MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

3 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

None of them were playoff games. Was also the covid year with no fan logistics to worry about. And it wasn't right at the end of the season

Just saying there’s precedent for making a team play that much in a short span. 

4 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Because if they play that Thursday night (Jan 12), the playoffs are scheduled to begin Saturday, January 15th. Doesn't work. 

Ok, Saturday and Wednesday. If Bills win they get a bye and Cincinnati plays Monday night. If Cincinnati wins they both play the latest games possible or even a double header Monday playoff. At least the seeding is valid and the season is whole. Just throwing ideas out there. 

Or they push playoffs back a week and all playoff teams get a rest week while the Bills and Bengals determine final seeding with the stand alone game of the weekend. 

1 minute ago, BillSabre said:

Ok, Saturday and Wednesday. If Bills win they get a bye and Cincinnati plays Monday night. If Cincinnati wins they both play the latest games possible or even a double header Monday playoff. At least the seeding is valid and the season is whole. Just throwing ideas out there. 

Or they push playoffs back a week and all playoff teams get a rest week while the Bills and Bengals determine final seeding with the stand alone game of the weekend. 

If they must play it, I would rather they gave everyone a bye and the 1st seed two weeks off. Making two teams play 3 in 10 days after a player on one of those teams collapsed is a massive endangerment and contradiction. Someone else will get hurt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

If they must play it, I would rather they gave everyone a bye and the 1st seed two weeks off. Making two teams play 3 in 10 days after a player on one of those teams collapsed is a massive endangerment and contradiction. Someone else will get hurt.

Possibly. For the NFC, yes. Not for sure in the AFC though as this game directly correlates. 

There is no solution that makes this right. Every option on the table has flaws. I think the NFL has to do right by the players and to make it where it impacts the fewest teams/people as possible. And unfortunately, that's going to affect the seeds at the top of the AFC. 

• Like 3

Remember the J.J. Watt situation from just three months ago?

Cardinals DE J.J. Watt says his heart was shocked back into rhythm on Thursday - NFL.com

If I'm the NFL, I'm taking the week off and mandating thorough league-wide heart evaluations. Test for everything that can be tested for. Nip this in the bud now.

Assuming that can be finished by the end of the weekend, I complete last night's game next Monday night, and push this weekend's regularly scheduled games and non-Super Bowl playoff games ahead a week. I then cut out Pro Bowl weekend and go directly to the Super Bowl.

• Immediate player safety over increasing heart issue concerns becomes the clear-cut top priority, and gets taken care.
  • The dilemma with standings and playoff seeding gets taken care of, while everyone gets a week off to mentally and emotionally recover.
  • The Super Bowl goes on as scheduled.
  • Pushing everything else ahead a week shouldn't be a major issue.

To me, that seems like the safest and fairest solution to a bad situation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

There is no solution that makes this right. Every option on the table has flaws. I think the NFL has to do right by the players and to make it where it impacts the fewest teams/people as possible. And unfortunately, that's going to affect the seeds at the top of the AFC. 

Or you do the week bump back and get it all right. 

• Like 1