QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yet GB has 0 other teams interested

Aaron himself said other teams were interested. Now, I for one don't necessarily believe everything Aaron says after years of his games - but it seems like you guys still take him at his word. So why don't you believe him when he explicitly said other teams were interested and he wished he could have played in Las Vegas with Davante?

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So we give a good 6 options that are all 100% realistic for us.

That's definitely in the eye of the beholder.  You mentioned 2 players (Wentz and Ryan) who were statistically worse than Zach Wilson last year, you've mentioned a guy (Rivers) who is already in retirement, and you've mentioned 2 guys (Cousins and Stafford) where the team trading them has to eat a SUBSTANTIAL amount of dead cap to do so.  Reming me how those are both REALISTIC and GOOD options to have again?

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So yes an average QB makes us a playoff team. So when names like Ryan, Stafford, Bridgewater and such come up. That likely makes us a playoff team. That 100% is a fallback plan for us. I see no way that Wilson is our week 1 starter. So this notion that if we don’t pony up a 1st have fun with Zach. Is a garbage argument. We have options.

Being a fringe playoff team is your goal?  Interesting.

41 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The thing is, it doesn't matter if we wait or not. Rodgers is going to be our QB, that is a fact. The league will not allow it to drag to September, so thinking that is a realistic outcome is insane. And I think Rodgers would make it ugly at that point.

The league is absolutely NOT going to get involved in team-to-team trade discussions.  There's 0% chance of that happening.  So the notion that Goodell is going to suddenly come in and make the Packers trade Rodgers to the Jets is a pipe dream.

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Aaron himself said other teams were interested. Now, I for one don't necessarily believe everything Aaron says after years of his games - but it seems like you guys still take him at his word. So why don't you believe him when he explicitly said other teams were interested and he wished he could have played in Las Vegas with Davante?

That doesn’t matter now. We wanted Carr at a time. Maybe wanted a Jimmy G. So when AR says teams were interested. That means nothing now. Those teams have moved on.

You think LV is bringing him in with GBs permission after they paid Jimmy G?

You think SF is bringing him in when Purdy should be ready to go Week 1?

When teams were interested perhaps in him. Those things have changed. If they didn’t, they would’ve asked to visit with him since he told GB he wants a trade 2.5 weeks ago. Yet no team has except us.

I’ll ask again to you GB fans…

What options do you guys have that are facts? Not hopes

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's definitely in the eye of the beholder.  You mentioned 2 players (Wentz and Ryan) who were statistically worse than Zach Wilson last year, you've mentioned a guy (Rivers) who is already in retirement, and you've mentioned 2 guys (Cousins and Stafford) where the team trading them has to eat a SUBSTANTIAL amount of dead cap to do so.  Reming me how those are both REALISTIC and GOOD options to have again?

1st off I never mentioned Rivers. I mentioned Ryan, Wentz, Bridgewater, Stafford and Cousins.

And not sure where you’re getting your stat lines from. I’ll just take Matt Ryan for example. 

Matt Ryan in 2022: 12gm, 67%, 255yds/gm, 14tds, 13ints, 84rating

Zach Wilson in 2022: 9gm, 54%, 187yds/gm, 6tds, 7ints, 73rating.

So please tell me how Ryan was statistically worse?!?!

If you’re gonna say stuff. Back it up with facts. Because you just saying stuff that isn’t true… is really a bad look.

Ryan plays like that. We’re a playoff team last year. No reason to think with us being healthy, FAs added and another draft. We couldn’t be a playoff team with him.

Sorry that he’s a realistic option for us. That doesn’t fit your narrative that we desperately need AR.

Seems like GB fans are just upset bc we do have options and you guys don’t.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm starting to think that the Jets gave their trade offer to GB and GB gave the Jets theirs. Then they tried to get to the middle ground. The Jets gave GB the final offer and GB is not happy with it. GB is hoping that a team that misses on a QB trades for him but this is a long shot because Rodgers can say no. The Jets wait and see what QB falls to them. Eho knows if Levi is there ar say 8 or 9 the Jets have those two second round picks and could make a move. But in the end Rodgers is a Jet and Lazard would not have signed unless he was 100% sure Rodgers would be there. 

A little Jet-centric, but not completely off base.  Right now, there's just no pressure for either side to change their offer.  And there's really no pressure until we get closer to the draft.  At that point, do the Packers feel more pressure to ensure they get 2023 draft capital, or do they hold out for the value they want?  Neither side is walking away from this, and neither side is going to offer an ultimatum to the other side.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

You’d be lucky to be a .500 team with Love. So I find it interesting to move on from Rodgers and eat money to be worse.

Legitimately saying, being a bad team and Jordan Love looking good would be a "best case" scenario for Green Bay outside of winning a Super Bowl.  Reset the Packers' cap and get a high draft pick?  Yes please.

• Like 1

Here’s what I think happens. I think a deal gets done these next 3-4 days at the owners meetings. I think GB has been playing hardball on the phone and such. But when face to face it’ll be a different story. They’ll put their tail between their leg and be more realistic (somewhere likely in the middle) Maybe even have a few other GMs likely tell them how ridiculous it is to get a 1st for a 39yr old while out there and it’ll ground them a bit.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And not sure where you’re getting your stat lines from. I’ll just take Matt Ryan for example. 

Matt Ryan in 2022: 12gm, 67%, 255yds/gm, 14tds, 13ints, 84rating

Zach Wilson in 2022: 9gm, 54%, 187yds/gm, 6tds, 7ints, 73rating.

Stop looking at bulk stats unless you want to put context behind them.  You seemed to ignore the fact that Matt Ryan threw the ball 461 times as opposed to Zach Wilson who only threw it 242 times.  You want numbers, check these one out.

Matt Ryan: 3.0 TD%, 2.8 INT%, 6.2 YPA, 9.0 IAY/PA, 4.97 ANY/A
Zach Wilson: 2.5 TD%, 2.5 INT%, 6.0 YPA, 6.00 IAY/PA, 4.81 ANY/A

So while the bulk numbers certainly appear in Matt Ryan's favor, the advanced metrics don't.  In fact, they tell a pretty clear picture that Matt Ryan dinked and dunked his way to a high CMP%, and his TD/INT was marginally better than Zach Wilson.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sorry that he’s a realistic option for us. That doesn’t fit your narrative that we desperately need AR.

Seems like GB fans are just upset bc we do have options and you guys don’t.

No.  We're irritated because of the inconsistency with Jets' fans.  Somehow, there's a gazillion other QBs available despite our opinion otherwise, but there's no chance any other team might come calling on Rodegrs.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Here’s what I think happens. I think a deal gets done these next 3-4 days at the owners meetings. I think GB has been playing hardball on the phone and such. But when face to face it’ll be a different story. They’ll put their tail between their leg and be more realistic (somewhere likely in the middle) Maybe even have a few other GMs likely tell them how ridiculous it is to get a 1st for a 39yr old while out there and it’ll ground them a bit.

This is comedic gold.  If you think a guy who has worked in a FO since 2012 is going to have "their tail between their leg" is some sort pipe dream.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Stop looking at bulk stats unless you want to put context behind them.  You seemed to ignore the fact that Matt Ryan threw the ball 461 times as opposed to Zach Wilson who only threw it 242 times.  You want numbers, check these one out.

Matt Ryan: 3.0 TD%, 2.8 INT%, 6.2 YPA, 9.0 IAY/PA, 4.97 ANY/A
Zach Wilson: 2.5 TD%, 2.5 INT%, 6.0 YPA, 6.00 IAY/PA, 4.81 ANY/A

So while the bulk numbers certainly appear in Matt Ryan's favor, the advanced metrics don't.  In fact, they tell a pretty clear picture that Matt Ryan dinked and dunked his way to a high CMP%, and his TD/INT was marginally better than Zach Wilson.

No.  We're irritated because of the inconsistency with Jets' fans.  Somehow, there's a gazillion other QBs available despite our opinion otherwise, but there's no chance any other team might come calling on Rodegrs.

Matt Ryan is a FA: that’s a fact

Teddy Bridgewater is a FA: that’s a fact

Carson Wentz is a FA: that’s a fact.

That alone is 3 facts that can’t be argued. That are options for us.

That’s without bringing up guys like Jackson, Stafford, Cousins.

What options do you guys have?!?!

State facts not hopes!!!

Burrow and Herbert are coming up on the least years of their deals and haven’t got a contract. I can spew out BS to you that they’re trade options for us. But it’d be exactly that BS.

So state me the facts if teams that are 100% interested and trying to get Rodgers? And then please state your options from there that are facts and make sense.