QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I only want him if it’s 2 years, otherwise it just doesn’t make sense. We have to take the cap him without him the following year and we are literally back to square 1. For one year and the dead cap we get in 2024 the Packers should literally take a day 3 pick at most. 

100% agree. Maybe this is part of the holdup

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

100% agree. Maybe this is part of the holdup

I mean you’re not going to get him to commit to a 2nd year. So much can happen to change that decision. He wins a SB he might want to leave on that note. He tears his knee. He might call the quits. Etc.

He’s a year by year QB now. I said this morning that I think he does play 2 years. Only way I don’t see it, is if we win the SB (in that case it would be totally worth that trade). Or he gets injured. I think we make the playoffs and show we’re close to a SB… he continues to have that hunger to get a 2nd ring.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean you’re not going to get him to commit to a 2nd year. So much can happen to change that decision. He wins a SB he might want to leave on that note. He tears his knee. He might call the quits. Etc.

He’s a year by year QB now. I said this morning that I think he does play 2 years. Only way I don’t see it, is if we win the SB (in that case it would be totally worth that trade). Or he gets injured. I think we make the playoffs and show we’re close to a SB… he continues to have that hunger to get a 2nd ring.

It’s nice to speculate but this is a guy who’s moving into the psychedelics stage of his life in his 40s. We have no idea how “hungry” he is to win or even continue playing football since retirement is a year to year thing with him now. Though I would assume the Jets would have a condition in place if he chose to retire after one season.

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm not buying the report there is no framework for a trade for Rodgers. i think this guy is reaching so he can get some clicks. I think just like the rest of the reports is that we are all waiting on Rodgers and he has to say yes. I think he does before noon on Monday. I have a feeling when people are watching selection sunday the hews will break around 6-7 pm east coast time today. 

I believe there's multiple iterations of a Rodgers' trade.  Technically, they haven't agreed to the deal but I think both the Packers and Jets have a rough framework of what it's going to take to acquire Rodgers.

2 hours ago, Big T said:

What is the motivation to go to the Jets? If you consider the legacy of the Jets franchise what has he to prove? His money is guaranteed. I don't think he cares if he makes a run at the playoffs with the Jets or with GB. 

Not everyone is motivated by money.  Rodgers has talked a LOT about legacy.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think there’d be conditions on picks that if he played another season GB would get better compensation. 

Agreed.  I would not be surprised at all if the picks the Packers received were heavily conditionally based.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m thinking the trade is along the lines of like. A 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd next year and if we make it to go the AFCCG or beyond or he plays next season it goes to a 1st.

Maybe it's just the optimistic side of me, but I'm not sure how the Packers don't ask for pick swapping their FRPs.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Agreed. Dude has more money than he knows what to do with. Never married, no kids, commercials, etc.

He cares more about getting another ring. The recent success of these vet QBs changing teams late in their careers and getting a ring can only be good for the Jets.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I agree with you, but his legacy is in GB thats all he's known since he was drafted. So why not finish his career there? Thats all I'm saying. The money is the money, and if you hear him speak, he's even at peace if he just retires.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Is he thought? He was hosting a big event yesterday in Cali. So while he visited the Jets several days ago. Likely his last couple days have been jam packed with probably a charity dinner and all Friday along with hosting people. His actual event yesterday. So he was busy. He wasn’t just sitting on his couch just not wanting to release his decision. Part of making the decision is being available. News breaks and his phone and all starts blowing up. He can’t have that while hosting a charity event for a couple days. Event ended yesterday. So besides maybe him just being beat from hosting it the last couple days. I’d expect to hear something today. As I’ll continue to say. He’s smart. He knows tampering starts at noon tomorrow. And for him that’s 10am. So likely it’s today.

It doesn't take a week later to make a decision on if you would be interested or not. He could have given the Jets the answer day one. Yes I would love to come or No, I'm going to finish out my career with GB either that or I'm going to retire. 

He's had a week in darkness, and a week in the light, but have no fear his answers coming soon.

OHHHHHH, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

The guy is a total dweeb.

I'm just happy we could come away with either Rodgers or LJ. The only thing that could go wrong for me is waiting for Rodgers and miss out on others or Rodgers plays one year and we miss the playoffs by a game. At the very least, there are about 5 options that will still improve our offense from last year. May not get us to the SB, but could keep us in the playoff hunt. 

1 hour ago, Big T said:

It doesn't take a week later to make a decision on if you would be interested or not. He could have given the Jets the answer day one. Yes I would love to come or No, I'm going to finish out my career with GB either that or I'm going to retire. 

He's had a week in darkness, and a week in the light, but have no fear his answers coming soon.

OHHHHHH, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

The guy is a total dweeb.

He had his darkness retreat planned WAY before he knew anything about his future plans. He himself said he had that planned for like 18 months for that time. So that’s unrelated to anything with his decision. It was also very clear he was very busy Friday and Saturday with an event he was hosting. Charity event for all those who think he’s a D.

He’s not dumb. He’s actually really smart. He 100% knows the Jets need a decision before noon tomorrow. He has 0 reason to not respect us enough to visit us as his next team and not let us know before that time. So expect something between now and that time frame.

Also let’s have some respect for JD that he has backup plans. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.  There's a very real scenario that Rodgers retires and LJ ends up back with the Ravens.

That's why I said could.  So if we miss out on Rodgers, there is still a chance for another star QB.