QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Honestly if I’m Green Bay I hold Rodgers hostage. They got a ton of dead cap anyway with the trade i think. Jets give me 2 FRP or no deal lol.

I don't remember who reported it, but it was reported that the Packers just wanted a fair deal.

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You said the Packers' forum is in shambles, which is anything but the case.  Most of us realize that the trade appears inevitable at this point.  And short of a Giant FU to the Jets, he will be a Jet.

Looking ever more likely that he's going to the Jets but nobody truly knows except Rodgers himself. He is a strange guy after all.

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Honestly if I’m Green Bay I hold Rodgers hostage. They got a ton of dead cap anyway with the trade i think. Jets give me 2 FRP or no deal lol.

Dangerous game to play with a man that can completely **** your cap by simply showing up and giving half *** effort. If Rodgers wants to go to the Jets we have no choice.

8 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Dangerous game to play with a man that can completely **** your cap by simply showing up and giving half *** effort. If Rodgers wants to go to the Jets we have no choice.

While true I’d call the bluff if I didn’t get exactly what I wanted. Jets were able to get 2 1s from Seattle for Adams with a similar approach.

I really want to see how this deal ends up. 

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, I think there's a decent chance that Trey Wingo isn't wrong.  I think we could easily have a trade package in place for Rodgers and/or a potential alteration to Rodgers' deal.  The Packers' FO has done quite a bit of reconciliation with Rodgers to the point where they tried to rehab it, and I think last year was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.  Rodgers looked disconnected out there for whatever reason.  I think the Packers weren't going to drag Rodgers through the mud, and Rodgers wouldn't publicly blast the Packers' FO.

Right now, this is a really bad Rock-Papers-Scissors game.  Right now, the Packers need to unload Aaron Rodgers.  A $30M+ cap hit sitting on the bench is poor use of resources and it gets more painful once that option bonus is paid.  The Jets have pretty much sold out for Aaron Rodgers at this point.  Both of their backup options in Derek Carr and Jimmy G are long gone.  And Lamar Jackson market seems even colder than Aaron Rodgers' market.  It's literally Rodgers or bust, and Woody Johnson already committed to finding a new QB.  There's no way they can come back with Zach Wilson as their starting QB.  And Rodgers doesn't want to finish his career as a backup QB.  It's either the Jets or retirement at this point.

LIS?  as in laughing in silence?  Nothin is funny about Rodgers' situation.😖

I don't remember Wingo said Rodgers would play in 2023.  Only trade was done. It implied Rodgers would play. 

I firmly believe Packers, Jets and Rodgers agreed to make the decision by 4pm tomorrow.  Only thing that is annoying is Rodgers has time to troll us.  If he wants to play in 2023 just says it. Simple.

I think it is silly to assume Rodgers awaiting for Jets to get his favorite players because if Jets got him they would do anything in their power to assemble the offensive unit to make it workable for Rodgers.  Jets should already know that Rodgers is not keen of having young WR room.

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

LIS?  as in laughing in silence?  Nothin is funny about Rodgers' situation.😖

I don't remember Wingo said Rodgers would play in 2023.  Only trade was done. It implied Rodgers would play. 

I firmly believe Packers, Jets and Rodgers agreed to make the decision by 4pm tomorrow.  Only thing that is annoying is Rodgers has time to troll us.  If he wants to play in 2023 just says it. Simple.

I think it is silly to assume Rodgers awaiting for Jets to get his favorite players because if Jets got him they would do anything in their power to assemble the offensive unit to make it workable for Rodgers.  Jets should already know that Rodgers is not keen of having young WR room.

Like I said.

There's a small possibility that Rodgers is leveraging his stature into getting his paid.  I'm not sure that's a good look for his agent if he were to create a market for his friends only to end up retiring instead.   You have to imagine the Jets (and other teams) might try to avoid dealing with David Dunn (his agent) as much as possible.

I think the most likely scenario is that Aaron Rodgers wants to wait to see the Jets fulfill their promise(s) to him before he commits to the Jets.  There was a distinct lack of trust in the FO up until the last year (or so).  And that was part of what caused the Schefter report to come out.  What's stopping the Jets from reneging on signing his friends (i.e. Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis, etc.) after he agrees to a trade?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

While true I’d call the bluff if I didn’t get exactly what I wanted. Jets were able to get 2 1s from Seattle for Adams with a similar approach.

I really want to see how this deal ends up. 

Jamal Adams was 24, not almost 40. Rodgers is either coming back to Green Bay or getting shipped out for next to nothing.

9 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Jamal Adams was 24, not almost 40. Rodgers is either coming back to Green Bay or getting shipped out for next to nothing.

It's insane you managed to put out two very wrong answers, and limited yourself to exactly that.  Impressive.

Just now, StatKing said:

If we get more than a third round pick for him I'd be pleasantly surprised.

At the very least, the Brett Favre trade is what I'd consider the bare minimum for Rodgers.  And I think the biggest problem that people seem to be ignoring is that Rodgers retirement dead cap is the same as his trade dead cap, but the Packers could spread that dead cap over 2 years instead of just 1.  For that reason alone, the Jets would likely need to add value.

29 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Nothing to do with age more from a leverage standpoint. Douglas couldn’t bring Adams back to this team after how he acted and still netted max value. 

Packers know the Jets have to get this done now, if I’m them I try and milk as much as I can. I’d want the Jets to do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

5 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is a good sign if you ask me.

It’s clear as day that he’s playing in 2023. So he’s a Jet. Just trying to get as many guys as he’d like to play around him. Maybe the Jets didn’t want that OLineman. Maybe that OLineman wanted too much money.

I think JD wants to bring in guys that can only entice AR, but that also help this team. He’s not just going to Theo money out here at guys that he doesn’t think are worth it. Or that we don’t need.

Lazard helps us even if we don’t have AR. That as of now is the only guy we’ve signed. Lewis and Cobb if signed are dirty pieces that cost nothing.

• Like 1

I keep reading this thing about that we cant announce AR until Wednesday. That if we did it before then, we'd have to clear out that 56mill he's owed. But after the 17th we don't have to have that space available.

Not sure how true it is.

It also shouldn't stop us from announcing it. You can announce it, but not make it official until then. I mean we traded for Clark 6 days ago, yet he isn't actually a Jet until later today.