MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Kinda growing sentiment now that the Bengals are kinda getting screwed. 

I can’t wrap my head around how they “controlled” the number 2 seed. 

I thought the Bills were the only team of the top 3 who actually “controlled” their destiny   because they needed no help whatsoever. Win out, get the 1 seed. 

I was also under the impression if Cincinnati beat the Ravens week 18 and the Bills lost to the Pats, they would get the 2 seed over the Bills.  🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, BillSabre said:

I can’t wrap my head around how they “controlled” the number 2 seed. 

I thought the Bills were the only team of the top 3 who actually “controlled” their destiny   because they needed no help whatsoever. Win out, get the 1 seed. 

I was also under the impression if Cincinnati beat the Ravens week 18 and the Bills lost to the Pats, they would get the 2 seed over the Bills.  🤷🏻‍♂️

They would then hold both H2H tie breakers. Hell at this point they don’t even control hosting a home game despite being division winners. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

The Ravens were potentially impacted by what they did with the outcome of the Bengals game but i couldn’t have cared less if they just gave the bengals a W because when a guy died twice on the field and was brought back to life it tends to over state the importance of division standings.

your guy Burrow was “outside looking in” at the MVP race. Having that as your primary take away from a dude momentarily dying on the field that your guy got screwed is crazy. We should be questioning whether this sport should even be continuing let alone who wins mvp and who gets second place in the conference. Standings and seedlings and accolades as your primary take away means you missed the point of what went down the other night.

I don't know man, I hate to single your post out. but.....

1)Questioning whether the game of football should contniue? Really?? That's some major overaction and extreme drama. CTE is still far and away the bigger concern than what happened to Damar, God love him. But the sport of football ain't going nowhere.

2)Yes, Damar almost died. Everyone....EVRYONE recognizes that and sent good vibes and prayers his way and wanted nothing but a quick and full recovery. But that doesn't negate the emotion and frustration felt and voiced by other teams and fans. IT ALSO DOESN'T MAKE THEM BAD PEOPLE. It's the elephant in the room. 

People in all forms and shapes of life endure many of these same circumstances with tragic unforeseen tragedies every single day. That doesn't mean life stops or the human brain can't respond to two different situations differently. Whether it be emotionally or whatever.

I'm just as happy as anyone Damar is doing well and seems to be getting better by the minute. But lots of drama going on in this thread.

EDIT to ADD: As already demonstrated. Don't think for a second Damar didn't or doesn't want not just his team, but all the games to continue and be played within any realistic chance. What single person or who would want anything different?

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

I don't know man, I hate to single your post out. but.....

1)Questioning whether the game of football should contniue? Really?? That's some major overaction and extreme drama. CTE is still far and away the bigger concern than what happened to Damar, God love him. But the sport of football ain't going nowhere.

2)Yes, Damar almost died. Everyone....EVRYONE recognizes that and sent good vibes and prayers his way and wanted nothing but a quick and full recovery. But that doesn't negate the emotion and frustration felt and voiced by other teams and fans. IT ALSO DOESN'T MAKE THEM BAD PEOPLE. It's the elephant in the room. 

People in all forms and shapes of life endure many of these same circumstances with tragic unforeseen tragedies. That doesn't mean life stops or the human brain can't respond to two different situations differently. Whether it be emotionally or whatever.

I'm just as happy as anyone Damar is doing well and seems to be getting better by the minute. But lots of drama going on in this thread.

Hamlin didn’t almost die. He died and was brought back to life. He had no brain activity, was unable to breathe, and had no heart beat. 

but ya the emotions of “my favourite widdle team got their fee fees hurt by potentially playing a road football game” are what’s important. 

you folks are sick. 

6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

They controlled it by if they beat Buffalo and beat Baltimore they would at worst be the 2 seed. 

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yup. Most to gain by playing the games. Most to lose with almost any other outcome. 

Ok, they controlled their destiny to the 2 seed. 

Just like the Bills controlled their own destiny to the 1 seed. 

All I want to know is if the Bengals win this weekend and the Bills lose, do they hop the Bills for the 2 seed? 

Just now, BillSabre said:

Ok, they controlled their destiny to the 2 seed. 

Just like the Bills controlled their own destiny to the 1 seed. 

All I want to know is if the Bengals win this weekend and the Bills lose, do they hop the Bills for the 2 seed? 

Yes. That has been answered a few times. But that means the Bengals now don't control their own destiny. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yes. That has been answered a few times. But that means the Bengals now don't control their own destiny. 

Nor do we…. That’s my point. We both lost that opportunity with the cancellation. KC gained control while Bills/Bengals lost control. 

I keep asking about the 2/3 scenario because another poster told me I was wrong and the Bengals were locked at 3.

So KC can be 1 or 2.

Bills can be 1,2 or 3.

Bengals can be 2 or 3. 

Did I get all that right? 

Edited by BillSabre
Change