QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

No rush ? If you don’t get this done before the draft, a trade isn’t going to be done until after June 1st for salary reasons.

You guys really wanna wait until Summer to get your starting QB acclimated ? 

I mean Favre came in August. The Jets don’t seem worried about it. And the offer will probably be less at that point.

6 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I mean Favre came in August. The Jets don’t seem worried about it. And the offer will probably be less at that point.

Probably wouldn’t be helpful waiting longer. 

I’m not so sure that it’s going to get lower. I think after the draft especially if no trade happens than GB opens up talks with other teams/ teams could be more interested knowing their situation more 

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Probably wouldn’t be helpful waiting longer. 

I’m not so sure that it’s going to get lower. I think after the draft especially if no trade happens than GB opens up talks with other teams/ teams could be more interested knowing their situation more 

Sure, another team wanting him changes everything. But if there is no other team, the Jets can most certainly lower their offer, as they should.

42 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Sure, another team wanting him changes everything. But if there is no other team, the Jets can most certainly lower their offer, as they should.

Interesting . Who do you think stands to lose more by not doing the trade and GB can’t find anyone else?

From my perspective ; if for some reason nobody wants Rodgers, it would most certainly suck to have to eat the contract. I’m sure that’s be a very bitter pill to swallow. However, the key to the future is Jordan Love. And if he proves to be the QBOTF, nobody is going to really think about the non trade.

and on the flip side, let’s say we do get a good compensation and Jordan stinks, Packer fans are still going to be bitter.

Our main priority of the future is Jordan Love. Good compensation or not, everything depends on him. 

On your end, you don’t get Rodgers, your FO looks incompetent . You have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for a starter (Wentz, Ryan). You have a bad year and Saleh and Douglas are fired. New regime , kinda a reset (for lack of a better term ) . 

33 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Interesting . Who do you think stands to lose more by not doing the trade and GB can’t find anyone else?

From my perspective ; if for some reason nobody wants Rodgers, it would most certainly suck to have to eat the contract. I’m sure that’s be a very bitter pill to swallow. However, the key to the future is Jordan Love. And if he proves to be the QBOTF, nobody is going to really think about the non trade.

and on the flip side, let’s say we do get a good compensation and Jordan stinks, Packer fans are still going to be bitter.

Our main priority of the future is Jordan Love. Good compensation or not, everything depends on him. 

On your end, you don’t get Rodgers, your FO looks incompetent . You have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for a starter (Wentz, Ryan). You have a bad year and Saleh and Douglas are fired. New regime , kinda a reset (for lack of a better term ) . 

Are you saying that Green Bay would eat the contract, rather than move him for the Jets final offer if they don’t like it? That’s pure fan fiction IMO and an easy thing to say when the money isn’t coming out of your pocket and it’s not your reputation at stake. It would be a sh*t storm for your GM. Who knows what Rodgers would even do. Do you think reconciliation is possible? What do you do with Jordan Love?

I think if it goes past the draft and Green Bay can’t find anyone else it shifts completely in the Jets favor. I think this is a risk the Jets are willing to take. I personally think the other “teams” Rodgers was referring to was the Raiders. But if I was Douglas, I’m just waiting your FO out. Just my opinion and how I would play it.

13 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Are you saying that Green Bay would eat the contract, rather than move him for the Jets final offer if they don’t like it? That’s pure fan fiction IMO and an easy thing to say when the money isn’t coming out of your pocket and it’s not your reputation at stake. It would be a sh*t storm for your GM. Who knows what Rodgers would even do. Do you think reconciliation is possible? What do you do with Jordan Love?

I think if it goes past the draft and Green Bay can’t find anyone else it shifts completely in the Jets favor. I think this is a risk the Jets are willing to take. I personally think the other “teams” Rodgers was referring to was the Raiders. But if I was Douglas, I’m just waiting your FO out. Just my opinion and how I would play it.

I think it’s a next to 0% chance no team wants Aaron Rodgers . So if you’re Joe Douglas, are you going to risk your job by trying to ‘wait out’ our FO? Doesn’t seem to be the best career move. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I think it’s a next to 0% chance no team wants Aaron Rodgers . So if you’re Joe Douglas, are you going to risk your job by trying to ‘wait out’ our FO? Doesn’t seem to be the best career move. 

I am. I really don’t think there’s any other teams wanting to pay him that kind of money and has a situation he wants to go into. San Fran seems like the only long shot. He could also then choose to up the offer at that point if Rodgers is willing to go to said team. And if that team doesn’t emerge, my offer drops substantially if it drags into camp because you chose to play hardball.

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I am. I really don’t think there’s any other teams wanting to pay him that kind of money and has a situation he wants to go into. San Fran seems like the only long shot. He could also then choose to up the offer at that point if Rodgers is willing to go to said team. And if that team doesn’t emerge, my offer drops substantially if it drags into camp because you chose to play hardball.

I really don’t know how you could come to that conclusion given the history of teams trading for bad QBs.. and again Jordan Love plays well, nobody really cares about the compensation. If you don’t get Aaron, your FO gets fired. Seems like one situation is better than the other…

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Packers GM came out and said a first round pick isn't necessary lol

Seems money is a holdup maybe more do than compensation. I think we give them 43 and a conditional pick in 2024. But how the money gets worked out isn’t settled. And that’s where the hold up is.

13 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I really don’t know how you could come to that conclusion given the history of teams trading for bad QBs.. and again Jordan Love plays well, nobody really cares about the compensation. If you don’t get Aaron, your FO gets fired. Seems like one situation is better than the other…

How much history is there of trading for a 40 year old that you have to pay that much for? That contract is an albatross, this is not your run of the mill trade, so I’m calling your bluff. Show me the other teams.

And not acquiring Rodgers doesn’t automatically mean he’s fired. Woody will ultimately make the decision regarding the trade in the end. Douglas isn’t coming back to him like “well I tried and couldn’t get it done.” If the defense and a game manager and squeak into the 7th seed, he’s probably getting extended honestly. Woody is pretty patient.

Until you can bring another team into the mix, this is where we are.

Edited by GangGreen420

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

How much history is there of trading for a 40 year old that you have to pay that much for? That contract is an albatross, this is not your run of the mill trade, so I’m calling your bluff. Show me the other teams.

And not acquiring Rodgers doesn’t automatically mean he’s fired. Woody will ultimately make the decision in the end. If the defense and a game manager and squeak into the 7th seed, he’s probably getting extended honestly. Woody is pretty patient.

Until you can bring another team into the mix, this is where we are.

It really seems you guys would rather have a losing season than to potentially ‘lose’ a trade. 

a first 

Or

2 2nds

or

a player (like J Johnson) plus .

One of those  are going to be the centerpiece. 

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It really seems you guys would rather have a losing season than to potentially ‘lose’ a trade. 

a first 

Or

2 2nds

or

a player (like J Johnson) plus .

One of those  are going to be the centerpiece. 

Whatever you say bud

this is the part where I hang up the phone 

Edited by GangGreen420