QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But that’s true. Every second that gets closer to tampering period Monday makes the odds less for him. Bc Jets HAVE TO turn to Jimmy G soon as tampering opens Monday if AR doesn’t have an answer for us. So yes there’s a timeline 

AR's aware of the timing. His lack of a response isnt indicative he's gonna retire. Thats all I've been saying. 

Btw - I"ve got nothing against AR and  never said he was done. He's got plenty left IMO. I just think it's time for a change in GB. IF he decides he wants to return to GB - an odd choice given the teams "We'd like to move on" position - I'll root for him again.

I like W's

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But that’s true. Every second that gets closer to tampering period Monday makes the odds less for him. Bc Jets HAVE TO turn to Jimmy G soon as tampering opens Monday if AR doesn’t have an answer for us. So yes there’s a timeline 

Not only would we look very silly turning to JG now but it would mean his contract would be astronomical as he’d have us over a barrel. Plus all the social media pleas from the players for AR to then sign JG would be horrendous. 

Just now, KimuraGod said:

Not only would we look very silly turning to JG now but it would mean his contract would be astronomical as he’d have us over a barrel. Plus all the social media pleas from the players for AR to then sign JG would be horrendous. 

Yes for sure we’re in a bad spot media wise if we lose. But aren’t we used to that?

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

AR's aware of the timing. His lack of a response isnt indicative he's gonna retire. Thats all I've been saying. 

Btw - I"ve got nothing against AR and  never said he was done. He's got plenty left IMO. I just think it's time for a change in GB. IF he decides he wants to return to GB - an odd choice given the teams "We'd like to move on" position - I'll root for him again.

I like W's

I think it is. I think the closer it gets to FA the more likely he is to retire. I find it hard to believe he doesn’t have a decision already made. He’s playing a game with something now. I mean he met with us 5 days ago.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I find it hard to believe he doesn’t have a decision already made.

Oh - I agree with this entirely - but this is where (again) you've not been actually reading my comments.

AR's been doing this to GB (and if you want to throw in its fanbase by extension....not that he gives a ****.....) FOR YEARS!

This is nothing new.....and I can most certainly talk to this because I'm the Packer fan in this discussion.

Edited by Leader

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh - I agree with this entirely - but this is where (again) you've not been actually reading my comments.

AR's been doing this to GB (and if you want to throw in its fanbase by extension....not that he gives a ****.....) FOR YEARS!

This is nothing new.....and I can most certainly talk to this because I'm the Packer fan in this discussion.

At the end of the day. It doesn’t matter as long as he lets us know before Monday afternoon. Just kind of crappy of him to not let us know with more warning so our GM has a FA gameplan 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

At the end of the day. It doesn’t matter as long as he lets us know before Monday afternoon.

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Just kind of crappy of him to not let us know with more warning so our GM has a FA gameplan 

Exactly.

Now perhaps you understand why I wouldnt mind this being your problem :)

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Exactly.

Exactly.

Now perhaps you understand why I wouldnt mind this being your problem :)

But where it hits shy with GB fans is it’s worth it as a Jets fan. Frustrating bc we’re losing patience. But you guys have had a QB for 30 years. You quite frankly have no clue what it’s like to be anxious to get an elite QB.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

But where it hits shy with GB fans is it’s worth it as a Jets fan. Frustrating bc we’re losing patience. But you guys have had a QB for 30 years. You quite frankly have no clue what it’s like to be anxious to get an elite QB.

I've got a clue. I follow football and frankly the Jets have sucked...for any number of reasons. That's simple fact. Thats not one fan giving it to another. The Jets have been AFCE doormats ever since the time or Ryan (whenever the hell that was).

We're approaching this from opposite ends of the spectrum. We've been perennial playoff contenders - the Jets - not so much. I just think it's time for a change in GB. I'll take my chances with Love and a reconstructed salary cap situation.

Frankly, I thought you guys would work it out with Carr....and I'm glad that fell apart for whatever reason. AR definitely  gives you a shot at relevancy again. How far you'll go.......who knows....but you'll have a shot at least.

Edited by Leader

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've got a clue. I follow football and frankly the Jets have sucked...for any number of reasons. That's simple fact. Thats not one fan giving it to another. The Jets have been AFCE doormats ever since the time or Ryan (whenever the hell that was).

We're approaching this from opposite ends of the spectrum. We've been perennial playoff contenders - the Jets - not so much. I just think it's time for a change in GB. I'll take my chances with Love and a reconstructed salary cap situation.

Frankly, I thought you guys would work it out with Carr....and I'm glad that fell apart for whatever reason. AR definitely  gives you a shot at relevancy again. How far you'll go.......who knows....but you'll have a shot at least.

It really hasn’t been a number of reasons. It’s been QB play

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Do you think the Jets would close the door on AR to secure Jimmy?

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Do you think the Jets would close the door on AR to secure Jimmy?

I think they’d have to pivot very quickly. There needs to be a deadline and although I would have thought that would have been friday/Saturday it’s still dragging on. 

If AR decides he doesn’t want to come here we will tell our media asap that’s for sure so I’m assuming we are still just waiting  

Although both us and GB are in a very similar position in regards to waiting on a decision the fact is we owe AR sweet **** all. 

He’s done all the winning in GB, won mvps and a superbowl. So that’s a relationship which has to be handled delicately. 

We on the other hand can’t be held to ransom and miss out on Lamar or Jimmy G when AR hasn’t even played a snap for us.