL level and he might never reach his potential. He doen's play at 4.2. speed.   I don't blame the kid, I blame BB.  Our offense coaches, wait we don't have any!!!!!  It a shame becasue he could be something down the road.

Thornton is more than just a speedster, he's quick out of his breaks and has been running a lot more routes than just deep verts. I 100000% blame the coaching staff for not being creative in how they use him. MattyP has done a horrendous job of putting guys in a position to succeed.

Look at how MattyP caused Bourne to regress.. same with Hunter Henry.. these poor guys have no chance out there. I give Thornton a lot of credit for even being able to get on the field as much as he has. 

35 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

see a good year 2 jump from him when he is in the offseason weight program

That's the problem, he's what 30 years old.😁 He is maxed out. His draft (several) reports mentioned this concern.  He is not even close being ready to play at a top level,. IMO he never will.

I also love Chasen Hines, I think he could be a starter too. I know you say Strange at Center like it is a negative.. but I could be totally fine with Hines/Strange/Onwenu in the middle

That a different issue. I like that as well but that confirms another wasted high draft choice., which pees me off. I'm still frustrated, A freaking OG_!!!!

he's quick out of his breaks

That I don't agree with. He's quick but he is not even close to using his NFL speed and quickness. Not his fault. To many steps and not using technique. This kid could be Tyrek Hill unstoppable but he need coaching.  Here is what I'm talking about. Draft combine, when Dion and Michel  Irvin brake down the CB and WRs. Dion telling them how to plant their foot when back paddling to get max explosion.  I can see Fat Matt face if he was asked about tech!!!!!!! idiot.😵😵 🤣

Edited by m haynes

Gotta love the double standards this board has.

"You can't write off QBs until their third year"

"But you wrote off Mac Jones after his rookie year...when he made the Pro Bowl and playoffs."

"Well he doesn't have any potential...blah blah blah athleticism...blah blah blah arm talent..."

He made the Pro Bowl and playoffs as a rookie. He spent the offseason improving himself. I still believe in Mac.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2