QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

23 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Ah yes, FO for one of the worst run franchises in the NFL should talk down to one of the best run FO. Enjoy not making the playoffs for the 13th year in a row since you wanna act "New York"(even though you're located in Jersey)

Things are starting to get a little emotional I see

Go ahead, keep him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sinceAtikevike said:

Probably won't be any since Rodgers picked you all. No team is giving up assets to pay $60M in cash this year to potentially incur huge dead cap charges in a year or three all for a guy who wants to play for NY.

My post was sarcastic. Packers fans seem to think they can move him elsewhere if they have to

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

My post was sarcastic. Packers fans seem to think they can move him elsewhere if they have to

I gotcha. Weird they would think that considering every team in the league already did its due diligence on trading for him. The teams that backed out aren't coming back to the table now that he has publicly committed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sinceAtikevike said:

Probably won't be any since Rodgers picked you all. No team is giving up assets to pay $60M in cash this year to potentially incur huge dead cap charges in a year or three all for a guy who wants to play for NY.

Why are you as a Vikes fan even on here commenting about Jets stuff? You have nothing better to do?

Just now, CWood21 said:

At this point, is there anything to suggest that there won't be another team that might trade for him?

Yes. The FACT that there in no other team trying to trade for him.

Have you ever thought that Rodgers might say he doesn't want to meet with another team that wants to trade for him?

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Yes. The FACT that there in no other team trying to trade for him.

Have you ever thought that Rodgers might say he doesn't want to meet with another team that wants to trade for him?

Do you truly believe he's dead set on joining the Jets?  Or do you think another team (like San Francisco) could convince him to want to join their franchise as well?

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Why are you as a Vikes fan even on here commenting about Jets stuff? You have nothing better to do?

I have nothing better to do; my collar is white and my calendar is empty. Nobody at work is trying to leverage their upward revenue stream dynamics with my labor this week.

Obviously, I'm subscribing to a division rivals trade outcome. I think GB fans are hopeful, but everyone knows they can't carry him this year and the entire league (aside from NY) backed out already.

Just now, CWood21 said:

At this point, is there anything to suggest that there won't be another team that might trade for him?

Well let's look around at teams that need QBs, that are deemed playoff ready and have the cap space to pull a deal off.  Oakland signed Jimmy.  Tampa is cap strapped and sign Baker.  Baltimore?  Their fan base would riot?  NE?  Saints signed Carr.  Who are you thinking is looking for a 2 year rental?

Then let's look at the fact that Rodgers can essentially block the trade by threatening to retire and no you guys really dont have much to go on.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

See what I’m talking about?

If the GB front office is using this same tact it won't work. The hard money nature of the contract forces this.

If GB comes out with "we really prefer post-June for the cap flexibility but we're happy to move him earlier if we meet in the middle" they might gain traction on a win-win trade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Do you truly believe he's dead set on joining the Jets?  Or do you think another team (like San Francisco) could convince him to want to join their franchise as well?

Why would SF trade your asking price for him though? Purdy might be ready for Week 1. And even if he misses time it wont be much.

There's teams that could chime in. If they wanted to... wouldn't they have already?

And with the price tag you guys seem to want. That will keep a ton a teams away anyway.

Jets make sense for a trade bc we're starved for a playoff team and furthermore a SB run. Not every team is starved like that. So the desperation for a 39yr old doesn't make sense with trading valuable picks for most teams.

Furthermore the longer this goes on and the more guys we add. Makes it where he wants to come here more. Let's say we add OBJ or even Hopkins. How are we not the most attractive team for him?

11 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

See what I’m talking about?

Let me get this straight.  Packers' fans can't be optimistic that there is another team out there that might want to trade for Aaron Rodgers, but Jets' fans can be that they'd turn to Zach Wilson if the Packers are unreasonable?  Gotcha.