QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

I mean at this stage of us waiting and not having a fallback option of Carr or Lamar... would the majority of us not be ok with giving up a 1st? I'd assume there's no way it's 13 this year. But even a 1st next year. Would we all not sign up for that at this stage?

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean at this stage of us waiting and not having a fallback option of Carr or Lamar... would the majority of us not be ok with giving up a 1st? I'd assume there's no way it's 13 this year. But even a 1st next year. Would we all not sign up for that at this stage?

I would have given up #13 a month ago  although I’d prefer not too obviously. But if that’s what it takes then we just have to get it done. Can’t come away with no deal now. 

Edited by KimuraGod

Just now, KimuraGod said:

I would have given up #13 a month ago  although I’d prefer not too obviously. But if that’s what it takes then we just have to get it done. Can’t come away with no deal now. 

Especially when there's pretty much just a 50% chance of a 1st rounder being good. Never mind making us great for likely 2 years.

For me well worth it. I'm ok with 13. I understand not wanting to. But I'm good with it.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Especially when there's pretty much just a 50% chance of a 1st rounder being good. Never mind making us great for likely 2 years.

For me well worth it. I'm ok with 13. I understand not wanting to. But I'm good with it.

It’s all about perspective.

When the season ended if we thought we could have had Rodgers for #13 I think most would have been happy with that. Sure you’d have some fans not wanting to go balls deep on a two year Super Bowl run but I think for most fans they want to give it a go. 

Then we got ‘reports’ it would take multiple firsts to do a deal and then Jet fans soured a little. Understandably so as we’d be mortgaging future drafts.

Now it’s looking like it may not even take a first to do the deal. So the thought of giving up #13 seems too much!!

Ultimately if the deal is #13 and a mid rounder next year I’m not going to be upset. 

Edited by KimuraGod

I don't mind giving up a first-round pick. I would rather give up more down the road and less in 2023. Obviously, the Packers want to rebuild this thing as quickly as possible, so the haggling will surely be about that. I also think this deal might be complicated to complete because of the money issue. I think there is motivation from both sides to include other players in this deal. I assume the Jets would love to throw in Corey Davis and Zach Wilson in this deal, possibly others. Would the Packers be interested in moving David Bakhtiari in this deal? 

Also, are we past the point of no return here? It certainly feels that way, and I would probably say yes unequivocally if this was not a deal involving the New York Jets. 

My jaded self still believes this can all unravel at any moment. But I think that is more me than reality at this point.

Edited by Jag68Sid87

10 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

It’s all about perspective.

When the season ended if we thought we could have had Rodgers for #13 I think most would have been happy with that. Sure you’d have some fans not wanting to go balls deep on a two year Super Bowl run but I think for most fans they want to give it a go. 

Then we got ‘reports’ it would take multiple firsts to do a deal and then Jet fans soured a little. Understandably so as we’d be mortgaging future drafts.

Now it’s looking like it may not even take a first to do the deal. So the thought of giving up #13 seems too much!!

Ultimately if the deal is #13 and a mid rounder next year I’m not going to be upset. 

I think if anything giving up 13 now I’m more comfortable with. Wasn’t comfortable giving it up bc I assumed we had other options. Carr is gone. And we won’t go after Lamar. So the drop off is huge after that. Also Brown has said he’s coming back, Becton looks in shape and Mitchell can play. So likely we all wanted an OT at 13. While I still have it as a need… with that going on. It isn’t as pressing. Obviously we’d all love to still have that pick. But for a top 5 QB in the league? I’m making that trade.

I do in reality think we don’t give up 13. If we do it’s a pick sway with GB to 15 and us giving up maybe like a 2nd next year or something (that trade back is worth a bout a late 3rd).

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think if anything giving up 13 now I’m more comfortable with. Wasn’t comfortable giving it up bc I assumed we had other options. Carr is gone. And we won’t go after Lamar. So the drop off is huge after that. Also Brown has said he’s coming back, Becton looks in shape and Mitchell can play. So likely we all wanted an OT at 13. While I still have it as a need… with that going on. It isn’t as pressing. Obviously we’d all love to still have that pick. But for a top 5 QB in the league? I’m making that trade.

I do in reality think we don’t give up 13. If we do it’s a pick sway with GB to 15 and us giving up maybe like a 2nd next year or something (that trade back is worth a bout a late 3rd).

Yeah I get where you’re coming from. I’m not as high on Carr as you were so I suppose I was more willing to part with #13 much earlier in the offseason. 

The difference between 13 & 15 isn’t something that would set us back so if throwing that in as a sweetener helps get it done then fine by me. 

42 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

We're bidding against ourselves, why get trigger happy?

JD is a shrewd negotiator and has enough patience to let this thing unfold and not overpay. That's why he's an NFL GM with a 100% hit rate on trades, and we are not.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Only way I'd move 13 is if it was a swap for 15 and it was a mere sweetener rather than the base of the trade package.

Hold out for next year's first if we absolutely need to move a first, I'd really rather trade a second or conditional third. Again, we are bidding against ourselves and ridding the Packers of a massive cap hit, no need to get crazy with the compensation.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

We're bidding against ourselves, why get trigger happy?

JD is a shrewd negotiator and has enough patience to let this thing unfold and not overpay. That's why he's an NFL GM with a 100% hit rate on trades, and we are not.

Douglas is also the guy who pulled the trigger on drafting Zach Wilson. 

So this is no time to be extra shrewd and patient if he can get us out from Quarterback Hell...which he placed us in to begin with.

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

NO

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Only way I'd move 13 is if it was a swap for 15 and it was a mere sweetener rather than the base of the trade package.

Hold out for next year's first if we absolutely need to move a first, I'd really rather trade a second or conditional third. Again, we are bidding against ourselves and ridding the Packers of a massive cap hit, no need to get crazy with the compensation.

History suggests that tactic will get us Mike White as our 2023 starting QB.

Enough with the nonsense. Get a deal done. 

2 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Douglas is also the guy who pulled the trigger on drafting Zach Wilson. 

So this is no time to be extra shrewd and patient if he can get us out from Quarterback Hell...which he placed us in to begin with.

That's some *** backwards, impatient AF Jets fan logic at it's finest.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

History suggests that tactic will get us Mike White as our 2023 starting QB.

Enough with the nonsense. Get a deal done. 

Who else is coming in and outbidding us at this point?

Answer: no one. This is why JD is a real NFL GM and you're an armchair GM posting on a forum.