Week 15 GDT - Beatdown in the City of Brotherly Love

Sugashane

If Fields continues to develop he is going to become basically impossible to defence...your dammed if you do dammed if you don't as a DB...don't come up and try to tackle him and he is too quick for your front 7 to catch in the open field...leave your man and come up towards him and he throws it over you to an open man...more talent around him and continuing to progress as a passer and this guy is a top 5 QB down the road.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

If Fields continues to develop he is going to become basically impossible to defence...your dammed if you do dammed if you don't as a DB...don't come up and try to tackle him and he is too quick for your front 7 to catch in the open field...leave your man and come up towards him and he throws it over you to an open man...more talent around him and continuing to progress as a passer and this guy is a top 5 QB down the road.

*to develop and he/Getsy stops the ****ty sidearm throws. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sugashane said:

*to develop and he/Getsy stops the ****ty sidearm throws. 

I think the side arm throws have their place but only when their isn't another option...we have seen him throw round guys and it being great...it almost seems like instinct...it's when he tries to do it for no real reason it is going badly.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I think the side arm throws have their place but only when their isn't another option...we have seen him throw round guys and it being great...it almost seems like instinct...it's when he tries to do it for no real reason it is going badly.

Agree. When they come off as natural that's fine. When you ignore all other mechanics to throw it sidearm you screwed up. 

Fields isn't Mahomes and never will be,  so just get it done with proper form and let his athleticism be hell on the defense 

Thoughts 

Fields is a superstar. It’s fun to imagine what he’d be doing with a supporting cast half as good as Philly. 

Does Justin have the yips on WR screens? And does Getsy not see it?

Really hope Tevin is ok. The post game comments by Flus made it seem it’s not as bad as it appeared. Aside from Fields he’s the guy we can’t afford to lose long term. He’s a building block. 

Until today I had hope Whitehair could be our LG next year. That hope is dead. He stinks. We need starters at LG, C and RT assuming Tevin will be fine. 

Not sure I’ve ever seen a more pathetic front 4. It’s unbelievable how little pressure they generate. If you told me they played with stickem on their jerseys and hands I’d believe you. Remember when we were excited about D-Rob? That was fun. 

It was nice to see JJ and Kyler play well. 

• Like 2

i figured this game would be a womping so i went snowboarding instead. was cool to hop on twitter at one point and see the entire timeline with "FIELDS!!!!" - both national and local. that happens every week now, v happy.

less happy about missing that high 2nd round pick. claypool could be great next year and we could have potentially drafted a bust, but it still stings. torn between wanting to grab a top-3 player because how often do we draft here or trading down and getting a few picks. guess it would depend on the trade, but thats a tough call

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i figured this game would be a womping so i went snowboarding instead. was cool to hop on twitter at one point and see the entire timeline with "FIELDS!!!!" - both national and local. that happens every week now, v happy.

less happy about missing that high 2nd round pick. claypool could be great next year and we could have potentially drafted a bust, but it still stings. torn between wanting to grab a top-3 player because how often do we draft here or trading down and getting a few picks. guess it would depend on the trade, but thats a tough call

I may not have picked Claypool, but the thinking was at least sound.  Draft is a crap shoot and 2023 WR FA market is weak.