QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. This notion that if we tell GB to screw off that Wilson is our starter is hilarious. Like we can’t kick the tires on Lamar. See what the trade market looks like with Stafford, Cousins (maybe even some guys we have no clue that could be dealt) and as last resort we’d still have guys like Ryan, Bridgewater and Wentz to turn to.

We were a 7-4 team last year with Flacco and Wilson starting for us before injuries hit us and Wilson digressed. We’re a playoff team with a healthy roster and average QB play

I get why he brings it up though. It’s the only (weak) “leverage” they have in this 

13 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I get why he brings it up though. It’s the only (weak) “leverage” they have in this 

Which I find hilarious.

They went from Favre to Rodgers seamlessly… I laugh that they hope it’s the same with Love. They don’t know what bad QB is like. And I had 0 against GB before this whole sage. Now I hope they go in QB hell for a decade after this.

Grass is greener with Love? Good luck.

I'm at the point where I feel like a pick swap in round one, plus one of our seconds is the most if be willing to do.

If the Packers wanna play stupid games, Just screw it and get rivers out of retirement or bring in Winton or Ryan and just run it. Let them figure out how to fit Rodgers cap number in without causing it to tank their season while they are trying to figure out if Love is any good.

• Like 2

Still no Rodgers?    Is anyone catching the Doumeyer virus?

I know I can't tell you what to do with forums but I suggest you stop making **** up about what is holding up the trade.   Rodgers will be a Jet in June. There is no another way around.  Until then, be pals and talk about unheard draft prospects.😡

You all need to stop with the mental gymnastics trying to convince yourselves there is a better option.

Carson Wentz? LOL

Matt Ryan? Did you watch him play the last few years?

Kirk Cousins? Mr. Primetime himself! Probably not available anyway.

Matthew Stafford coming off a serious neck injury. LOL

The only one who was mentioned with talent is Lamar Jackson. Except him running Nathaniel Hackett's offense is a train wreck waiting to happen. There is also the situation where Baltimore will let you do the negotiating and then match your offer. 

Those who are pretending you'd actually go back to Zach Wilson are truly delusional. 

This process started for two reasons from the Jets standpoint. One, you believe you are a quarterback away from contending. May or may not be true. Two, your owner spoke publicly about his willingness to give up 2 - 1st for Rodgers. 

We may not get your first, but this doesn't have to be a race to the bottom with some of these ridiculous suggestions about who you could turn to. You don't actually believe it either. 

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Still no Rodgers?    Is anyone catching the Doumeyer virus?

I know I can't tell you what to do with forums but I suggest you stop making **** up about what is holding up the trade.   Rodgers will be a Jet in June. There is no another way around.  Until then, be pals and talk about unheard draft prospects.😡

If that were the case, which would involve no draft capital in 2023. The Packers would make the trade now with a June 1st designation. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

If that were the case, which would involve no draft capital in 2023. The Packers would make the trade now with a June 1st designation. 

no designation for trade.  That is why both teams are sitting back and waiting until the time is right.  No 2023 draft compensation included for sure.

19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You all need to stop with the mental gymnastics trying to convince yourselves there is a better option.

Carson Wentz? LOL

The only one who was mentioned with talent is Lamar Jackson. Except him running Nathaniel Hackett's offense is a train wreck waiting to happen. There is also the situation where Baltimore will let you do the negotiating and then match your offer. 

Those who are pretending you'd actually go back to Zach Wilson are truly delusional. 

This process started for two reasons from the Jets standpoint. One, you believe you are a quarterback away from contending. May or may not be true. Two, your owner spoke publicly about his willingness to give up 2 - 1st for Rodgers. 

We may not get your first, but this doesn't have to be a race to the bottom with some of these ridiculous suggestions about who you could turn to. You don't actually believe it either. 

We would have mental tournament if Rodgers had an epiphany after knocking Mallory up. lol

Edited by JetsandI

38 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Carson Wentz? LOL

So we give a good 6 options that are all 100% realistic for us.

Yet GB has 0 other teams interested (and like to play the illusion card that they “might” get other teams interested) and don’t (and really can’t) want AR on the roster.

And we’re the ones being ridiculous.

Troll elsewhere.

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

-Good Will Hunting-

Just now, Bobby816 said:

So we give a good 6 options that are all 100% realistic for us.

Yet GB has 0 other teams interested (and like to play the illusion card that they “might” get other teams interested) and don’t (and really can’t) want AR on the roster.

And we’re the ones being ridiculous.

Troll elsewhere.

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

Its not your fault

-Good Will Hunting-

Six good options? What is your goal with these other 'good' options? A winning record? 

Not trolling but if you don't like reality that is on you not me. 

Your ownership and management thing you have a Super Bowl roster with a great quarterback under center. None of those guys you mentioned fit that bill. 

That is reality, and it bites sometimes. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

no designation for trade.  That is why both teams are sitting back and waiting until the time is right.  No 2023 draft compensation included for sure.

Starting to think the same thing although it wouldn't surprise me if we see a draft day trade as well. Maybe there is someone the Jets really love but if he is off the board  they trade a pick whether first or 2nd who knows..... At this point i'm fairly certain both teams have the draft compensation understood for the most part and the Packers prefer a post June 1st trade. Who knows though. 

The only thing i'm pretty sure of is both fan bases have lost there marbles when it comes to this. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Six good options? What is your goal with these other 'good' options? A winning record? 

Not trolling but if you don't like reality that is on you not me. 

Your ownership and management thing you have a Super Bowl roster with a great quarterback under center. None of those guys you mentioned fit that bill. 

That is reality, and it bites sometimes. 

We were 7-4 at a point last year with Flacco and Wilson as our QBs. Beating teams like BUF and such.

So yes an average QB makes us a playoff team. So when names like Ryan, Stafford, Bridgewater and such come up. That likely makes us a playoff team. That 100% is a fallback plan for us. I see no way that Wilson is our week 1 starter. So this notion that if we don’t pony up a 1st have fun with Zach. Is a garbage argument. We have options.

Please tell me the options GB has!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think that the Jets gave their trade offer to GB and GB gave the Jets theirs. Then they tried to get to the middle ground. The Jets gave GB the final offer and GB is not happy with it. GB is hoping that a team that misses on a QB trades for him but this is a long shot because Rodgers can say no. The Jets wait and see what QB falls to them. Eho knows if Levi is there ar say 8 or 9 the Jets have those two second round picks and could make a move. But in the end Rodgers is a Jet and Lazard would not have signed unless he was 100% sure Rodgers would be there. 

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm starting to think that the Jets gave their trade offer to GB and GB gave the Jets theirs. Then they tried to get to the middle ground. The Jets gave GB the final offer and GB is not happy with it. GB is hoping that a team that misses on a QB trades for him but this is a long shot because Rodgers can say no. The Jets wait and see what QB falls to them. Eho knows if Levi is there ar say 8 or 9 the Jets have those two second round picks and could make a move. But in the end Rodgers is a Jet and Lazard would not have signed unless he was 100% sure Rodgers would be there. 

No way we draft a QB high. Can’t see Thai thing lasting to the draft. GB knows any draft capital they get us better this draft than next. Our 2nd at 43 will be better than our 2nd next year in the 60s

The thing is, it doesn't matter if we wait or not. Rodgers is going to be our QB, that is a fact. The league will not allow it to drag to September, so thinking that is a realistic outcome is insane. And I think Rodgers would make it ugly at that point.

Jets do not want to trade 13, they want to add a starter with that pick. 

In the last 10 drafts, the 13th pick has produced as many Pro Bowl players (eight) as the No. 1 pick, according to data from Pro Football Reference.

That is why you don't trade 13, you can get a good player.