QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

You don't think the contract is movable?

I don’t think you sign a guy in FA to a pretty good contract and trade them before they ever take a snap for you. And you really think AR and McDaniels would work together? No way. There’s a reason Jimmy G is there. Bc he’s pretty much the only guy that can work with the guy. And even that was several years ago and likely won’t work.

Not sure that’s ever happened where a team traded a guy the same off-season they signed the same guy in FA.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

We want AR to be a SB contender.

This is why we have the leverage. Your GM, coach and owner wants to be a Super Bowl contender. You missed on the 2nd overall selection 2 years ago and the HC and GM don't have enough time to try and develop one. They need to win. By win, I don' mean limp into the playoffs and lose in the first round. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t think you sign a guy in FA to a pretty good contract and trade them before they ever take a snap for you. And you really think AR and McDaniels would work together? No way. There’s a reason Jimmy G is there. Bc he’s pretty much the only guy that can work with the guy. And even that was several years ago and likely won’t work.

Not sure that’s ever happened where a team traded a guy the same off-season they signed the same guy in FA.

Jets did that.. Name has escaped me.

edit.    Teddy Bridgewater in 2018.  500k signing bonus plus up to 15m in total for one year.

Edited by JetsandI

16 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is why we have the leverage. Your GM, coach and owner wants to be a Super Bowl contender. You missed on the 2nd overall selection 2 years ago and the HC and GM don't have enough time to try and develop one. They need to win. By win, I don' mean limp into the playoffs and lose in the first round. 

I assure you a playoff berth in any fashion saves both of their jobs 

• Jets are taking great risk with move: 
    a) Whole reason Love was drafted in first place was Rodgers was declining. Nobody expected the two great seasons. Rodgers was supposed to be a bridge to Love.  Rodgers played bad most of last year.  He was a reason they were losing.  No one has any idea if Rodgers can play like he did two years back AND again through playoffs which he didn’t do in GB either MVP year.   He laid big eggs when it counted most.

b) Jets are taking a lot of money off GBs hands in        exchange for oldest QB in league coming off a bad season.  Any injury at this age is slow to heal. 

c) Keeping Rodgers now is too awkward for all parties. 

• Rodgers deserves to be able to leave on his terms if GB doesn’t want him any longer. They should lesson price for well over a decade of service.  Other vet legends historically have not been so option squeezed on way out like Favre and Rodgers have been.  If very longtime QB didn’t ask to leave and you want him gone you shouldn’t be overly complicating their destination of choice.
  • Giving up a first and second to Balt. for Jackson is arguably much better option given age difference.  Jackson can ascend still.  Rodgers is on decline.  Rodgers at near 60 million is actually more expensive than Jackson for 2023.  You just have to willing to play a different style of football.  You don’t even have to actually do it if that makes you uncomfortable.  Just publicly start negotiations. Minute you actually start making other serious plans of any kind at QB that draft price will drop like a rock.  
  • I think it is not unlikely that Hooker could do well on a loaded team.  A lot of young QBs like Hooker do well in good circumstances.  2 more first round selections will help a great deal toward that end.  Hooker can likely be had in 2nd. after two very good players are added to roster. 
  • Even though I made above arguments, none of this is even really necessary as all Jets have to do is wait to get their price.  GB is never going to pay Rodgers 60 mil for this year to not play and they don’t want him to play.  They will give him away to anyone at all first.  But it is annoying and rude to fans and team and Rodgers.  Rodgers can be getting to know teammates and informally meeting and practicing.  Plans can be made.  

It would be funny if they did get stuck holding the bag after trying to be greedy. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Matt Ryan is a FA: that’s a fact

Teddy Bridgewater is a FA: that’s a fact

Carson Wentz is a FA: that’s a fact.

That alone is 3 facts that can’t be argued. That are options for us.

That’s without bringing up guys like Jackson, Stafford, Cousins.

2 of the 3 were worse than Zach Wilson was last year.  Facts.  1 only played because of injuries last year.  Facts.  There's no iota of evidence that the Rams are seriously considering moving Matthew Stafford.  Facts.  There's no proof that that the Vikings are seriously moving Kirk Cousins.  Facts.  You want to talk about facts?

So state me the facts if teams that are 100% interested and trying to get Rodgers? And then please state your options from there that are facts and make sense.

Interesting.  You can speculate and make opinions, but I have to speak 100% in terms of facts.  It's amazing how that one works.

If you had options I’d agree with you

And ironically, I'd say the same thing to you.  If you think you're sniffing a Super Bowl or even an AFC Championship appearance with Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, or Teddy Bridgewater as your starting QB, I'd love to know what you're having.

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I'm sure the league would allow this to drag on when they could schedule the Jets to many prime time games as the Jets are a big market team and if they are relevant they generate money. 

Rodgers told Douglas to not make the trade until the price drops, Rodgers could easily make this ugly if that is what the Packers want. 

The NFL has absolutely ZERO ability to intervene. 

And please let there be communication between Rodgers and the Jets.  The tampering punishment would be glorious.  Imagine forfeiting picks AND not getting Rodgers.

Our QB play was dead last in the league and we barely missed the playoffs. Sorry that is not getting a star QB doesn’t fit your narrative. But fact is is an average QB likely has us as a playoff team. So when I see those average QBs they’re better than what we have. So yes we’re a better team with them at QB than Wilson.

Is your goal to win a Super Bowl or simply make the playoffs?

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Is your goal to win a Super Bowl or simply make the playoffs?

Our goal is to make the playoffs if we have a QB that that’s his ceiling. Our goal is to win a SB if we have a QB capable.

We’re 2 totally different franchises. We haven’t been to the playoffs in 12 years. Our goal last year was to play meaningful game win December. Which we did. You don’t go from drafting 2nd overall a couple years ago to SB. Normally something weird happened for that to be the case (I.e. drafting Luck 1st overall when Manning was out the whole year previous).

As I stated I guess I get that GB has no clue what not having a QB is like. I had 0 issue with GB previous to this saga. Now besides the Jets being good… I’d love nothing more than to see you guys be in QB hell for year.

Still finding it absolutely hilarious that about 5-6 GB fans have chimes in over here over the last day or 2 and I’ve in bold asked all of you what other options do you guys have that are facts, not hopes (I.e. us saying we can trade for Burrow if we miss out on AR). And not a single person has answered that question.

Bahahahhahahahhahaha

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Our goal is to make the playoffs if we have a QB that that’s his ceiling. Our goal is to win a SB if we have a QB capable.

Are you as a fan content with "playoff appearances" every year?  I mean, if that's your goal as a franchise all the power to you.  But don't complain when you're in the QB purgatory and not good enough to win a championship.  Just ask Vikings' fans how that feels.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As I stated I guess I get that GB has no clue what not having a QB is like. I had 0 issue with GB previous to this saga. Now besides the Jets being good… I’d love nothing more than to see you guys be in QB hell for year.

Again, if just having a "competent" QB was the need then the Jets would have signed either Derek Carr or Jimmy G.  Fortunately for Jets' fans, ownership (and FO personnel) aren't going to settle for simply making the playoffs.  They're trying to win the Super Bowl.  And maybe Jordan Love isn't the franchise QB that Packers' fans hope is.  But I'd rather strike out trying to win a Super Bowl than consistently make the playoffs but never come close to winning a Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Still finding it absolutely hilarious that about 5-6 GB fans have chimes in over here over the last day or 2 and I’ve in bold asked all of you what other options do you guys have that are facts, not hopes (I.e. us saying we can trade for Burrow if we miss out on AR). And not a single person has answered that question.

Yet you're the one spouting about how Lamar Jackson can be signed.  Or that the Jets can trade for Kirk Cousins or Matthew Stafford.  Yet there's no evidence that any of those players are realistic possibilities.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Are you as a fan content with "playoff appearances" every year?  I mean, if that's your goal as a franchise all the power to you.  But don't complain when you're in the QB purgatory and not good enough to win a championship.  Just ask Vikings' fans how that feels.

Again, if just having a "competent" QB was the need then the Jets would have signed either Derek Carr or Jimmy G.  Fortunately for Jets' fans, ownership (and FO personnel) aren't going to settle for simply making the playoffs.  They're trying to win the Super Bowl.  And maybe Jordan Love isn't the franchise QB that Packers' fans hope is.  But I'd rather strike out trying to win a Super Bowl than consistently make the playoffs but never come close to winning a Super Bowl.

Yet you're the one spouting about how Lamar Jackson can be signed.  Or that the Jets can trade for Kirk Cousins or Matthew Stafford.  Yet there's no evidence that any of those players are realistic possibilities.

Hahaha. Conveniently leaving out the FAs I mentioned 1st and foremost every post about our options.

Comical

And yet still another post about no REAL options for you guys coming into our board about real options beside pipe dreams like us wishing for Burrow or Herbert.