Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I think you are sick of the will he/won't he stuff because of Favre.

Being fair to Aaron, it has gone on later in his career and far less than Brett.  At least I feel like it has gone on less and started later.

Could be. The Favre stuff was a while back and honestly I cannot recall it being that bad. But I try to have selective memory with negative stuff, so I admit, I may have forgotten.

This is fresher, and I feel like while I could deal with those issues when Rodgers was performing at a high level, it is not worth it anymore. Somewhere between/after his relationship with Woodley, the dude has been different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Very much so. Gute ****ed up last year not by bringing Rodgers back, but by failing to address the glaring holes on offense. Had we known that then the move was too obviously move him to Denver. 

The issue being the saw Love for 3 years and knew Rodgers was better. Now it's win/win. If Love isn't really good next season we get to reboot faster and get the chance at a better GM.

Yep.

Odds are Love will continue to suck and the Pack will be looking for a QB in 2024. As long as Gute can duplicate his successful 2022 draft this year, then the Packers will be OK. If Gute bombs the draft, like most of his drafts, then we're looking at a rebuilding process with no QB.

Just now, 15412 said:

1. Retirement was never an option for Ol Rodg.  He knew it, teams knew, anyone paying attention knew it.

2. The problem wasn't bring back the old man last year, it was the crazy bloated contract and the fact that they bowed to other demands that were not in the best interest of the team.  There are a number of positives for moving him now but beginning to address the cap hit from that bloated contract most important.  Losing the potential picks from then to now the opportunity cost.

What demands did the Packers bow to? Gute couldn't draft a TE or WR while and was here despite multiple attempts and the team was void of talent at the position outside a promising rookie in Watson. This is revisionist history about making the Packers bend over for him are hilarious. Cobb was better than most of our wrs for a good chunk of the year and was making relative peanuts.

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Could be. The Favre stuff was a while back and honestly I cannot recall it being that bad. But I try to have selective memory with negative stuff, so I admit, I may have forgotten.

This is fresher, and I feel like while I could deal with those issues when Rodgers was performing at a high level, it is not worth it anymore. Somewhere between/after his relationship with Woodley, the dude has been different.

Favre did it for longer.  Aaron didn't start it until they drafted Love.  Part of his making the Packer leadership pay for drafting a replacement.

Aaron is less likeable. 

In the end they both reached about the same level of tiresome.

• Like 2

Just now, Donzo said:

Yep.

Odds are Love will continue to suck and the Pack will be looking for a QB in 2024. As long as Gute can duplicate his successful 2022 draft this year, then the Packers will be OK. If Gute bombs the draft, like most of his drafts, then we're looking at a rebuilding process with no QB.

If Love fails next year they need to fire Gute. We have no idea what last year's draft will turn into but I do think Watson will be a stud. We've had multiple drafts that looked good initially and are pretty bad now. He's had way more than enough time and Love was the golden child that was more important than going all in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Favre did it for longer.  Aaron didn't start it until they drafted Love.  Part of his making the Packer leadership pay for drafting a replacement.

Aaron is less likeable. 

Less likable than the cheater that steals money from the poorest citizens in an already broken state? That tries to sue people for reporting facts on him being a POS.Right...

Just now, hitnhope said:

Aaron is less likeable. 

Correct! Rodgers is more recent so everybody is making it more than it is/was. 

I was consistent with Favre in wanting him gone when he became bigger than the team.

I was consistent with Rodgers in wanting him gone when he became bigger than the team. 

I'll be consistent with Love if he becomes bigger than the team, then he needs to go as well.

I don't hate Favre or Rodgers. I appreciate and revere what they have done for our franchise. It's still a team game and when you decide you are bigger than the team, you must go. 

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

What demands did the Packers bow to? Gute couldn't draft a TE or WR while and was here despite multiple attempts and the team was void of talent at the position outside a promising rookie in Watson. This is revisionist history about making the Packers bend over for him are hilarious. Cobb was better than most of our wrs for a good chunk of the year and was making relative peanuts.

If you truly have to ask what demands did the Packers bow to you're not worth the time.  In short the old man has been on many teams in the last dozen years that were Super Bowl worthy and he has failed time and again late in the season.  Not just this year, last year, and the year before.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

If you truly have to ask what demands did the Packers bow to you're not worth the time.  In short the old man has been on many teams in the last dozen years that were Super Bowl worthy and he has failed time and again late in the season.  Not just this year, last year, and the year before.  

You have no actual answer, got it. I figured as much. Last year was totally a title contender, I keep forgetting logic doesn't apply in here.

Edited by PackFan13

4 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Less likable than the cheater that steals money from the poorest citizens in an already broken state? That tries to sue people for reporting facts on him being a POS.Right...

We didn't know any of that back when Favre was with the Packers.   He was a fun and popular guy back then.  Now we know he was more of a slug than we ever knew.

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

If Love fails next year they need to fire Gute. We have no idea what last year's draft will turn into but I do think Watson will be a stud. We've had multiple drafts that looked good initially and are pretty bad now. He's had way more than enough time and Love was the golden child that was more important than going all in.

Last years draft is different. He hit on his first three picks then really hit on the three picks in the 4th & 5th round. That's way ahead of his other drafts.

And, Gute should be hitting on the 22 & 23 drafts. He benefited greatly by trading two great TT assets for extra picks in 22 & 23... Any average to decent GM would hit on those drafts with the extra draft capital he was gifted from TT.

3 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

2 minutes ago, Ham Sammich said:

I'd put a couple million welfare dollars on this not being true.

Maybe you both ought to hold your water until he's actually convicted of something. It wouldn't be the first time the government brought charges against an individual who was innocent, or at least not guilty by the preponderance of evidence.

I have no idea if Favre is innocent or guilty. I know I trust our government as much as I trust Mexican drinking water. Clearly, he's no choirboy, but he deserves the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Aaron is less likeable. 

True. I can understand the drafting of Love upset him. Heck, it upset me because I thought we could have waited to draft a QB a year or two later and focus on improving our receivers, but at the end of the day that was management's call. But the way he is behaving is not going to repair any relationship(s).