2018 Comeback Player of the Year?

ET80

14 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Was. I am pessimistic that he won't be the same. Those back injuries are brutal.

Well, I guess Gronk had a back injury in 2010 and he came back and had dominant seasons. I don't know if they're the same injuries. This latest one is his knee, right?

On 11/22/2017 at 3:32 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Well, I guess Gronk had a back injury in 2010 and he came back and had dominant seasons. I don't know if they're the same injuries. This latest one is his knee, right?

Tibial plateau fracture. So, in the general area, but not a ligament based injury... 

46 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Tibial plateau fracture. So, in the general area, but not a ligament based injury... 

Weight baring injury. Must have come down hard on the joint somehow. 

"After 10 to 12 weeks  [So around about now] the bone is expected to be healed. The goals of the physical therapy are to restore the range of motion as early as possible, to improve and restore the strength of the muscles and to restore the stability of the knee. After surgical treatment the indications to start passive mobilization are 0° extension and 90° flexion of the knee. The patient may not bear weight on his leg for 3 months.

"The findings of this study indicate that quadriceps function is impaired for a considerable period following a fracture of the tibial plateau. We found that only 14% of patients achieved normal quadriceps muscle strength at one year, while only 30% had restoration of normal hamstring muscle strength at this time" :(

It's a bad one, but he'll be back - he's a machine B|

Archived