The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

36 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

All the good vibes coming out of camp here comes trash man smh.

I'm so glad I don't walk around life  oblivious to reality like some people...

Our pro bowl running back who the O is running through is disgruntled and holding out.

Our below average QB is throwing INT at an alarming rate against a D that projects to be bottom 3 in the NFL.

Our number 1, top 10 draft pick is still injured and hasn't participated in TC 

Our roster is one of the least talented in the NFL and playing in arguably the toughest division

Is this what you mean by "great vibes"?

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Our pro bowl running back who the O is running through is disgruntled and holding out.

Our below average QB is throwing INT at an alarming rate against a D that projects to be bottom 3 in the NFL.

Our roster is one of the least talented in the NFL and playing in arguably the toughest division

I'm talking about the joint practice with the Niners but you wouldn't know because you only come here to whine and complain. Boo hoo!

9 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No one is getting that kind of money anymore and I think 12-13 million is a great bargain. Josh had 2,000+ total yards in his first year with Josh, why would people think he can’t replicate that next year?

BTW I can’t wait to the games starts so we can argue about real stuff.

I agree, and that's why RBs are upset and pushing to get more. 

And him getting 394 touches is exactly the point. Can he replicate it another year, maybe. Do you want to pay him and give him another 394 touches running him down further?

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

One reason is we downgraded the QB position and will lead to more stacked boxes which would negatively impact his stats.  If Jimmy G goes down at any point that will massively impact Jacobs as Hoyer is a super bum.

Carr is a better QB than Jimmy because of his arm talent. But Carr sucked in this offense last year. One could argue that Jimmy while not possessing the same arm talent, will be better in the offense.

And the argument really falls flat when you consider Jacobs excels against an 8 man front. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr is a better QB than Jimmy because of his arm talent. But Carr sucked in this offense last year. One could argue that Jimmy while not possessing the same arm talent, will be better in the offense.

And the argument really falls flat when you consider Jacobs excels against an 8 man front. 

I know I **** on him all the time but Jimmy G is a good system QB.

Getting rid of Carr was probably the biggest addition by subtraction in NFL history.

• Like 2

You'd think after 20 years of pure disappointment that more people would stop buying the annual TC hype.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Getting rid of Carr was probably the biggest addition by subtraction in NFL history.

Carr was still like #10 on the list of positions that needed an upgrade. Tom Brady would've struggled with our defense.

Say what you all will but defense wins championships and we never gave Carr a top 20 defense for even one year of his entire career here. Nor did he ever get more than 2-3 years without new coaches, schemes, and playbooks.

Changes the faces on the field all you want but nothing will change without some long term organizational stability.

• Like 4

Just now, riceman80 said:

Carr was still like #10 on the list of positions that needed an upgrade. Tom Brady would've struggled with our defense.

Say what you all will but defense wins championships and we never gave Carr a top 20 defense for even one year of his entire career here. Nor did he ever get more than 2-3 years without new coaches, schemes, and playbooks.

Changes the faces on the field all you want but nothing will change without some long term organizational stability.

Carr turning the ball over at a league leading rate and consistently failing to finish drives in the red zone put a lot of pressure on the defense. The reason that most of our coaches got fired was because of Carr's incompetence. 

He was a mental midget that didn't have the respect of the locker room, it's impossible to win with him. Jimmy is going to take us home.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I know I **** on him all the time but Jimmy G is a good system QB.

Jimmy G is an average game manager Qb when playing behind a top 10 D which he won't have this year.  You do realize there is a massive difference between playing catchup and protecting a lead for a QB.

If you want to see how good of a QB Jimmy G is when trailing, the running game is abandoned, the D pins their ears back and sends the heat watch the ends of the NFC Championship game against the Rams or the end of the SB against KC. He will be in many more of those situations this season with a bottom 3 D thank he has been in with NE and SF and their top tier D's. 

If Jimmy G balls out this year and leads this terrible roster to 10+ wins I will happily eat crow and admit I need to go back to football 101 because I see the odds of this occurring to be right around zero. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Jimmy G is an average game manager Qb when playing behind a top 10 D which he won't have this year.  You do realize there is a massive difference between playing catchup and protecting a lead for a QB.

If you want to see how good of a QB Jimmy G is when trailing, the running game is abandoned, the D pins their ears back and sends the heat watch the ends of the NFC Championship game against the Rams or the end of the SB against KC. He will be in many more of those situations this season with a bottom 3 D thank he has been in with NE and SF and their top tier D's. 

The 49ers won 70% of their games with Jimmy and like 35% without him, dude is a winner. He was also one play away from beating Mahomes in the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

You clearly get it.  Quality coaching, coaching stability and a strong D are a QB's best friend. Jimmy G has had all of those and this year he has none.  It will be interesting to watch.