QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

39 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The league is absolutely NOT going to get involved in team-to-team trade discussions.  There's 0% chance of that happening.  So the notion that Goodell is going to suddenly come in and make the Packers trade Rodgers to the Jets is a pipe dream.

I'm sure the league would allow this to drag on when they could schedule the Jets to many prime time games as the Jets are a big market team and if they are relevant they generate money. 

Rodgers told Douglas to not make the trade until the price drops, Rodgers could easily make this ugly if that is what the Packers want. 

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Matt Ryan is a FA: that’s a fact

Benched for Sam Ehlinger

Teddy Bridgewater is a FA: that’s a fact

Purgatory QB

Carson Wentz is a FA: that’s a fact.

Benched for Taylor Heinicke

That alone is 3 facts that can’t be argued. That are options for us.

That’s without bringing up guys like Jackson, Stafford, Cousins.

Both Stafford and Cousins cost their respective teams way more to trade than to keep.  Those ships have very likely sailed.

You want to pay Lamar $50M per year fully guaranteed and give up 2 firsts?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ok tell me all the teams trying to get him then? Because in FACTS there’s 1 and we’re that team.

Just because you're not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

Are you calling Aaron Rodgers a liar? He said other teams are/were interested. 

13 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Benched for Sam Ehlinger

Purgatory QB

Benched for Taylor Heinicke

Both Stafford and Cousins cost their respective teams way more to trade than to keep.  Those ships have very likely sailed.

You want to pay Lamar $50M per year fully guaranteed and give up 2 firsts?

Our QB play was dead last in the league and we barely missed the playoffs. Sorry that is not getting a star QB doesn’t fit your narrative. But fact is is an average QB likely has us as a playoff team. So when I see those average QBs they’re better than what we have. So yes we’re a better team with them at QB than Wilson.

And yes if the demand from you guys is a 1st plus for a 39 year old when we could get a 26 year old for 2 1st it’s a no brained. But it’s not that simple. We just don’t offer Lamar 50mill and agree to 2 1st and he’s ours. That’s not how that tag works. So that likely isn’t a realistic option for us. BAL likely out that tag on him knowing no team will give him the deal he wants. And if a team did. They’d match. 

I’ll continue to ask now like the 5th GB fan coming over to our forum what options do you have that are FACTS?!?!

No one can seem to answer this, which that alone is comical.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Just because you're not aware of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

Are you calling Aaron Rodgers a liar? He said other teams are/were interested. 

Hahaha. This is comedic gold. So you have no teams. Are you talking about LV before the signed JimmyG. Doesn’t take a genius to know that’s changed.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Hahaha. This is comedic gold. So you have no teams. Are you talking about LV before the signed JimmyG. Doesn’t take a genius to know that’s changed.

Reading comprehension isn't the strength here is it. 😬

Just gonna bow out of here. There isn't anything smart being discussed here.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Reading comprehension isn't the strength here is it. 😬

Just gonna bow out of here. There isn't anything smart being discussed here.

Speak in facts. No teams are trying to trade for AR besides us.

If there was it’d be idiotic for GB to not already have them talk to AR.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Speak in facts. No teams are trying to trade for AR besides us.

If there was it’d be idiotic for GB to not already have them talk to AR.

Hey man believe what you want. I think Aaron is intentionally misleading/dishonest as well. One of the big reasons I've been ready for him to move on. It's just a little weird to me that Jets fans simultaneously want him in their team and think he's a liar like you do.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We were 7-4 at a point last year with Flacco and Wilson as our QBs. Beating teams like BUF and such.

So yes an average QB makes us a playoff team. So when names like Ryan, Stafford, Bridgewater and such come up. That likely makes us a playoff team. That 100% is a fallback plan for us. I see no way that Wilson is our week 1 starter. So this notion that if we don’t pony up a 1st have fun with Zach. Is a garbage argument. We have options.

Please tell me the options GB has!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Ryan isn't an option over anybody. Did you not see him play last year? The Rams picked up Stafford optional bonus so he's off the market. Teddy Two Gloves is as JAG as JAG gets. Carson Wentz, LOL! GO for it!

We have our quarterback and 2023 is a reset year. If you don't think there are going to be teams looking for a quarterback after the draft, you must not have watched the NFL for the past 50 years. 

Time is on our side because we aren't looking for a quarterback to play this year. You have to get your quarterback in house to start learning the offense and getting comfortable with your WRs. Much less, if it's not Rodgers, learn Hackett's offense. 

Best of luck on that endeavor.

On a serious note, I feel bad for your fanbase. You guys actually don't know what it is like to have a franchise quarterback and you deserve better than thant Just pony up and you'll have one. For probably two years. 

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Our QB play was dead last in the league and we barely missed the playoffs. Sorry that is not getting a star QB doesn’t fit your narrative. But fact is is an average QB likely has us as a playoff team. So when I see those average QBs they’re better than what we have. So yes we’re a better team with them at QB than Wilson.

Is that the end goal for the Jets,  making the playoffs? Seems like settling short

And yes if the demand from you guys is a 1st plus for a 39 year old when we could get a 26 year old for 2 1st it’s a no brained. But it’s not that simple. We just don’t offer Lamar 50mill and agree to 2 1st and he’s ours. That’s not how that tag works. So that likely isn’t a realistic option for us. BAL likely out that tag on him knowing no team will give him the deal he wants. And if a team did. They’d match. 

So why list Jackson as an option if Rodgers doesn't work out when you actually don't think he is an option?  That is the point some are trying to make.  

I’ll continue to ask now like the 5th GB fan coming over to our forum what options do you have that are FACTS?!?!

No one can seem to answer this, which that alone is comical.

I'm not sure what option you are asking about.  GB has a QB. 

Rodgers returns, competes with Love.

Love or Rodgers starts.  Maybe Rodgers plays 2023 and retires.  He has indicated being open to reworking his contract. 

Not ideal, but it's an option.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Garoppolo could be traded pretty easy for LV if necessary.  Unlikely but not impossible 

31 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Is that the end goal for the Jets,  making the playoffs? Seems like settling short

So why list Jackson as an option if Rodgers doesn't work out when you actually don't think he is an option?  That is the point some are trying to make.  

I'm not sure what option you are asking about.  GB has a QB. 

Rodgers returns, competes with Love.

Love or Rodgers starts.  Maybe Rodgers plays 2023 and retires.  He has indicated being open to reworking his contract. 

Not ideal, but it's an option.

Finding it hilarious you think having Love is having a QB

56 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Matt Ryan isn't an option over anybody. Did you not see him play last year? The Rams picked up Stafford optional bonus so he's off the market. Teddy Two Gloves is as JAG as JAG gets. Carson Wentz, LOL! GO for it!

We have our quarterback and 2023 is a reset year. If you don't think there are going to be teams looking for a quarterback after the draft, you must not have watched the NFL for the past 50 years. 

Time is on our side because we aren't looking for a quarterback to play this year. You have to get your quarterback in house to start learning the offense and getting comfortable with your WRs. Much less, if it's not Rodgers, learn Hackett's offense. 

Best of luck on that endeavor.

On a serious note, I feel bad for your fanbase. You guys actually don't know what it is like to have a franchise quarterback and you deserve better than thant Just pony up and you'll have one. For probably two years. 

Go look at our QB play last year and we were 7-4 before we had some key guys go down for the season.

We’re a playoff team with average QB play. We haven’t been to the playoffs in 12 years. So yes making the playoffs is an achievement for us. Obviously getting a good/great QB puts us into a bigger conversation like SB. But just not garbage QB play improves us.

We want AR to be a SB contender. We don’t need AR to be a playoff team. Matt Ryan or Teddy Bridgewater could likely do that for us. And they cost us a fraction of what AR does money wise and no draft capital. Clearly we’re shooting for higher than that. But the notion that if we miss on AR that it’s good luck with Wilson is false. And that seems to be GB fans reaction when we say you’re not getting a 1st (seems what our FO is saying as well). Is that we’d rather roll with a vet than give you a 1st. But at least that’s an option.

Whats GB options? We walk away bc you won’t accept our 2nd and a conditional pick. What’s next? Rodgers reports and you not only have to pay him, but also have to deceive who’s starting now? How’s that going to go? Can’t force him to retire. So don’t want to hear that. Your options are pay AR and have a QB controversy or trade him for the best offer out there. And guess what? There’s only 1 offer out there.