Week 12: San Francisco 49ers vs New Orleans Saints

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

table-3.png

You are a God send sir! Thank you very much!

And this is exactly what I wanted to see. They don't have week 12 updated but we have played less man coverage recently than what we did in the middle of the season. Makes sense and the right move but where the soft coverage has hurt us has been on 3rd down. Not so much yesterday but that has been the trend for a while. If I had to guess, yesterday may have been less than 10% of man coverage. Obviously even on zone defense, you have man principles at certain parts of the field but not playing as much outright man coverage anymore. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hufanga with the third lowest 49er PFF grade on defense is pretty interesting 

Yeah it is. He whiffed big on the play in the backfield, but Warner bailed him out with the FF. Huf did have a real nice open-field tackle on Kamara and the clutch FF on the goal line. 

Maybe he had some missed tackles or coverage issues? It's hard to look at that game and say, yeah Huf didn't play well. 

Possibly another example of PFF being too high and mighty with their grading. Need to see the All-22.

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Yeah it is. He whiffed big on the play in the backfield, but Warner bailed him out with the FF. Huf did have a real nice open-field tackle on Kamara and the clutch FF on the goal line. 

Maybe he had some missed tackles or coverage issues? It's hard to look at that game and say, yeah Huf didn't play well. 

Possibly another example of PFF being too high and mighty with their grading. Need to see the All-22.

They probably knocked Huf for the big play that Shaheed got in the first half. There was supposed to be a safety over the top and it could have been Huf's responsibility. And he did miss that one tackle where Warner got the punchout. I don't think those two plays alone should contribute to his low grade though. 

Even though he finished the game, this is something to pay attention to all week. Remember the last time Jimmy tried to go against the Dolphins when he was banged up? This is a team that will blitz plenty and play man coverage so he's going to have to be on his game. 

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Fred Warner. He makes WOW plays but also doesn't get lost in traffic or caught with his pants down. Plays sound football and also makes the eye-popping plays. 

It's ALWAYS going to be close with Bosa since the latter is so damn good...But I agree, Warner has been UNREAL and he does so much for the defense. Bosa will get more DPOY love and he deserves a lot of attention, but Warner has been just as good. 

Bosa has a chance to have a multiple sack game on Sunday and put himself FIRMLY in the conversation of DPOY. I feel like he gets mentioned but always after the top 2-3 and that change on Sunday. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They probably knocked Huf for the big play that Shaheed got in the first half. There was supposed to be a safety over the top and it could have been Huf's responsibility. And he did miss that one tackle where Warner got the punchout. I don't think those two plays alone should contribute to his low grade though. 

I certainly knocked him by the eye test at the time. But it’s hard to ever know coverage responsibilities for sure.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lombardi 2.0 at it himself....Dude proudly mentions "Sean McVay's Rams" as if they aren't one of the worst offenses in the league LOL.

Speaking of which, it is fairly mindboggling that we are 15th in the league in points per game.